Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mega_option101 said:
I paid for it alll when I sent in my application; therefore, I did not get this request.
How does one order and pay for a PR card for someone who is yet to be a PR?

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ: 22-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
ImABule said:
How does one order and pay for a PR card for someone who is yet to be a PR?
The user was referring to RPRF.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mega_option101 said:
The user was referring to RPRF.
Demarcomechtatel said:
hey mega_option101, when did they ask you to pay for pr card? Your timeline is pretty sweet! It took you only 2 months at Warsaw.
Really... I mean I suppose one could make the assumption that OP actually meant RPRF but it seems OP did say PR card.

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
ImABule said:
Really... I mean I suppose one could make the assumption that OP actually meant RPRF but it seems OP did say PR card.
That's the only logical assumption.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Getting super impatient we received PPR from Nairobi since beginning of june and sent to the following week. Its been 2 months and we havent received updates.... How long does it typically take for them to return it? I wish there was some sort of guideline as to when we should expect to hear back. Its frustrating contemplating getting on the next flight the wait is depressing us. So much for reunification of families quickly....

DBHC

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Doc's Request.
Requested 02-05-2016; Submitted 20-05-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 19-03-2016; AOR2 08-04-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-06-2016; COPR 07-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
canaussie87 said:
I received an email from CIC saying that I needed to send in new pictures for my PR Card for them to process as my photos had expired.. (it hasn't been 6months since having them taken so not sure how they expired) - I did call them around 2 weeks ago to be told nothing was wrong and that I should hopefully receive the card soon.
Are these the photos that you submitted initially with your application or did you have provide other photos during the landing process?

DeeDenson

Aug 18, 2016
Hi Friends,

New and late to this party. Quick question, my husband's PR application was received in Feb and started processing on March 29th. About April 22nd the status on my ecas updated to Decision Made but no further details were given, just application of PR was received, being processed and medical was received. We still have not heard or received anything regarding the decision,...is this normal? How long would I wait until we start reaching out?

Thanks!

fate

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I need some help. I have applied for a spousal immigration from Pakistan and the file is in London, I applied in Feb.

A little background I had applied for a visitors visa with my parents before i got married which is still valid but I got my name changed and have a new passport with my new name. But my old passport is still valid with all my valid visas.

I want to know, can I visit my husband in Canada with my visitors visa? Dose the visa effect if my name and marital status is changed? Will they allow me to travel if i show them my return ticket? Will it effect my immigration process?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hello everyone!!!
I just got an email saying the following:

Please submit:

- The original passport for yourself.

- Medical examination (The instructions were sent by e-mail to the registered e-mail address on your application)

- Four (4) photographs of you: 50mm x 70mm and white background. Please identify one photo (1) by writing the subject’s name and date of birth in the back of the photograph. The other photos should not have any writing on the back. For more information please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Please send the passport as soon as possible, as the validity of the visa is limited and is usually not extended. Any delay on your part will reduce the time you have to go to Canada and land as Permanent Resident. Should you not submit your passport before the end of validity of your visa, we will assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your applications and your application will be closed.

Can anyone please help me out figuring this email???

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
HI JJ, this looks like a good news to me. All i can interpret from this(as you would have done the same) is that they are going to count the validity of visa from the time they issued this letter to one year, because usually the PR visa is valid for 1 year. A part from this i do not see anything else. You can check your status too if it is decision made. As i said above good news is what it looks to me so Congrats bro/sis...

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
truthprev said:
HI JJ, this looks like a good news to me. All i can interpret from this(as you would have done the same) is that they are going to count the validity of visa from the time they issued this letter to one year, because usually the PR visa is valid for 1 year. A part from this i do not see anything else. You can check your status too if it is decision made. As i said above good news is what it looks to me so Congrats bro/sis...
The visa is valid until the medical expires, not one year.

I am unsure why they are requesting a new medical and saying the visa they issue will not be valid very long.

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
JJ628 said:
Hello everyone!!!
I just got an email saying the following:

Please submit:

- The original passport for yourself.

- Medical examination (The instructions were sent by e-mail to the registered e-mail address on your application)

- Four (4) photographs of you: 50mm x 70mm and white background. Please identify one photo (1) by writing the subject’s name and date of birth in the back of the photograph. The other photos should not have any writing on the back. For more information please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Please send the passport as soon as possible, as the validity of the visa is limited and is usually not extended. Any delay on your part will reduce the time you have to go to Canada and land as Permanent Resident. Should you not submit your passport before the end of validity of your visa, we will assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your applications and your application will be closed.

Can anyone please help me out figuring this email???
This is considered PPR. What do you need help figuring out exactly?

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hey Guys,
They requested us additional documents and gave us a time line of 2 months to submit for which we requested an extension and they gave. So far so good. On 25th July they received those documents via DHL and then i sent a Case specifid inquiry two days later with the same documents in scanned copy along with the DHL proof of receipt. 10 days later we got an automated reply that your docs have been successfully attached to the file
Question
1) Aren't we supposed to receive an acknowledgement from the Visa Office? If yes, what should be our next step.

Another thing, in between, before submitting the docs i checked the status from my side(as sponsor), i found that they have removed the Medical received line(i assume it is because the medicals were expired and they had requested a new set of those. I checked the status again today from my side and they have added that line again, so Question - what can we interpret from this - A) good news on the way b) or is it that our file is open and active again c) or it is of no significance?

Thanks as always for your response. I will be doing the Notes request this month end(just like that no specific reason for that date) so that will make things clear but so far just wondering what you guys make of this.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
truthprev said:
Hey Guys,
They requested us additional documents and gave us a time line of 2 months to submit for which we requested an extension and they gave. So far so good. On 25th July they received those documents via DHL and then i sent a Case specifid inquiry two days later with the same documents in scanned copy along with the DHL proof of receipt. 10 days later we got an automated reply that your docs have been successfully attached to the file
Question
1) Aren't we supposed to receive an acknowledgement from the Visa Office? If yes, what should be our next step.

Another thing, in between, before submitting the docs i checked the status from my side(as sponsor), i found that they have removed the Medical received line(i assume it is because the medicals were expired and they had requested a new set of those. I checked the status again today from my side and they have added that line again, so Question - what can we interpret from this - A) good news on the way b) or is it that our file is open and active again c) or it is of no significance?

Thanks as always for your response. I will be doing the Notes request this month end(just like that no specific reason for that date) so that will make things clear but so far just wondering what you guys make of this.
Hi

You're actually lucky they even sent corresponding acknowledging the receipt of the documents. Usually, you won't even get that.

The med line was removed because they expired and added again with new med results.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
truthprev said:
Thanks!!! They are asking for my medical exams because mine expired, they sent an attached document that I have to take to the physician so he can fill that out. Hopefully the expiration date of the visa is with the new date of the medical exams! I'm crossing fingers for it to be like that because my husband just got back from visiting me and he is currently getting everything for my landing, so we do need a little time. We thought my process would take more than the usual 8 months that Bogota VO takes time.

ImABule said:
The visa is valid until the medical expires, not one year.

I am unsure why they are requesting a new medical and saying the visa they issue will not be valid very long.
Hey ImABule, my medical exams are expired, that's why they are requesting for new ones. I believe that once I send the new medical exams and my passport the valid expiration date will be with the new exams. Thanks for answering though.

mega_option101 said:
This is considered PPR. What do you need help figuring out exactly?
Hi mega! I really didn't know if it was PPR because the email was like a regular document request email, we are still in shock with the news!