London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Netkid said:
sure did. sydney VO + paid full fees up front + full medical = solid turnaround!
Wow! That is incredible.. Hope that happens with us since my husband also paid full fee upfront, full medical and everything! Congrats btw! Enjoy your new life with your partner in Canada!

NikkiEP

Jun 6, 2014
I applied February 12! I'm in Ontario and my partner is currently living back home in the UK so he can work while the application goes through, since his temporary work visa ended here in Canada in February…anyone else going through something similar?

I've been approved as a sponsor (March 12), but haven't heard anything since and we're both getting pretty restless!

I was trying to figure out how he can come here and be able to work, but it seems like without a work permit through IEC (which we missed the application for by a mere 2 minutes)…we're out of luck. And it just makes so much more sense financially for us to be in our home countries working while all of this is going through.

So happy to have found this topic! Better late than never :)
Nikki

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
Welcome Nikki!

It's normal not to hear anything until your eCAS changes to In Process or you get a passport request.

I've been away from my partner the whole time (he requires a visa just to visit) so you're lucky you've gotten. To spend this time together so far. I know nothing about work visas but I think London is pretty quick so hopefully you won't be apart too long :)

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
NikkiEP said:
I applied February 12! I'm in Ontario and my partner is currently living back home in the UK so he can work while the application goes through, since his temporary work visa ended here in Canada in February...anyone else going through something similar?

I've been approved as a sponsor (March 12), but haven't heard anything since and we're both getting pretty restless!

I was trying to figure out how he can come here and be able to work, but it seems like without a work permit through IEC (which we missed the application for by a mere 2 minutes)...we're out of luck. And it just makes so much more sense financially for us to be in our home countries working while all of this is going through.

Nikki
Welcome to the group Nikki,
It has been some action here from the guys with applications being processed in Paris and Sidney, but for the rest of us it has been boring lately... Not all Visa Offices are as fast as those two offices. But I expect the group to begin to move faster by the month of September.
So, lets enjoy the summer and get ready for the action in the fall.

8)

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
NikkiEP said:
I applied February 12! I'm in Ontario and my partner is currently living back home in the UK so he can work while the application goes through, since his temporary work visa ended here in Canada in February...anyone else going through something similar?

I was trying to figure out how he can come here and be able to work, but it seems like without a work permit through IEC (which we missed the application for by a mere 2 minutes)...we're out of luck. And it just makes so much more sense financially for us to be in our home countries working while all of this is going through.

Nikki
Hello NikkiEP,
Since the IEC went online the whole process, it seems that everywhere those visas last seconds. Other than this, LMO is the only option that I can think. I don't know how long is going to take for you, your process, but if your partner is UK citizen, maybe can go as a visitor and just hang out while processing.
Until everything is processed there dis not many options :(
Good luck with your application
PD: Would you like to be added to the spreadsheet?

marlasinger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014 Decision Made..:29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-01-2015
welcome nikki :)

i find that the restlessness can be even worse now then it was when we were just long distance and CIC had nothing to do with it. i think a lot of it, for me, comes from always knowing the plan was for us to be together in Canada. so while the process is just starting with CIC, it really feels more like we've been waiting 2 years already. it would just be nice to have an end date, instead of trying to make plans around a guess! this weekend we signed a lease for a new place but i'll basically be living there alone for who knows how long. if we could get our partners here to work it would be so much easier! my husband keeps working in new york, putting money away. i'm lucky in that my husband is only 4 hours across the border so he's here every weekend. I really feel for everyone whose spouse is so much farther away! hopefully after the summer is over we all get some good news!

Junebug

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-03-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2014
Hi all! First time posting here. My husband and I (he's Canadian, I'm American) sent out our application in February 2014. It was received 2/21/2014 and he was approved as a sponsor 3/19/2014 and my application was forwarded to CPP-O. We originally sent it out in August (but it was all sent back due to improper fingerprints that added another two months to the process as well as a form that was updated since we filled it out) so my medicals were done in May 2013. It still just says "Application Received. Medicals Received." - thank god because I though they might ask me to redo them. I know my timeline so far is normal, I was just hoping to maybe get added to the spreadsheet?

Also, does anyone here have experience with LMOs (I'm staying with/visiting my husband in Ottawa through this whole process)? It seems like a really impossible option but I'm almost positive I don't qualify for NAFTA since I don't have a degree.

