17-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
alijumani said:
Finally after almost 18 months of wait I got "Ready for Visa" email tonight. Thanks to Almighty Allah
Congrats buddy and all the best , eagerly waiting for my turn.

hope1987

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 17, 2014
AOR Received.
March 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering how long does it take to receive your PR card, I did my landing on June 1st and since then it has almost been 8 weeks now and I still haven't received it. Can someone help me figure this out please?

Thank you,
Sam

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
hope1987 said:
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering how long does it take to receive your PR card, I did my landing on June 1st and since then it has almost been 8 weeks now and I still haven't received it. Can someone help me figure this out please?

Thank you,
Sam
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi,

I have been following this forum quietly for a long time. Here is my timeline:

Application filed - Feb 28, 2014
AOR Received - Mar 20, 2014
Informed about marital status change (Got Married) - Jan 11, 2015
Request to submit spouse add-on kit - Jan 20, 2015
Submitted spouse add-on kit - Jan 28, 2015
Medicals Requested - April 14 (For both me and my spouse)
Medicals done - April 18 (For both me and my spouse)
Request for RPRF Payment - April 15, Paid right away.
Request for spouse processing fee - May 5, 2015, Paid right away.
Request for additional Information - July 30, 2015

While I was waiting for PPR, I got this email which made me really sad. Below is the email I have received from CIC ottawa today asking for evidences proving our relationship:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;
· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
· Details of the history of your relationship;
· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to submit the requested documents:

Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

Now that my question is
1. what should I provide for "history of your relationship". Is it just a brief description in word like how we met and how long we know each other, etc...?
2. what is "statutory declaration" and how to obtain that? We are legally married, do we still need to provide this?
3. How to submit all these big documents in an email as they mentioned to do so.
4. My spouse on the other hand received a similar email, does that mean both of us has to provide different files/same files for one application?

I know this will cause additional delay. But any idea like how long I still need to wait for PPR?

Experts pls advise...

Thanks

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Looks like there is confusion, CIC assumed you have included common-law relationship,

As about prooof of marriage and relationship i mailed them by POST not e-mail,

Thanks
Sabya

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
sab12in said:
Looks like there is confusion, CIC assumed you have included common-law relationship,

As about prooof of marriage and relationship i mailed them by POST not e-mail,

Thanks
Sabya
In that case, what is the best that I can do? Can i just provide letters from families & friends along with their contact number?

They specifically mentioned to email them under the section "How to submit the documents". Should I still submit everything by post?

Thanks for your response

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
For me they asked to submit by post, because i received the spouse relationship questionnaire which they need in original, not scan copy .
So along with that i sent photographs, call logs, travel tickets etc.

sktelectric

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc - ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
IUser said:
Hi,

I have been following this forum quietly for a long time. Here is my timeline:

Application filed - Feb 28, 2014
AOR Received - Mar 20, 2014
Informed about marital status change (Got Married) - Jan 11, 2015
Request to submit spouse add-on kit - Jan 20, 2015
Submitted spouse add-on kit - Jan 28, 2015
Medicals Requested - April 14 (For both me and my spouse)
Medicals done - April 18 (For both me and my spouse)
Request for RPRF Payment - April 15, Paid right away.
Request for spouse processing fee - May 5, 2015, Paid right away.
Request for additional Information - July 30, 2015

While I was waiting for PPR, I got this email which made me really sad. Below is the email I have received from CIC ottawa today asking for evidences proving our relationship:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse's passport;
· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
· Details of the history of your relationship;
· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to submit the requested documents:

Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca.

Now that my question is
1. what should I provide for "history of your relationship". Is it just a brief description in word like how we met and how long we know each other, etc...?
2. what is "statutory declaration" and how to obtain that? We are legally married, do we still need to provide this?
3. How to submit all these big documents in an email as they mentioned to do so.
4. My spouse on the other hand received a similar email, does that mean both of us has to provide different files/same files for one application?

I know this will cause additional delay. But any idea like how long I still need to wait for PPR?

Experts pls advise...

Thanks
Hi Iuser.

I'm also Feb applicant and I got the same email today afternoon.
the only difference between you and me is that they haven't asked me to pay RPRF yet.
But they sent the same email to me and my spouse as well.

I'm planning to send all the photographs and bills, travel documents etc through email by scanning them.

But I'm confused about the same you are thinking about statutory declaration.
Let me know if you figured about it.

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
sktelectric said:
Hi Iuser.

I'm also Feb applicant and I got the same email today afternoon.
the only difference between you and me is that they haven't asked me to pay RPRF yet.
But they sent the same email to me and my spouse as well.

I'm planning to send all the photographs and bills, travel documents etc through email by scanning them.

But I'm confused about the same you are thinking about statutory declaration.
Let me know if you figured about it.
Sure, I will keep you posted. Most likely that is required for common-law partners. But then, we dont want to take a chance. Let me know if you find anything.

vicky_india

Feb 11, 2013
I too get the similar email. I am a April 2014 applicant. I think statutory declarations from individuals is for CLP not for legally married couples. I called CIC call center and they also advised me the same. They also told me that if it is instructed to send the docs through email then send them through email.

Please let us know if you find some new information.Lets help each other.

sktelectric

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc - ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Hi Iuser and Vicky_India

I am confused on how to send all the photos in a single email.

I had lots of all the photos requested by cic ( probably close to 10Gb- although I select only important photos it is taking close to 1.8Gb)

I created couple of pdf files coping all the photos into a file. even they are close to 190 Mb which we cannot send in a single email.

Let me know how you guys are planning to send the photos.

Cheers.

amrsoudy

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i need to know if any one wrote in the travel application that he traveled for less then 6 months outside his country .. and the fedral asked him for police vise from this county ?

i mean ea=exactly less then 6 months :-* :-* :-*

vicky_india

Feb 11, 2013
@sktelectric

I was also in the same situation as you are in. What I did, I scanned the hardcopy of photographs (from marriage albums) in a pdf file.The size was managable, less than 3 MB for almost 25 pics. After that I wrote small notes (sticky notes) against each pic in the pdf file. In the email I mentioned that, "I was instructed to send the docs through email, and since the size of each pic was more than 5 MB, I am sending like this in pdf format. Please let me know if it is required to send the pics through regular mail also."

I hope this should work.

NorthYorkGuy

Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP-sent with application
Med's Request
upfont
Passport Req..
28-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2015
LANDED..........
07-May-2015
alijumani said:
Finally after almost 18 months of wait I got "Ready for Visa" email tonight. Thanks to Almighty Allah
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

YOU HAVE HELPED ANSWERING MANY PEOPLE. YOU DESERVE IT.

GOOD LUCK WITH REST OF THE JOURNEY.

Camq

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-2015--PCC
AOR Received.
07-2014
Med's Request
01-2015
Passport Req..
10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-2015
LANDED..........
11-2015
what if your medicals expire before CIC issues you a Copr?