+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hey guys - some light i would want to have thrown on this concept/misconception please?

So, i thought that if you are past AOR2 and they ask for additional documents that means they have not started to process the application yet. My AOR2(3 lines appearing and status in process for sponsored) on 4th April and we got the additional doc request(PCC and meds) on 27th April.
But, i was going through the spreadsheet for Nov 2015 and in that a couple was asked for additional docs(Police Clearing Certificate) 2 months after AOR2. They got the DM one Month after that.

I am wondering was their application processed so fast considering they start processing the application once they receive the requested docs or they continued processing the application while waiting for the PCC or since they requested after 2 months the PCC they had already reached to a DM state and then just waited for the updated PCC to hit in.

In my case i guess definitely they did not start to process the file yet because they asked for PCC just in two weeks. I hope they keep on processing my file and not put it on hold till the time we do not submit the PCCs.

This seems to be a grey area(at least to me)...
Best of luck to all and thanks in advance for sharing your experience/knowledge/thoughts

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
truthprev said:
Hey guys - some light i would want to have thrown on this concept/misconception please?

So, i thought that if you are past AOR2 and they ask for additional documents that means they have not started to process the application yet. My AOR2(3 lines appearing and status in process for sponsored) on 4th April and we got the additional doc request(PCC and meds) on 27th April.
But, i was going through the spreadsheet for Nov 2015 and in that a couple was asked for additional docs(Police Clearing Certificate) 2 months after AOR2. They got the DM one Month after that.

I am wondering was their application processed so fast considering they start processing the application once they receive the requested docs or they continued processing the application while waiting for the PCC or since they requested after 2 months the PCC they had already reached to a DM state and then just waited for the updated PCC to hit in.

In my case i guess definitely they did not start to process the file yet because they asked for PCC just in two weeks. I hope they keep on processing my file and not put it on hold till the time we do not submit the PCCs.

This seems to be a grey area(at least to me)...
Best of luck to all and thanks in advance for sharing your experience/knowledge/thoughts
Someone who got DM within 2-4 months was likely an American who was processed through Ottawa. I have seen people who were processed in Ottawa have additional document requests and have gotten DM from the February applicants. I made sure I sent a complete application and was never asked for additional documents and our eligibility, security, and criminality has not even started. It all depends on your VO and where your spouse is from. The process is very biased towards applicants from developing countries and applicants from first world countries seem to get fast tracked. My opinion is if they can process an application in 2-3 months they can process all applications in such time period, but unfortunately that is not how it works in reality and couples from non visa exempt countries will have to endure unnecessary delays.

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hi, may I ask what are the most document requested from CIC after submitting spousal application if my husband i am sponsoring is from the Philippines? and why? Thanks.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
cheesecake2016 said:
Hi, may I ask what are the most document requested from CIC after submitting spousal application if my husband i am sponsoring is from the Philippines? and why? Thanks.
Hey Cheesecake,
It's mostly papers missing on your application, it could be medical exam retakes, background police check, more proof of your relationship and even if you need to update any of the forms.

jwnmm

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 28-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt; CoPR: 02-05-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Interesting that February applicants have received DM before any January applicants...I checked thinking there would be at least one...but nothin'.

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
ImABule said:
It all depends on your VO and where your spouse is from.
Well if that's the case then we have a long road of painful wait ahead of us. Another thing, they would have put my file on hold as they requested the PCC and meds right after 2 weeks of AOR2.
We also sent all the docs, but it's just that since in my spouse's case there are PCCs involved from multiple countries, it makes it all the more difficult. And for some countries one has to personally go there to get the PCC!!!!!

