+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Applicants

lcortez

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Hi all, I am starting to get really nervous. I sent my application on Febrary and I did the medical examination on Sep 22nd but since that I haven't got any news about it. Today I checked my status for the first time and it is on the first stage ( "we received your application on Feb 20th" ). I contacted the place where I did my medical examination and they told me that they already sent the results. I don't know what to do. Is this happening to other people? should I be worried?should I try to contact immigration?
I really appreciate your help.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
lcortez said:
Hi all, I am starting to get really nervous. I sent my application on Febrary and I did the medical examination on Sep 22nd but since that I haven't got any news about it. Today I checked my status for the first time and it is on the first stage ( "we received your application on Feb 20th" ). I contacted the place where I did my medical examination and they told me that they already sent the results. I don't know what to do. Is this happening to other people? should I be worried?should I try to contact immigration?
First, order GCMS notes to see your application status.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
lcortez said:
Not trying to scare you but the reason for delay could be that they might have put your medical "Under Review". Did you ask your physician if they found anything unusual in your Medical ?

OR

CIC might have misplaced your Medicals. Raise a CSE, asking them if they received your medical from Physician ? Also attach a copy of Medical confirmation so they can trace it in their system.

Nothing to worry. You are good.

rmfsrf

Sep 8, 2014
xhh said:
I paid RPRF upfront and I just want to know if we still could received request for fee payment, my application received on Feb 11th, ME August 30, still nothing untill now....so worried
I paid when it was requested from CIC. But seeing the posts here, I believe paying upfront is a wiser choice, since the email for RPRF request actually sounds like a reminder that your RPRF is due (as if like you should have paid it by now). If God forbid, something goes wrong, this fee is refundable. If anything, you should directly be receiving passport request.
So chill !

I'll let seniors in this forum to further comment on that.

rmfsrf

Sep 8, 2014
bc123 said:
Yes. It comes automatically. While landing it is initiated
Thanks,
I have a couple of more questions for the seniors here. How long does it usually take to receive the cards? If I do the landing immediately after I get COPR, can I travel before I get the cards. I have to make a trip to US, and then to India. If I land immediately, chances are that I will receive the cards before I leave for India. But I am not sure how will I be able to return to Canada (from US) after landing and before receiving the cards.
My current TRV and work permits are still valid.

I'd appreciate your response.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
rmfsrf said:
Thanks,
I have a couple of more questions for the seniors here. How long does it usually take to receive the cards? If I do the landing immediately after I get COPR, can I travel before I get the cards. I have to make a trip to US, and then to India. If I land immediately, chances are that I will receive the cards before I leave for India. But I am not sure how will I be able to return to Canada (from US) after landing and before receiving the cards.
My current TRV and work permits are still valid.

I'd appreciate your response.
I think if you don't have PR card , You need to get Travel document back in India to travel back to Canada.

Its not advisable to travel with out PR card , if person is not from visa exempt country.

As you have landed already you are PR now , your WP and visa are no more valid and are nullified because of change in status which is permanent resident.

rmfsrf

Sep 8, 2014
Gurindar said:
I think if you don't have PR card , You need to get Travel document back in India to travel back to Canada.

Its not advisable to travel with out PR card , if person is not from visa exempt country.

As you have landed already you are PR now , your WP and visa are no more valid and are nullified because of change in status which is permanent resident.
Thanks,
It makes sense. But getting the travel document from US, where I am going for only 3-4 days doesn't sound like a feasible option. I believe I'd initiate the landing process after I am back from US and before I leave for India. That way someone can fedex me the cards from here. Do you have an idea how long it takes between landing and receiving the card ?

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Ideally to be on safer side : 6-8 weeks , I guess CIC site is showing 21 days which i firmly believe is the time when they start processing your PR Card.

Read this out , this might be helpful .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

rmfsrf

Sep 8, 2014
Gurindar said:
Ideally to be on safer side : 6-8 weeks , I guess CIC site is showing 21 days which i firmly believe is the time when they start processing your PR Card.

Read this out , this might be helpful .
Thanks very much Gurindar. Based on this I'd speculate driving back in a car to Canada and then take a domestic flight. That way I can travel without a card.

xhh

Mar 11, 2014
rmfsrf said:
I paid when it was requested from CIC. But seeing the posts here, I believe paying upfront is a wiser choice, since the email for RPRF request actually sounds like a reminder that your RPRF is due (as if like you should have paid it by now). If God forbid, something goes wrong, this fee is refundable. If anything, you should directly be receiving passport request.
So chill !

