+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 PNP applicant that already submitted their application to NS CIO

BCvannom

Mar 13, 2015
ishdeep said:
This is when we are expecting passport requests but they changed the status to In Process in ECAS.
Curious if anyone got In Process recently in March. Please share your time lines.
I know so many people who applied in April and May under PNP who already landed in Feb
I've been "In Process" since August 22nd...they received my file on Feb 17th, 2014.

angelstamaria

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 14 2014
Nomination.....
12-16-2013
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-16-2014
RasMac said:
Hi angelstamaria, I'm prayerfully waiting like you and the rest of the Feb applicants. Do you mind if I ask for your email add or contact number? Are you from Alberta? I was hoping to clarify some things with you before I lodge my work permit online. As you said, it's a bit tricky so I am thinking of just sending a paper application. My permit expires in May. Our medicals expire next week. Thanks in advance.
hi there you ill send you a pm.yes i am from leduc ab.:)

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
ishdeep said:
I am in the same boat.
Called CIC to ask he status I my application, she said that my medical are in Ottawa medical office for extension.
Everything's seems to be complete. Should expect an email from CIC within the next two weeks, if not, then call back and check.
Read this post online that medical extension is requested by the VO just to make sure that an applicant can land before the medicals expire.
She also mentioned that they are working on my file as we speak. Hope to get our PPR ASAP.

App received: 27 Feb, 2014
In process: March 9 2015

Hi ishdeep,

Its really interesting to know that you and I have the same timelines. My application was recieved at CIC on Feb. 27/2014, got in process March 5, 2015 and the last time I called CIC I was told they are looking at extending my medical which is due to expire on April 13/2015.

Just yesterday morning I received an email from CIC that my passport will expire in May and that I should send a new one as soon as possible even though I already sent them copies of the new passport since January. Seem somebody is working on my file at least for me to have received that email. My fear now is how long it will take them to update my file when the passport is received so that a decision can be made. I was made to understand that if documents are requested they will not touch that file until the requested document has been received.

ishdeep

Oct 2, 2014
Hi Delgado77,
Did you send them the copy via courier?
Would highly recommend calling then and check because you never know if the email was generic or not.
In September they sent me an email requesting additional Info., fastest mode being FAX but it seems as if they never got it, misplaced I suppose.
Then just for the benefit of doubt, sent them the same via courier so that I could track it.
If you have the tracking number send them an email and call to double check.

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
delgado77 said:
Hi ishdeep,

Its really interesting to know that you and I have the same timelines. My application was recieved at CIC on Feb. 27/2014, got in process March 5, 2015 and the last time I called CIC I was told they are looking at extending my medical which is due to expire on April 13/2015.

Just yesterday morning I received an email from CIC that my passport will expire in May and that I should send a new one as soon as possible even though I already sent them copies of the new passport since January. Seem somebody is working on my file at least for me to have received that email. My fear now is how long it will take them to update my file when the passport is received so that a decision can be made. I was made to understand that if documents are requested they will not touch that file until the requested document has been received.
Hey bud, did you recived the request from Sydney or ottawa?

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
ishdeep said:
Hi Delgado77,
Did you send them the copy via courier?
Would highly recommend calling then and check because you never know if the email was generic or not.
In September they sent me an email requesting additional Info., fastest mode being FAX but it seems as if they never got it, misplaced I suppose.
Then just for the benefit of doubt, sent them the same via courier so that I could track it.
If you have the tracking number send them an email and call to double check.

Hi Ishdeep, thanks for your advise. The email was not generic but specific, they also gave me a specific email and fax number to send the documents. This is not the first time I have sent documents via that email and they received it.
Axmcol18 said:

Hi Axmcol18, the request actually came from Sydney because the signature on the email was "Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
delgado77 said:
Axmcol18 said:

Hi Axmcol18, the request actually came from Sydney because the signature on the email was "Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Well it means our files are still in sydney, i called two days ago and I found out they are still working on my background verifications and my file is still in sydney. I don't expect to get PPR as soon as I was thinking.

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Axmcol18 said:
Well it means our files are still in sydney, i called two days ago and I found out they are still working on my background verifications and my file is still in sydney. I don't expect to get PPR as soon as I was thinking.
You never can tell how CIC functions. Don't be surprised if you receive PPR tonight...we have heard so many stories on this forum how people who never expected to hear from CIC anytime soon but got PPR. So my friend, live your life as if the PPR will come now. Let us believe so and it shall come our way sooner than expected.

Thinking Positively!

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delgado77 said:
You never can tell how CIC functions. Don't be surprised if you receive PPR tonight...we have heard so many stories on this forum how people who never expected to hear from CIC anytime soon but got PPR. So my friend, live your life as if the PPR will come now. Let us believe so and it shall come our way sooner than expected.

Thinking Positively!
You know this whole Sydney - Ottawa thing is messed up. Like when I called CIC for the very first time - they gave me a detailed update about my file and at the same time told me my file is in Ottawa.

Last 3 times I have called, and they say since the file is in Ottawa they cant say anything ( like nothing at all)...how is this possible since the first time my file was in Ottawa as well

d_singh3

Nov 13, 2014
Hello any applicant received his permanent residency card. Those who done landing in February last week mine done on 28 feb as per online processing time CIC take 25 calender days but now 4 days over if anyone get plz let me knw and their time of landing too thanks.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
d_singh3 said:
Hello any applicant received his permanent residency card. Those who done landing in February last week mine done on 28 feb as per online processing time CIC take 25 calender days but now 4 days over if anyone get plz let me knw and their time of landing too thanks.
I would like to mention that although online it says 25 calendar days - in reality most applicants are getting PR cards anywhere between 6-10 weeks. They also say 8 weeks when you do landing at the border.
I am not sure why CIC website says 25 days.

BCvannom

Mar 13, 2015
Called CIC today - the guy was nice but not really helpful ;D
It can happen anytime - no additional docs required, my file is still in NS. My work Permit expires in June, he said i can wait till may and then apply for extension.

Sent: Feb 17th, 2014
IP: August 22nd, 2014

shariqamd

Jan 12, 2015
Hi there,

I am June 9th 2014 Applicant. Is anyone here in same boat. My status still says Application Received. Medical is done back in August 2014.

Well I will be happy to know other peoples remarks if they are in same timeline. or is there another thread that i can follow.

Thanks

BCvannom

Mar 13, 2015
shariqamd said:
Hi there,

I am June 9th 2014 Applicant. Is anyone here in same boat. My status still says Application Received. Medical is done back in August 2014.

Well I will be happy to know other peoples remarks if they are in same timeline. or is there another thread that i can follow.

Thanks
It says February applicants ;D feel free to stay here, but we are all pretty much February applicants here :p