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hey Cheesecake,
It's mostly papers missing on your application, it could be medical exam retakes, background police check, more proof of your relationship and even if you need to update any of the forms.
Hi Officer, thank you very much for your reply. and please bear with me, i still have a few questions to ask as im just new here and Im still on the process of doing my applications: Thanks in advance

I am also wondering if the CIC gets bothered if I send them lots of proof of our relationship? I did print lots of pictures and call/messages logs.

also, im not sure on how to arrange my complete set of application forms and requirements, do i just arrange them by the pattern on the document lists? how about if i have separate sheets of paper for explanations, where do I arrange that, with the form where the question is or beneath the document checklist?

And also, my husband started working Aug 2004 when he was about to turn 18 years old, is that ok? cause in the application it says starting 18 years old or the past 10 years. But i have read in one comment that her wife was asked to provide another 2 years of working info, which delays the application, why is that?

one more thing, for the Sponsor Questionnaire, no.7, does the monthly salary need to be in gross or net income? regarding this also, i only started working June 2013,(i am the sponsor) does this mean i still need to put in information from 2011 that I am unemployed because in the application it says provide info from the past 5 years.

lastly, is it correct that I only have to put in my net income salary for the past 12 months preceding my application, where do i arrange the paystubs that i printed?

I am really sorry about tons of questions here. But i will really really really appreciate your time on this. thanks sooo much!

patroniton

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
19-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
18-Mar-2016
File Transfer...
08-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
10-Jun-2015
cheesecake2016 said:
Hi Officer, thank you very much for your reply. and please bear with me, i still have a few questions to ask as im just new here and Im still on the process of doing my applications: Thanks in advance

I am also wondering if the CIC gets bothered if I send them lots of proof of our relationship? I did print lots of pictures and call/messages logs.

also, im not sure on how to arrange my complete set of application forms and requirements, do i just arrange them by the pattern on the document lists? how about if i have separate sheets of paper for explanations, where do I arrange that, with the form where the question is or beneath the document checklist?

And also, my husband started working Aug 2004 when he was about to turn 18 years old, is that ok? cause in the application it says starting 18 years old or the past 10 years. But i have read in one comment that her wife was asked to provide another 2 years of working info, which delays the application, why is that?

one more thing, for the Sponsor Questionnaire, no.7, does the monthly salary need to be in gross or net income? regarding this also, i only started working June 2013,(i am the sponsor) does this mean i still need to put in information from 2011 that I am unemployed because in the application it says provide info from the past 5 years.

lastly, is it correct that I only have to put in my net income salary for the past 12 months preceding my application, where do i arrange the paystubs that i printed?

I am really sorry about tons of questions here. But i will really really really appreciate your time on this. thanks sooo much!

I think the general consensus is the more information the better in terms of proof of relationship. I sent about 30 or so pages of printed out pictures with details under each explaining who was in the picture, and what we were doing in the picture. I also included skype chat and call logs (not all of them, since there were thousands of calls and way more messages. I just did ~3 pages worth and mentioned if they needed more then we can provide that). Also sent in what boarding passes we kept for flights.

I arranged my documents by sponsor application papers, and principal applicant application papers, each titled with their own title page and clipped separately with a large bulldog clip. I ordered them in the order that they appear on the document checklist.

I only provided from when I was 18 until now and the same thing for my wife since we're both not 28 or older. I think all they want is to know where you were at certain points in your life. Make sure you don't leave any blanks when you make a note of your history.

I think I put down my gross income, and I think that's what they would expect, since most online forums or paper forums you fill out ask for gross income. You should say that you were unemployed yes since that takes care of "gaps" in your timeline. Again, make sure you don't leave any gaps in your timeline or they will ask you to fill it out after you submit it.

I put all my paystubs near the "proof of employment" section where I also included a letter from my employer saying when I started, what work I've been doing, how many hours I get a week, and my hourly wage.

Hope this helps.

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
patroniton said:
I think the general consensus is the more information the better in terms of proof of relationship. I sent about 30 or so pages of printed out pictures with details under each explaining who was in the picture, and what we were doing in the picture. I also included skype chat and call logs (not all of them, since there were thousands of calls and way more messages. I just did ~3 pages worth and mentioned if they needed more then we can provide that). Also sent in what boarding passes we kept for flights.

