AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
delgado77 said:
...still on the waiting game...
Wow, I am amazed at the way things are being done in Ottawa, I can totally Identify with your time line...It will soon be over!

Rocky04

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2014
Doc's Request.
None requested
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Not Available
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
23-April-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-April-2015, passport recvd 5-May-2015
LANDED..........
In Ontario since Aug '07 , Flag pole process at Fort Erie on 7-May-2015
leed007 said:
Wow, I am amazed at the way things are being done in Ottawa, I can totally Identify with your time line...It will soon be over!
Off topic ... I like Aristotle's quote that you have :D

ishdeep

Oct 2, 2014
Got my passport back today With COPR!
Hope everyone start getting passport requests now it's been a long wait for most of you.
Passport requested: 10 April
Passport Sent : 11 April
Passport received : 21 April
Driving down to Montana on 22 April!!
Let me know if anyone wants to join

leed007

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Rocky04 said:
Off topic ... I like Aristotle's quote that you have :D
Thanks 8)

forza_canucks

Apr 16, 2015
I don't think they care about us and how long we are waiting for. All their focus on express entry right now. I did a little bit of research and there are some applicants waiting for 16-17 months. It should be a standardization. I can understand everybody can't work with the same speed and each application is different but if the CIC standards is 10 months, the time frame should be between 8 months-12 months maximum. If there is no standards how I suppose to understand I didn't get discriminated? Everybody starts equally, meeting the requirements, filling the forms, paying the fees and sending the applications in. Somebody is getting the results in 8 months, some other person is waiting 14-15-16-17 months.
You are going to a restaurant, you are sitting on the table first, the people who comes and sits after you is getting their food, eating their meals and leave the restaurant and you are still waiting for the food. That's exactly what is going on right now. That's unacceptable. I mean I don't even know what to tell. And it's happening in Canada, that's the sad part.

Rocky04

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2014
Doc's Request.
None requested
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Not Available
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
23-April-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-April-2015, passport recvd 5-May-2015
LANDED..........
In Ontario since Aug '07 , Flag pole process at Fort Erie on 7-May-2015
forza_canucks said:
I don't think they care about us and how long we are waiting for. All their focus on express entry right now. I did a little bit of research and there are some applicants waiting for 16-17 months. It should be a standardization. I can understand everybody can't work with the same speed and each application is different but if the CIC standards is 10 months, the time frame should be between 8 months-12 months maximum. If there is no standards how I suppose to understand I didn't get discriminated? Everybody starts equally, meeting the requirements, filling the forms, paying the fees and sending the applications in. Somebody is getting the results in 8 months, some other person is waiting 14-15-16-17 months.
You are going to a restaurant, you are sitting on the table first, the people who comes and sits after you is getting their food, eating their meals and leave the restaurant and you are still waiting for the food. That's exactly what is going on right now. That's unacceptable. I mean I don't even know what to tell. And it's happening in Canada, that's the sad part.
The sad truth. Couldn't agree with you more.

CIC is working hard to let Canada down. Oh well.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
forza_canucks said:

i agree with you....

lacuna1982

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
I phoned CIC today for I don't even know what time already. The officer was really nice, but he told me that my application is still in Sydney and that they came almost till the end. But he's not sure why is it still in Sydney and that maybe they decided to process it till the end and then send it to Ottawa where they will just issue visa.

He, also, told me it might take few weeks or few months.

I really don't know what to think anymore... it's so frustrating.

BCvannom

Mar 13, 2015
forza_canucks said:
17 months - that's the time, that's the target they are working towards. if your application is not processed within 17 months then you can ask for an explanation. I am sorry, but i wouldn't compare CIC with a restaurant....I understand your frustration, but your turn will come - I was waiting for 14 months.

BCvannom

Mar 13, 2015
lacuna1982 said:
I phoned CIC today for I don't even know what time already. The officer was really nice, but he told me that my application is still in Sydney and that they came almost till the end. But he's not sure why is it still in Sydney and that maybe they decided to process it till the end and then send it to Ottawa where they will just issue visa.

Wanna hear something funny? when i called CIC and I also talked to a nice agent who told me that my file was still in NS...and i decided that nothing would happen that week, but next day i checked ECAS and saw decision made... :D

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lacuna1982 said:

Well atleast you got a proper response from the agent. Most of us are just told its "in process" with no other info. I was told my file is approved and in Ottawa like 3 months back...when I called last week - i was told file is in Sydney. Did you ever get your GCMS notes?

I am a Feb 7, 2014 applicant too.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hey guys,
Kinda shocked that some of Feb applicants havent got COPR yet..keep up guys
Just would like to know has anyone received actual PR card ? I landed on March 3th still no PR card..
My coworker landed the next day and already received actual PR card..

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
lacuna1982 said:

Called CIC today and the call centre agent was just not helpful at all. It was as if she has been expecting my call, she asked me some few questions evev without going through my file and she told me she is sure nothing has been done on it since the last time CIC requested for copies of my new passports.