vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So i called CIC....and its the same old response. The agent said its in process, so i asked two things -

1. Medical Validity - Said cant see anything - they have either extended or they will ask you new medical....wait since the processing time is till JULY. ( Like Seriously??)

2. Told her that prev agent told me my file is approved ( this is also verified from my GCMS notes) - She says - cant see that either.

At this point i am just annoyed.

My speculation -

Once your application goes to Ottawa - the CIC call center cant tell you much..

Anyone else called CIC?

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
I don't know what to think now, i called this morning an the agent was kind of rude and mean... He told me that my medicals were extended and they are still working on my background verification, it's still in process and due to the dealy they have until June 21st to finish my application. Last time I called, the agent was nicer and told me it was almost Done that they were just waiting on my medicals to be extended.

So i think I won't get an answer soon. damn it!!!

Btw, my file is still in Sydney.

I called again and the agent told me pretty much the same, they are working on extending my medicals and my app is still in process.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Axmcol18 said:
I don't know what to think now, i called this morning an the agent was kind of rude and mean... He told me that my medicals were extended and they are still working on my background verification, it's still in process and due to the dealy they have until June 21st to finish my application. Last time I called, the agent was nicer and told me it was almost Done that they were just waiting on my medicals to be extended.

So i think I won't get an answer soon. damn it!!!

Btw, my file is still in Sydney.

I called again and the agent told me pretty much the same, they are working on extending my medicals and my app is still in process.
Yeah they cant even see all this info on my file - coz my file is in Ottawa. Immigration in Canada should be clearly more transparent.

angelstamaria

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 14 2014
Nomination.....
12-16-2013
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-16-2014
vermanaman said:
Yeah they cant even see all this info on my file - coz my file is in Ottawa. Immigration in Canada should be clearly more transparent.
i dont know what to think.. some agents are really nice like the last one i talked too last week.. 2 are rude and 2 agents were really nice. he asked me if i want him to access our file and i said yes. medical was extended and its in the last stage and was approved just wait for the email asking for our passport..

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
angelstamaria said:
i dont know what to think.. some agents are really nice like the last one i talked too last week.. 2 are rude and 2 agents were really nice. he asked me if i want him to access our file and i said yes. medical was extended and its in the last stage and was approved just wait for the email asking for our passport..
I talked to an agent 2 days ago, and he was so angry with me that his voice was breaking. Like stressing the words so much. In the end he told me "Your case will take 17 months", I was like dude whats wrong with you?

But I said okay thanks, Bye.

BCvannom

Mar 13, 2015
Guys i think i am going crazy and losing any hope...why does it take so long...It's april already next week...the whole life is like on hold :'(

RasMac

Mar 12, 2015
angelstamaria said:
congrats leazy.. still dont receive any email from cic but were still waiting for our ppr hopefully before the week ends.

Hi angelstamaria, I'm prayerfully waiting like you and the rest of the Feb applicants. Do you mind if I ask for your email add or contact number? Are you from Alberta? I was hoping to clarify some things with you before I lodge my work permit online. As you said, it's a bit tricky so I am thinking of just sending a paper application. My permit expires in May. Our medicals expire next week. Thanks in advance.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCvannom said:
Guys i think i am going crazy and losing any hope...why does it take so long...It's april already next week...the whole life is like on hold :'(
haha same here...i guess we feel worse because a lot of other Jan/Feb/March applicants have already got their PR. We are the few unlucky ones.

Fad79

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
vermanaman said:
haha same here...i guess we feel worse because a lot of other Jan/Feb/March applicants have already got their PR. We are the few unlucky ones.
I agree with you I lost hope

ishdeep

Oct 2, 2014
I am in the same boat.
Called CIC to ask he status I my application, she said that my medical are in Ottawa medical office for extension.
Everything's seems to be complete. Should expect an email from CIC within the next two weeks, if not, then call back and check.
Read this post online that medical extension is requested by the VO just to make sure that an applicant can land before the medicals expire.
She also mentioned that they are working on my file as we speak. Hope to get our PPR ASAP.

App received: 27 Feb, 2014
In process: March 9 2015

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishdeep said:
I am in the same boat.
Called CIC to ask he status I my application, she said that my medical are in Ottawa medical office for extension.
Everything's seems to be complete. Should expect an email from CIC within the next two weeks, if not, then call back and check.
Read this post online that medical extension is requested by the VO just to make sure that an applicant can land before the medicals expire.
She also mentioned that they are working on my file as we speak. Hope to get our PPR ASAP.

App received: 27 Feb, 2014
In process: March 9 2015
I feel a few us here are in exactly same situation...hope what the agent told you comes true for all of us.

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
vermanaman said:
Add most of April applicants to this list too. There are just a few April applicants like myself, left behind.

ishdeep

Oct 2, 2014
This is when we are expecting passport requests but they changed the status to In Process in ECAS.
Curious if anyone got In Process recently in March. Please share your time lines.
I know so many people who applied in April and May under PNP who already landed in Feb