App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
Good news. I'm sure it will all be sorted pretty quickly.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys need your expertise, i got my passport renew last month as it was aboutto expire in december.
I got my spouse name added up too. So shall we send updated passport copy to my visa office???
Or we shall send when they request our passport.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rash04 said:
Guys need your expertise, i got my passport renew last month as it was about to expire in december.
I got my spouse name added up too. So shall we send updated passport copy to my visa office???
Or we shall send when they request our passport.
I would simply send it after the Passport Request comes. It won't make any difference for you to send copies now.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
I already opened a threat, but just in case, I'm putting the same thing again here:

I applied for PR through the outland process. My VO is Paris and I applied last February.
I’m in the very last step, when the VO is processing the application. Last week I got an email saying this:

[The following documents and/or information are required to complete your application for permanent residence in Canada:

Police certificate from Iceland for “Steler”]

I’m 99% sure that I sent the police certificate, and I already went to an Icelandic consulate to ask if the one that I sent is the right one. And they confirmed it.
So, I’m guessing that they lost the one that I already sent. But it’s just that, a guess, because the information that they give is so little.

What should I do? Should I send the same police record again? Can I ask them by email?
I have only 30 days to send them something!!

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
steler said:
I already opened a threat, but just in case, I'm putting the same thing again here:

I applied for PR through the outland process. My VO is Paris and I applied last February.
I'm in the very last step, when the VO is processing the application. Last week I got an email saying this:

[The following documents and/or information are required to complete your application for permanent residence in Canada:

I'm 99% sure that I sent the police certificate, and I already went to an Icelandic consulate to ask if the one that I sent is the right one. And they confirmed it.
So, I'm guessing that they lost the one that I already sent. But it's just that, a guess, because the information that they give is so little.

What should I do? Should I send the same police record again? Can I ask them by email?
yeah send the old one again , if posible have the ice embassy notirize it . Write to them that you already sent it . It should be ok

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Obronibini said:
yeah send the old one again , if posible have the ice embassy notirize it . Write to them that you already sent it . It should be ok
thanks Obronibini ;)
I hope everything ends good and soon

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
steler said:
thanks Obronibini ;)
I hope everything ends good and soon
I already figure it out! I just saw in the CIC website that the police records must be issued no more than three months before you apply. And when I applied the one from Iceland was 3 months and some days! I already ordered a new, I hope I have enough time and then everything would be fine.
The good point is that now I know why it was taking so long (compare to other people going through VO Paris)

I have the option to get it very fast but it would be only a scan copy from Iceland, signed and stamped by a Consul, certifying its authenticity. Do you think this would be fine?
At this point I need everything 100% sure

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
steler said:

I'm in the very last step, when the VO is processing the application. Last week I got an email saying this:

I'm 99% sure that I sent the police certificate, and I already went to an Icelandic consulate to ask if the one that I sent is the right one. And they confirmed it.
So, I'm guessing that they lost the one that I already sent. But it's just that, a guess, because the information that they give is so little.

Since you only have 30 days left, to avoid delays or missing the deadline, I would write to CIC and ask them. If you resend the old one assuming they lost it but happens to be that something is not to their liking you may miss the deadline to send the proper one.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
KTCYYZ said:
Since you only have 30 days left, to avoid delays or missing the deadline, I would write to CIC and ask them. If you resend the old one assuming they lost it but happens to be that something is not to their liking you may miss the deadline to send the proper one.
Hi KTCYYZ,
Probably you didn't read the other post that I wrote. I figure that my police record was older than 3 months when I applied so I have to get a new one. Luckily in Iceland are very efficient and I will have it on time

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
hi all. I received my notes today, bunch of blah blah blah for 26 pages :p. The end shows notes though, which is what everyone should be interested in, and in mississauga they shredded some of the chat logs I sent because, and I quote, "documents shredded because application was too bulky. Kept a sample: chats."

So from what I get, I sent too many chat logs? I sent about 400-450 pages of chat logs (I have over 50 000 pages or so, hell, probably way more now).

=\. Oh well. Hopefully they didn't shred anything else, the rest was 100% needed, chats were whatever.

As for the application itself, they haven't started anything yet in Moscow (no surprise :p).

Just ordered notes again! Will do it every month to at least get some kind of update :p.

kristinkim

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-17-2014
So I got some discouraging news today and had a bit of a breakdown. I got an email from the Case Processing Center...

I have reviewed your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class. I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have maintained a conjugal relationship for at least one year as per section 2 of the Regulations. Canadian courts have set out the generally accepted characteristics of a conjugal relationship. These involve a mutual commitment to a shared life and a relationship of some permanence where the two parties are interdependent and have combined their affairs economically, socially, emotionally and physically, with consequences for one affecting the other. I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have met these criteria, based on the evidence you have provided. While you have provided some evidence of a relationship, you have not provided any evidence of combined affairs that would demonstrate that you are already in a conjugal (marriage-like) relationship and have been for at least one year.

