29-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
can-ita said:
Ahh!!! Congratulations! I'm also going through the Rome office and you have just given me a huge amount of hope!!! I really hope that I'm just a month behind you! ;D ;D ;D

I hope you get the passport back soon! What kind of prepaid envelope did you send them? I know some people were having issues finding courier service that would pick up from the Embassy...
Thank you! It was really a shock when we got PPR, I thought they were requesting other documents but nope! We also had to pay RPRF fee, which I did that same night.

We used DHL which was recommended for residents of Greece, and when he brought it to DHL the people there were very familiar with the process and knew exactly what to do to get the prepaid courier back. The office will give instructions based on country of citizenship and/or residence, but I do remember reading someone from Italy was having some trouble with the pick up. Good luck!

can-ita

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016, 9-05-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
kks87 said:
Thank you! It was really a shock when we got PPR, I thought they were requesting other documents but nope! We also had to pay RPRF fee, which I did that same night.

We used DHL which was recommended for residents of Greece, and when he brought it to DHL the people there were very familiar with the process and knew exactly what to do to get the prepaid courier back. The office will give instructions based on country of citizenship and/or residence, but I do remember reading someone from Italy was having some trouble with the pick up. Good luck!
Ah ok, maybe they were waiting for the fee to clear or something

- can I ask a (stupid) question? If Greece is visa-exempt why do they do a passport request? Or are they just asking for copies of the passport? But then why do they need to return copies of the passport?
Sorry, that's probably a dumb question, I've just forever been confused about PPRs haha.

I hope Rome is processing as fast for Italians ;D

kks87

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
can-ita said:
Ah ok, maybe they were waiting for the fee to clear or something

- can I ask a (stupid) question? If Greece is visa-exempt why do they do a passport request? Or are they just asking for copies of the passport? But then why do they need to return copies of the passport?
Sorry, that's probably a dumb question, I've just forever been confused about PPRs haha.

I hope Rome is processing as fast for Italians ;D
Definitely not a stupid question, my husband is Albanian (not visa-exempt), but lives in Greece.

I was wondering if its the fee holding it up, but I checked a few weeks ago on ecas using the receipt number with my information and it connected me to our application, so I'm not sure if there's a disconnect between Mississauga informing them, or they're just back logged? It's stressing me out to be honest, I don't think its fair to hold someone's passport for this long. But, I see 3 weeks to a month seems fairly regular throughout difference offices, and some lucky ones get it back within days. All we can do is wait!

Also, I haven't had any changes to ecas since they started processing on the PA side. I was expecting a line saying there was communication, or decision made, but nothing. Maybe Rome doesn't update it much?

can-ita

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016, 9-05-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
kks87 said:
Definitely not a stupid question, my husband is Albanian (not visa-exempt), but lives in Greece.

I was wondering if its the fee holding it up, but I checked a few weeks ago on ecas using the receipt number with my information and it connected me to our application, so I'm not sure if there's a disconnect between Mississauga informing them, or they're just back logged? It's stressing me out to be honest, I don't think its fair to hold someone's passport for this long. But, I see 3 weeks to a month seems fairly regular throughout difference offices, and some lucky ones get it back within days. All we can do is wait!

Also, I haven't had any changes to ecas since they started processing on the PA side. I was expecting a line saying there was communication, or decision made, but nothing. Maybe Rome doesn't update it much?
Ok! thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

Also thanks for the tip about ecas... i just won't even bother checking there anymore haha :eek:

kks87

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
can-ita said:
Ok! thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

Also thanks for the tip about ecas... i just won't even bother checking there anymore haha :eek:
No problem! I try not to check ecas so much, but everyday 5x a day I do anyway, it makes me crazy haha

I will post when we receive the passport back so you know how long it took, although you will be waiting for COPR when the time comes. Maybe they will update your ecas then? Or else you will just get a nice surprise in the mail :)

Cancouple

Jun 4, 2016
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016; AOR2 08-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
DEC 2015
Anyone from CPC-Ottawa still not have decision made? I looked at the spreadsheet and it seems everyone has either gotten DM or additional document request. It sorta has me worried. At every step of this I have been terrified that they lose or forget our application :-[. I still only have 2 lines on ECAS as well.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Cancouple said:
Anyone from CPC-Ottawa still not have decision made? I looked at the spreadsheet and it seems everyone has either gotten DM or additional document request. It sorta has me worried. At every step of this I have been terrified that they lose or forget our application :-[
Can you give us more information? Where are you applying from? Were there any additional documents requested? Did you get AOR or SA? Does your eCAS say "in process" for the "permanent residence application status" side?