I arranged my documents by sponsor application papers, and principal applicant application papers, each titled with their own title page and clipped separately with a large bulldog clip. I ordered them in the order that they appear on the document checklist.

I only provided from when I was 18 until now and the same thing for my wife since we're both not 28 or older. I think all they want is to know where you were at certain points in your life. Make sure you don't leave any blanks when you make a note of your history.

I think I put down my gross income, and I think that's what they would expect, since most online forums or paper forums you fill out ask for gross income. You should say that you were unemployed yes since that takes care of "gaps" in your timeline. Again, make sure you don't leave any gaps in your timeline or they will ask you to fill it out after you submit it.

I put all my paystubs near the "proof of employment" section where I also included a letter from my employer saying when I started, what work I've been doing, how many hours I get a week, and my hourly wage.

Hope this helps.

Yes thank you for all the answers this is a huge help for us.

and just to confirm, is this the right applications forms to fill up? :

Part 1: Sponsorship forms

Guide to Sponsorship [IMM 3900]

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 878.79 KB) February 2016
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 442.21 KB) March 2016
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 584.73 KB) April 2012
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB) April 2015
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 1.07 MB) April 2008
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) September 2015

Part 2: Immigration forms

Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada [IMM 3999]

Forms

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 496.57 KB) November 2015
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB) August 2014
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]) (PDF, 776.39 KB) December 2012
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570.00 KB) September 2013
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 139.87 KB) August 2013
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) June 2015

Part 3: Information guides

Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below.

I am just concerned because ive read comments that they have filled up the wrong forms or the outdated ones.

Thanks again

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
JJ628 said:
Hey Cheesecake,
JJ did you have any news from bogota

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
humblee said:
JJ did you have any news from bogota
Nope, not at all, but...I'm creating a new addiction to refreshing my junk mail every hour, so I guess that's not too good. ::) :-[

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
cheesecake2016 said:
Yes thank you for all the answers this is a huge help for us.

and just to confirm, is this the right applications forms to fill up? :

Part 1: Sponsorship forms

Guide to Sponsorship [IMM 3900]

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 878.79 KB) February 2016
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 442.21 KB) March 2016
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 584.73 KB) April 2012
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB) April 2015
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 1.07 MB) April 2008
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) September 2015

Part 2: Immigration forms

Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada [IMM 3999]

Forms

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 496.57 KB) November 2015
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB) August 2014
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]) (PDF, 776.39 KB) December 2012
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570.00 KB) September 2013
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 139.87 KB) August 2013
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) June 2015

Part 3: Information guides

Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below.

I am just concerned because ive read comments that they have filled up the wrong forms or the outdated ones.

Thanks again
The recently updated forms are IMM 5491 and IMM 1344 and you have them on your list, so you are good. It's frustrating but don't panic arrange the forms referring to the checklist or applicant and sponsor, I recommend checklist as you won't forget anything, for additional pages of explanations, just attach them next to the page of the question you are giving more details. We are here to help :D

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
gabba50 said:
The recently updated forms are IMM 5491 and IMM 1344 and you have them on your list, so you are good. It's frustrating but don't panic arrange the forms referring to the checklist or applicant and sponsor, I recommend checklist as you won't forget anything, for additional pages of explanations, just attach them next to the page of the question you are giving more details. We are here to help :D

Got it. Again, Thank you so much!

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
one more thing officer, may i know what should I get for the document checklist IMM5491E for no. 21, medical condition statement? should i just request this in a clinic? or hospital? thanks

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
cheesecake2016 said:
one more thing officer, may i know what should I get for the document checklist IMM5491E for no. 21, medical condition statement? should i just request this in a clinic? or hospital? thanks
sorry, is this only for someone who wants to adopt a child? and not for me as the sponsor?