You have stated that you are unable to cohabit with your sponsor prior to marriage on account of religious belief. I note, however, that it is your intention to marry, and you have not provided any evidence of an impediment to marriage which, like cohabitation in a common-law relationship are both legally recognized in Canada for the purpose of federal benefits and obligations and are provided for in the Act, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have the significant degree of commitment characteristic of a conjugal relationship.

Bit of background. We've been together for 6 years. He's been back and forth living in the states and Canada over the past 6 years due to jobs/visas. I'm American, he's Canadian and we are getting married in two months in Canada. I "moved" up here last month and he's taken financial responsibility of me since I cannot work. I would have thought that me being in school in the states and his contract job in the states not getting renewed and him having to move back to Canada to work would have been enough of an impediment to not getting married, but apparently not. I'm working on evidence to show that we could not have married before now, but any other help would be more than appreciated.

Nothing I would like more two months before my wedding than this nice little present. :\

In other news, while they have obviously started processing our case, ECAS only says Application Received.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Hi kristinkim.. While that is unfortunate that isn't surprising.. Hardly any us/Canada couples qualify as conjugal. It may have seemed logical to you two not being able to get married because of financial issues, but it to the CIC that is not a good enough reason :( I would do a civil marriage now and submit the paperwork hoping they will reevaluate you as a married couple.

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
kristinkim said:
So I got some discouraging news today and had a bit of a breakdown. I got an email from the Case Processing Center...

I have reviewed your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class. I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have maintained a conjugal relationship for at least one year as per section 2 of the Regulations. Canadian courts have set out the generally accepted characteristics of a conjugal relationship. These involve a mutual commitment to a shared life and a relationship of some permanence where the two parties are interdependent and have combined their affairs economically, socially, emotionally and physically, with consequences for one affecting the other. I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have met these criteria, based on the evidence you have provided. While you have provided some evidence of a relationship, you have not provided any evidence of combined affairs that would demonstrate that you are already in a conjugal (marriage-like) relationship and have been for at least one year.

You have stated that you are unable to cohabit with your sponsor prior to marriage on account of religious belief. I note, however, that it is your intention to marry, and you have not provided any evidence of an impediment to marriage which, like cohabitation in a common-law relationship are both legally recognized in Canada for the purpose of federal benefits and obligations and are provided for in the Act, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor have the significant degree of commitment characteristic of a conjugal relationship.

Bit of background. We've been together for 6 years. He's been back and forth living in the states and Canada over the past 6 years due to jobs/visas. I'm American, he's Canadian and we are getting married in two months in Canada. I "moved" up here last month and he's taken financial responsibility of me since I cannot work. I would have thought that me being in school in the states and his contract job in the states not getting renewed and him having to move back to Canada to work would have been enough of an impediment to not getting married, but apparently not. I'm working on evidence to show that we could not have married before now, but any other help would be more than appreciated.

Nothing I would like more two months before my wedding than this nice little present. :\

In other news, while they have obviously started processing our case, ECAS only says Application Received.
Sorry for that decision, it sucks, though what did you expect? Nothing you stated would fall under that category, especially from USA. ;\.

I highly recommend you get married (it doesn't have to be something huge, my god, have a few family members there, nice outdoor one, you're married). I went to cuba and got married (granted because my wife can't get a visa to visit canada). cost us only 1100$ for the wedding, and that's expensive compared to what you can do in just usa or canada for a super small one.

It's not worth the hassle to try and trick the government by using a clause which is almost never used anyway, and when someone tries, it probably just puts even more scrutiny on your file since they probably think "yea right."

Imagine if you could just sponsor anyone by saying "hey my boyfriend/fiance works a lot and I'm in school so we can't get married, let us come to canada plz n ty". It would cause chaos. I wouldn't bother sending another application unless you're married or common-law (living together exactly 1 year). I wouldn't try to fight this either, you'll lose.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seronic said:
hi all. I received my notes today, bunch of blah blah blah for 26 pages :p. The end shows notes though, which is what everyone should be interested in, and in mississauga they shredded some of the chat logs I sent because, and I quote, "documents shredded because application was too bulky. Kept a sample: chats."

So from what I get, I sent too many chat logs? I sent about 400-450 pages of chat logs (I have over 50 000 pages or so, hell, probably way more now).

=\. Oh well. Hopefully they didn't shred anything else, the rest was 100% needed, chats were whatever.

As for the application itself, they haven't started anything yet in Moscow (no surprise :p).

Just ordered notes again! Will do it every month to at least get some kind of update :p.
Ordering notes every month? She must look like Anna Kornifova.....lol. Seriously though, my friend sent over 1500 chat logs and the lady who interviewed his wife brought all the chat logs so they were not shredded by CPC-Mississauga.

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
O_guy said:
Ordering notes every month? She must look like Anna Kornifova.....lol. Seriously though, my friend sent over 1500 chat logs and the lady who interviewed his wife brought all the chat logs so they were not shredded by CPC-Mississauga.
Mine were, haha. They said so in the notes. And every month because I don't want to take the chance they send my wife an email to the wrong email. Heard of them doing that, so better be safe than sorry by ordering the notes :).