AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
It's not about company being illegitimate, My company is largest software company in world. However, the company pays in their own policy. Its Canadian Taxation policy that no tax need to be paid on expense of foreign workers. Its not that they don't pay any taxes. Had it been illegal they would not have approved my work permit for so many years.

It's my mistake that I could not explain them properly.

Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Regardless of where your wage is paid you need to declare and pay tax in Canada. Reading your comment it makes perfect sense as to why they are questioning your application. You are essentially working here but not paying tax to the Canadian government.

I have seen a number of similar posts around the forum which generally indicates people are here working for iligitimate companies!

And we wonder why regulations are tightening.

Thx

A

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
alijumani said:
Bouncer i have the exact same timeline as your app rcvd: 24 Feb and AOR 17 Mar and we both have spmehow same issues in file which lead us to second review mine notes :"LOE/ Supporting Docs do NOT appear to match lead statement and/or a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected." Can you please kindly share your VO code and when he review you file i mean on which date thanks.
Hi Ali, check your inbox

sad22

Apr 20, 2014
Hi everyone
Its been more than 12 weeks that me and my dependents passed the medicals but it still doesnt show on my ECAS status. ( DMP confirmed uploading the results and CIC acknowledged receipt)
Is it normal or is there something I should be worried about?

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
alijumani said:
I haven't received any message yet
Please check now, I see in my outbox. Please excuse if you see duplicate messages.

TB4499

Oct 31, 2013
Hi everyone, I am a temporary worker until september 2015 and intend to apply for CEC in january 2015. I have to include my husband (because he is tw too) but not my child because she is born here.

What is the diff between IELTS and CELPIP? Do I need both to just one? Also, does my husband have to have it as well?

Any tips and advices you are willing to share? Thanks in advance.

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
TB4499 said:
Hi everyone, I am a temporary worker until september 2015 and intend to apply for CEC in january 2015. I have to include my husband (because he is tw too) but not my child because she is born here.

What is the diff between IELTS and CELPIP? Do I need both to just one? Also, does my husband have to have it as well?

Any tips and advices you are willing to share? Thanks in advance.
I think that express entry starts in January, so you won't be applying under CEC. No one really knows what express entry will entail yet (correct me if I'm wrong here guys)

As far as IELTS an CELPIP, you only need one, not both :D

And you do still need to include your child, because she is still a dependent. I had to include my ex husband, and he was born and bred here in Canada :)

I could be wrong though. Seniors??

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
bouncer said:
It's not about company being illegitimate, My company is largest software company in world. However, the company pays in their own policy. Its Canadian Taxation policy that no tax need to be paid on expense of foreign workers. Its not that they don't pay any taxes. Had it been illegal they would not have approved my work permit for so many years.

Hi

Do you work in Canada?

Do you file a tax return and pay Canadian taxes?

Thx

A

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
bouncer said:
Oh for sure My experience is in Canada and I am paying taxes here and I do have NOA and T4, though its not for 100k. May be I need to send a letter explaining the same.
Hello Bouncer,

I guess you can only claim the amount that is show in your T4 not 100K then. Because CIC will only believe your T4 and NOA not employment letter. in this case i would apply under FSW. Because you have the experience in required to apply and your chance to getting PR will increase if you do so..

Best of luck Bro..

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^DrMidnite is correct.
Even assuming your company does not deduct taxes for Canada (because the payroll is overseas), you are deemed a resident of Canada for taxation purposes.
As such, you need to report a worldwide income (include all those earned outside of Canada). Add all your income with those on your Canadian T4.
Assuming the parent company deducts your taxes on your payroll and remits these to your government, depending on the tax treaty between that country and Canada, you have to pay Canada with the balance.
Consult a tax expert on this.

But your notes also shows there is a question on the NOC relative to the job duties. <- This can be easily remedied.

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Hi Bouncer,

When you apply for work permit , all they ar elooking at your employers criteria and your experience and education.

Now As you said your company pays according to their policy. I guess they are saving taxes. Because your company show you as foreign worker expense. Means your company will not pay any taxes to Canada govt. for hiring you.

Now what CEC is all about:
1)Work in Canada for 1 year
2) Pay taxes by employee in Canada - T4 and NOA
3)Pay taxes by employer in Canada

Now if we take alook at your income, 100K per year,
Now Canada Immigration is expecting:
1) Approx. 30,000 dollar every year from employee( Go to CRA for tax calculation :http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/bsnss/pdoc-eng.html)
2) Your employer pay taxes Approx. 30 to 40,000 / year. Because in Canada employer has to pay taxes in order to hire personnel permanently or contract.

Now what immigration officer is looking at this money in CRA account. Because Visa Officer will consider the fact that who is most beneficial to Canada. And only those will get Permanent Residency.

In your case you don't fulfill these criteria, I would suggest apply under FSW as you have the ability to succeed under that criteria.

bouncer said:

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Yup I do and my company pay even taxes for me. Its as per tax treaty that my company pay taxes only on my india income and per diem. They don't pay tax on my expenses like rent which is 3500 cad per month car rental 2000 gas bills 300 and my flight cost. I checked some old posts and found some guys in similar situation and they explained CIC really well which I dint. I will as well write a covering letter in detail and let's see how it goes. Will keep you guys posted. And suggestion is really appreciated. Thanks friend
:'(
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Do you work in Canada?

Do you file a tax return and pay Canadian taxes?

Thx

A

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
I have few seniors in forum with similar situation. Hope to get input from them. Thanks all for your valuable suggestions and standing by.

MJ009 said:
Hi Bouncer,

When you apply for work permit , all they ar elooking at your employers criteria and your experience and education.

Now As you said your company pays according to their policy. I guess they are saving taxes. Because your company show you as foreign worker expense. Means your company will not pay any taxes to Canada govt. for hiring you.

Now what CEC is all about:
1)Work in Canada for 1 year
2) Pay taxes by employee in Canada - T4 and NOA
3)Pay taxes by employer in Canada

Now if we take alook at your income, 100K per year,
Now Canada Immigration is expecting:
1) Approx. 30,000 dollar every year from employee( Go to CRA for tax calculation :http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/bsnss/pdoc-eng.html)
2) Your employer pay taxes Approx. 30 to 40,000 / year. Because in Canada employer has to pay taxes in order to hire personnel permanently or contract.

Now what immigration officer is looking at this money in CRA account. Because Visa Officer will consider the fact that who is most beneficial to Canada. And only those will get Permanent Residency.

In your case you don't fulfill these criteria, I would suggest apply under FSW as you have the ability to succeed under that criteria.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
bouncer said:
Yup I do and my company pay even taxes for me. Its as per tax treaty that my company pay taxes only on my india income and per diem. They don't pay tax on my expenses like rent which is 3500 cad per month car rental 2000 gas bills 300 and my flight cost. I checked some old posts and found some guys in similar situation and they explained CIC really well which I dint. I will as well write a covering letter in detail and let's see how it goes. Will keep you guys posted. And suggestion is really appreciated. Thanks friend
:'(
The thing is, all of these have to be reflected in your NOA.
When you file your taxes, you need to include all of your sources of income, wherever these may be paid/reported.
Then the CRA will determine if the taxes paid (Indian income) is sufficient or not.
As long as you are residing in Canada, your inflows need to be reported, and the net tax (e.g. after treaty adjustments) determined.

Kochumol

Jul 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-05-2015 ( Visa office change email received on 30-05-2015 )
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
I think you will be okay, just explain that properly.

Refer here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/in-the-edge-of-rejection-%E2%80%93help-needed-t177470.0.html;msg3312836#msg3312836