+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 PNP applicant that already submitted their application to NS CIO

Ed_nia

Apr 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what it is but I suspect that there was a huge mixup somewhere with late Dec and early Jan applications that brought a certain disorder in the process and CIC is spending this much time fixing it. But a "certain" level of predictability and normalcy seems to have been restored in Feb applications and it's continuing to Mar application.
The question now is how long will this fixing take?
In my estimate I think there are as many a number waiting for PPR now as there are waiting to get to DM. Do we expect a mass exodus of status change from these 2 categories of applicants (whenever CIC decides to continue again?).......we shall see.

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Ed_nia said:
I don't know what it is but I suspect that there was a huge mixup somewhere with late Dec and early Jan applications that brought a certain disorder in the process and CIC is spending this much time fixing it. But a "certain" level of predictability and normalcy seems to have been restored in Feb applications and it's continuing to Mar application.
The question now is how long will this fixing take?
In my estimate I think there are as many a number waiting for PPR now as there are waiting to get to DM. Do we expect a mass exodus of status change from these 2 categories of applicants (whenever CIC decides to continue again?).......we shall see.
I am not sure if that's happened from "mixup" since we are still seeing new people (March applicants) are getting into IP..
if it is really being delayed from the mixup, I don't think they will ever take more IP to process.. and it's of course.. case by case..
I personally know my friend got PPR in end of July and landed in 2nd week of August which means they are sill issusing ppr =)

lele7236

Dec 8, 2013
prprpr said:
Hello people!!!
Checked after long time. Not sure when it changed to IP but it did.
It says IP since August 20.
Seems like CIC is running late by a month nowadays. All new applicants getting AOR after 60 days. So weirdddddd!!!!
DM DM DM PPR PPR PPR i want. :D :D :D :D
WHEN DID THEY CHANGED YOUR STATUS TO IP ON ECAS?

prprpr

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10,2014
AOR Received.
March 1,2014
IELTS Request
submitted with PNP application
File Transfer...
says your file will be transferred on AOR
Med's Request
March 1, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2014
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Inland
lele7236 said:
WHEN DID THEY CHANGED YOUR STATUS TO IP ON ECAS?
Not sure. when I checked on sept 12 it was IP though. I didn't check for a long time so no idea what day and when it actually changed

Einna

Jun 8, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2013
Doc's Request.
08-06-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
04-04-2014 (CIO)
IELTS Request
Not required - NOC B
File Transfer...
18-09-2014 (received confirmation from VO)
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
July 26, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 5, 2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 Godwilling
prprpr said:
Not sure. when I checked on sept 12 it was IP though. I didn't check for a long time so no idea what day and when it actually changed
Congrats prprpr! Good to hear that things are moving now ;D

lacuna1982

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland

prprpr

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10,2014
AOR Received.
March 1,2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
March 1, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2014
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Inland
Einna said:
Congrats prprpr! Good to hear that things are moving now ;D
Hi Einna
Thanks!!! Sadly the wait isn't over yet. The wait continues for DM and PPR and it seems to be painstakingly long these days. most Dec-Jan-Feb applicants are waiting for either DM or PPR since July. Anyways!!! one thing at a time i guess.

May god bless us all.

Goodluck!! to you as well.

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello Friends,
I have one request. My wife is in Canada and she was a student and have work permit too. The one we get with study permit. Her college was not eligible to provide open work permit after studies. Now her work permit is going to expire on oct 15 and she can't get work permit on the bases of her studies. I applied under BC Pnp which was entry level semi skilled worker so she can't able to get work permit as a spouse. We thought we will be eligible to get PR before that but now CIC is taking too long as my file was received on 24 march 2014. Please let me know what should we do to maintain her status. Plz it is a request friends. plz

prprpr

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10,2014
AOR Received.
March 1,2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
March 1, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2014
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Inland
Japy77 said:
Hello Friends,
I have one request. My wife is in Canada and she was a student and have work permit too. The one we get with study permit. Her college was not eligible to provide open work permit after studies. Now her work permit is going to expire on oct 15 and she can't get work permit on the bases of her studies. I applied under BC Pnp which was entry level semi skilled worker so she can't able to get work permit as a spouse. We thought we will be eligible to get PR before that but now CIC is taking too long as my file was received on 24 march 2014. Please let me know what should we do to maintain her status. Plz it is a request friends. plz
Hi Japy77
If you are a principal applicant for PR and your wife is included in PR, your wife might be able to get bridging work permit. call cic call center to double check with them. Or may be your wife can go back to school that way she has study permit and she can still work as nowadays you dont need work permit to work while you are studying full time. Hope it works out for you.

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
prprpr said:
Hi Japy77
If you are a principal applicant for PR and your wife is included in PR, your wife might be able to get bridging work permit. call cic call center to double check with them. Or may be your wife can go back to school that way she has study permit and she can still work as nowadays you dont need work permit to work while you are studying full time. Hope it works out for you.
Thank you so much for your help. I will call CIC about bridging work permit as I am a principal applicant but for study u know it is very expensive to get in for studies. I have one question can I apply for her a visitor visa to get extension. Thank you

prprpr

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10,2014
AOR Received.
March 1,2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
March 1, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2014
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Inland
Japy77 said:
Thank you so much for your help. I will call CIC about bridging work permit as I am a principal applicant but for study u know it is very expensive to get in for studies. I have one question can I apply for her a visitor visa to get extension. Thank you
Hmmm
If she is already in Canada she might not qualify for visitor visa. She will qualify if she goes back home and apply for visitor visa to get in canada but she wont be able to work then if she gets a visitor visa. However, chances are they might deny her visitor visa if she leaves and tries to get back in visitor visa. safest option is bridging work permit if she qualifies.

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
prprpr said:
Hmmm
If she is already in Canada she might not qualify for visitor visa. She will qualify if she goes back home and apply for visitor visa to get in canada but she wont be able to work then if she gets a visitor visa. However, chances are they might deny her visitor visa if she leaves and tries to get back in visitor visa. safest option is bridging work permit if she qualifies.
thank you dear

_123rock

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-09-2014 - IN PROCESS
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
31-01-2015- Decision Made
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
Japy77 said:
Hello Friends,
if you are PNP holder...your can apply for close work permit with PNP certificate...after getting work permit. You can get temporary resident visa after that...my 3 year Open work permit was expiring in NOV 2014...to just save myself..i got 2 year close work permit now. And also stamping after that....

cndvsa22

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
Nomination.....
22-01-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
yup
keep updated guys.. :)

cndvsa22

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
Nomination.....
22-01-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
yup
now a days i hate weekends cuz i know that i cant see any updates on weekends..lol