Cancouple

Jun 4, 2016
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
DEC 2015
Decoy24601 said:
Can you give us more information? Where are you applying from? Were there any additional documents requested? Did you get AOR or SA? Does your eCAS say "in process" for the "permanent residence application status" side?
Sorry for the lack of information. I am sponsoring my American wife. I got sponsorship approval on march 31 and my ecas does say "in process". I have not received any additional document requests. AOR was on feb23 and AOR2 was on April 8. Me and my wife have never received any email notifications (even though both me and my wife included our emails on the application.); only the letter that let me know I had SA, and that the application had been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa. I realize it has only been 3 months and I don't really mind waiting, I just want to make sure it's going smoothly, ya know? It seems American PA's get DM pretty fast and that just hasn't happened.

Thanks for the quick response!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Cancouple said:
Sorry for the lack of information. I am sponsoring my American wife. I got sponsorship approval on march 31 and my ecas does say "in process". I have not received any additional document requests. AOR was on feb23 and AOR2 was on April 8. Me and my wife have never received any email notifications (even though both me and my wife included our emails on the application.); only the letter that let me know I had SA, and that the application had been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa. I realize it has only been 3 months and I don't really mind waiting, I just want to make sure it's going smoothly, ya know? It seems American PA's get DM pretty fast and that just hasn't happened.

Thanks for the quick response!
I wouldn't worry too much yet, although the longer wait is unfortunate. February applicants through Ottawa were some of the first to see faster processing times, so it seems that your application was on the cusp of that. So far, the fastest times have been from late March/early April applicants. Your application may have been stuck in some sort of small backlog after you got SA or something similar. I don't think you should be waiting much longer. My estimate would be you should get DM within the next few weeks. You can order notes now if you'd like, but those take roughly 30 days to arrive, so it's likely you'll be done before that happens.

Cancouple

Jun 4, 2016
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
DEC 2015
Decoy24601 said:
I wouldn't worry too much yet, although the longer wait is unfortunate. February applicants through Ottawa were some of the first to see faster processing times, so it seems that your application was on the cusp of that. So far, the fastest times have been from late March/early April applicants. Your application may have been stuck in some sort of small backlog after you got SA or something similar. I don't think you should be waiting much longer. My estimate would be you should get DM within the next few weeks. You can order notes now if you'd like, but those take roughly 30 days to arrive, so it's likely you'll be done before that happens.
Thanks for the positive feedback! The only thing I can really do is wait so I might as well stop worrying. Let's see where I am at the end of the month and then I can start worrying :p.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Cancouple said:
Thanks for the positive feedback! The only thing I can really do is wait so I might as well stop worrying. Let's see where I am at the end of the month and then I can start worrying :p.
No problem ;D. Yeah, by the end of this month if you haven't heard anything I'd definitely order notes. The chances of your application being lost at CPC-Ottawa are very slim, so I wouldn't worry about that. With how fast they've been processing applicants lately (even ones who aren't from the US) I can't see your application taking much longer. Good luck! I hope you hear something very soon.

aditikapoor

May 19, 2016
Hello to all
Plz reply my question
My question is this if we applied for visitor visa and they request for passport then what does it mean. Is it the answer is positive. I mean is the visa proved

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
aditikapoor said:
Hello to all
Plz reply my question
My question is this if we applied for visitor visa and they request for passport then what does it mean. Is it the answer is positive. I mean is the visa proved
I already replied to your original question. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

aditikapoor

May 19, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
I already replied to your original question. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

I no u replied but I wanna 100 % answer and u have no authority to say me anything
So plz if u don't know 100 % don't reply
Thanku

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
aditikapoor said:
I no u replied but I wanna 100 % answer and u have no authority to say me anything
So plz if u don't know 100 % don't reply
Thanku
Posting the same question in multiple threads is still considered spam and rude forum behavior. If you want people to see your question, post your own thread. You don't have to be so rude.