Thank you in advance!

marlasinger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014 Decision Made..:29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-01-2015
Junebug said:
Hi all! First time posting here. My husband and I (he's Canadian, I'm American) sent out our application in February 2014. It was received 2/21/2014 and he was approved as a sponsor 3/19/2014 and my application was forwarded to CPP-O. We originally sent it out in August (but it was all sent back due to improper fingerprints that added another two months to the process as well as a form that was updated since we filled it out) so my medicals were done in May 2013. It still just says "Application Received. Medicals Received." - thank god because I though they might ask me to redo them. I know my timeline so far is normal, I was just hoping to maybe get added to the spreadsheet?

Also, does anyone here have experience with LMOs (I'm staying with/visiting my husband in Ottawa through this whole process)? It seems like a really impossible option but I'm almost positive I don't qualify for NAFTA since I don't have a degree.

Thank you in advance!
They could request that you redo your medicals once they start working on your file. Most likely they'll just get an extension. I believe there is another in this thread who had medicals expiring in May and was sent a note saying the VO was filing for an extension on them.

From what I know of LMOs they are difficult to get. You'd need a job offer, the employer would have to be willing to fill out the paperwork and pay the fees ($275 I think) and also, the employer has to prove that he has looked but can't find anyone in Canada who could do the job. So it's usually a long shot. If it was easier to get, that's probably what a lot of us here would be doing so we could be with our spouses. But hey at least you are able to "visit" in Canada while you wait. That's something!

Jan 5, 2014
Hello all. First time poster... a little late to the thread but wanted to give our details for whomever can add them to the spreadsheet.

Shipped to Miss.: February 24th
First AOR: March 3rd
Sponsorship approval: March 27th
2nd AOR (visa): May 29th
Passport request: June 4th
Passport sent: June 8th

My wife is Chinese and immigrating through the Beijing VO. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Not sure how long it takes to get the passport back but we hope to land sometime in mid September... anybody know of Beijing's passport processing time?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Junebug

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-03-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2014
marlasinger said:
They could request that you redo your medicals once they start working on your file. Most likely they'll just get an extension. I believe there is another in this thread who had medicals expiring in May and was sent a note saying the VO was filing for an extension on them.

From what I know of LMOs they are difficult to get. You'd need a job offer, the employer would have to be willing to fill out the paperwork and pay the fees ($275 I think) and also, the employer has to prove that he has looked but can't find anyone in Canada who could do the job. So it's usually a long shot. If it was easier to get, that's probably what a lot of us here would be doing so we could be with our spouses. But hey at least you are able to "visit" in Canada while you wait. That's something!
Yeah, if they need a new medical I can do that no problem.

And I'm not complaining at all I'm so thankful I don't need a visa to be here. But obviously it is hard to be out of work for a year while I'm here. It's the sacrifice I made in order to be here with him instead of staying in the States. But anyway, I just received a job offer (like a minute ago) but I know the process of an LMO is scary to many businesses. We'll see. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
thegameplayingcouple said:
Hello all. First time poster... a little late to the thread but wanted to give our details for whomever can add them to the spreadsheet.

Shipped to Miss.: February 24th
First AOR: March 3rd
Sponsorship approval: March 27th
2nd AOR (visa): May 29th
Passport request: June 4th
Passport sent: June 8th

My wife is Chinese and immigrating through the Beijing VO. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Not sure how long it takes to get the passport back but we hope to land sometime in mid September... anybody know of Beijing's passport processing time?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
I already added you to the spreadsheet. Would you check it to see if it's correct and give me the information missing?
Thanks and good luck

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Junebug said:

Thank you in advance!
Hello Junebug,
I already added you to the spreadsheet that I saw in your posts. Would you check the spreadsheet and give me the rest of information that is missing in the spreadsheet?
Thanks

NikkiEP

Jun 6, 2014
steler said:
Hello NikkiEP,
Since the IEC went online the whole process, it seems that everywhere those visas last seconds. Other than this, LMO is the only option that I can think. I don't know how long is going to take for you, your process, but if your partner is UK citizen, maybe can go as a visitor and just hang out while processing.
Until everything is processed there dis not many options :(
Good luck with your application
PD: Would you like to be added to the spreadsheet?
Everyone is so great here! So glad I joined the group :) I'd love to be added to the spreadsheet, thanks!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
NikkiEP said:
Everyone is so great here! So glad I joined the group :) I'd love to be added to the spreadsheet, thanks!
That's great! Would you give the information to add in the spreadsheet?

littleern

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014, CIC M requested police cert and rec'd on 14-04-2014
AOR Received.