I'll let seniors in this forum to further comment on that.
thx, I checked the post before, some people flied on Jan, and they just got ppr days before, maybe more time. CIC send all ppls for tainning new system....

cyril123

Dec 2, 2014
Hi,

I am Feb, 2014 applicant. I submitted application for me, my wife and 2 years old son under the CEC. I need your help and advice. We got medical request in 11th September and medical exam was done on 24th September. The problem is that we live in Halifax and there is only one CIC authorized doctor here for the whole Nova Scotia, he is very disrespectful and arrogant. This doctor want our 2year old baby to perform some activities, so we captured those videos and showed to him. But the doctor in his usual disrespectful refused to accept some of those videos and start arguing that baby did not put the 6 blocks, rather he think that baby put the 5 blocks etc etc. So, because we were quite worried so we took the independent opinion for two other health professionals and they gave us their opinion (after seeing those videos and compared against the CIC requirements). We went again to the that cic authorized doctor and showed those letters to him but he again refused to accept those. In the end he wrote some negative points about our baby in the medical report and send to Ottawa. To let Ottawa know, I had sent those two letters (from two other doctors) to CIC by post along with an explanation letter. Since than we did not heard anything for CIC and we are really worried. Last week I sent e-mail to CIC and requested Ottawa about the update. They replied that our file is in a queue for a review by an officer. Please advise me and share your experience what you think. Thanks in advance

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hold on Brother .. :eek:
What the hell this Dr is talking and did :'( :'(
When I did MR for my kido 1.5 year back (That time he was 1.5 Year) Dr did nothing , infact he asked us only what will be his height/weight , that's all MR done
Now after 1.5 year I did MR for PR purpose ,(with other Dr.) and for my kid he did nothing . Infact my kid was excited that we are going to meet Dr. and he wanted Dr. to put his stethoscope on his chest ;D ;D and Dr entertained him .
Brother, Don't know why the hell he did all this exercise with your kid , feeling really bad for you
Also You don't need to send other dr opinion about your kid to CIC, this will unnecessary create confusion (That's my view)

Did you ordered you GCMS after MR?
Please do it , to know insight of your application
Good Luck

cyril123 said:
Hi,

I am Feb, 2014 applicant. I submitted application for me, my wife and 2 years old son under the CEC. I need your help and advice. We got medical request in 11th September and medical exam was done on 24th September. The problem is that we live in Halifax and there is only one CIC authorized doctor here for the whole Nova Scotia, he is very disrespectful and arrogant. This doctor want our 2year old baby to perform some activities, so we captured those videos and showed to him. But the doctor in his usual disrespectful refused to accept some of those videos and start arguing that baby did not put the 6 blocks, rather he think that baby put the 5 blocks etc etc. So, because we were quite worried so we took the independent opinion for two other health professionals and they gave us their opinion (after seeing those videos and compared against the CIC requirements). We went again to the that cic authorized doctor and showed those letters to him but he again refused to accept those. In the end he wrote some negative points about our baby in the medical report and send to Ottawa. To let Ottawa know, I had sent those two letters (from two other doctors) to CIC by post along with an explanation letter. Since than we did not heard anything for CIC and we are really worried. Last week I sent e-mail to CIC and requested Ottawa about the update. They replied that our file is in a queue for a review by an officer. Please advise me and share your experience what you think. Thanks in advance

cyril123

Dec 2, 2014
CEC_1304 said:
Hold on Brother .. :eek:
What the hell this Dr is talking and did :'( :'(
When I did MR for my kido 1.5 year back (That time he was 1.5 Year) Dr did nothing , infact he asked us only what will be his height/weight , that's all MR done
Now after 1.5 year I did MR for PR purpose ,(with other Dr.) and for my kid he did nothing . Infact my kid was excited that we are going to meet Dr. and he wanted Dr. to put his stethoscope on his chest ;D ;D and Dr entertained him .
Brother, Don't know why the hell he did all this exercise with your kid , feeling really bad for you
Also You don't need to send other dr opinion about your kid to CIC, this will unnecessary create confusion (That's my view)

Did you ordered you GCMS after MR?
Please do it , to know insight of your application
Good Luck
Thanks for your reply. Doctor asked our baby to build 6 blocks. speak two or more word phrases. We captured the videos and showed to him. But he never cooperated and start arguing and wrote in the report that baby is abnormal. I asked CIC by e-mail because my work permit was going to expire and they told me that my file is in queue for review.

Nitin.Oberoi

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Request
15-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
cyril123 said:
Thanks for your reply. Doctor asked our baby to build 6 blocks. speak two or more word phrases. We captured the videos and showed to him. But he never cooperated and start arguing and wrote in the report that baby is abnormal. I asked CIC by e-mail because my work permit was going to expire and they told me that my file is in queue for review.
I can understand as I also did my medicals with that Dr K**** he is not at all professional.