+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
Helloooo all u super helpful people! ;D My question is re Visitor extension visa, not PR but hopefully someone wiser could advice me haha :D

So I applied for common law PR couple months back and now extending my visitor visa, i'm having difficulties answering some of the questions on the forms.. I really want to stay here until I get my PR so I don't want to make any mistakes on my application lol.

There's a question about "The original purpose for coming into canada?" and "Purpose of visit", should I just say "Visiting common-law partner or should i say something else?

What about all the documents needed? I was going to attach an employment letter, payslip etc and a letter from my boyfriend that states he's willing to pay for my expenses for the next 6 months etc.. Anything else you can think of?

Sorry about these stupid questions I just don't wanna mess things up. :eek: :eek:

Thanks guys!!! :)

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Laura & Jeremy hi

Listen to worry is pretty much useless right now. Think positive. So far by special demand all February applicants we are going to get COPR. No negotiations here. I lay'd down the law..... :) :) :) :)
Tomorrow you guys gonna get the good news!

Dear Messenger,

Trust me , everyone in this forum really owe you a big treat for the positive vibes you create among the forum members.
You deserve it dude..

efcharistó polý

Members.. agree???

Sincere thanks,
Mickey

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
mickeyindia said:
Dear Messenger,

Trust me , everyone in this forum really owe you a big treat for the positive vibes you create among the forum members.
You deserve it dude..

efcharistó polý

Members.. agree???

Sincere thanks,
Mickey
Παρακαλώ :) :) :) :) I will have an orange cruller, a Bavarian cream donut and a regular coffee!

My mom and dad God rest their souls never had any formal education due to the hardship of the war years, but they taught me to be kind to people, give help without asking anything back, and always if I cant say something good at least not to say something bad.

Filoxenia ( ΦΙΛΟΞΕΝΙΑ) is a composite of two Greek words FILOS= Friend and XENIA= the generosity and courtesy shown to those who are far from home .Thous Zeus the king of Gods was called also Xenios Zeus
So you guys are having my filoxenia as you have given me yours all these past months.

And as we are talking about Filoxenia please take a look at video to warm up your heart and see the beauty of Greece. If the video is not playing try again later!
http://www.e-go.gr/tech/article.asp?catid=17291&subid=2&pubid=129358287

dina87

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013 DECISION MADE: 11-04-2013 VISA RECEIVED: 16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-10-2013
mickeyindia said:
Dear Messenger,

You deserve it dude..

efcharistó polý

Members.. agree???

Sincere thanks,
Mickey
I agree :)

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
julyashar said:
Same situation here my file got transferred on February 20th to NDVO... all other forum with same time line already have PPR. Waiting Waiting hope next week there is surprise for us..
Have you traveled outside the country at all? Someone said that it might be because my husband has never left India and they only ask for passports of those who have international travel. No idea if this is true, just trying to find some reason that EVERYONE seems to have had a PPR from NDVO, except us (and you too it seems).

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
mickeyindia said:
Dear Messenger,

You deserve it dude..

efcharistó polý

Members.. agree???

Sincere thanks,
Mickey
I second this!!

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldumitriu said:
Ecas says decision made... strangely this worries me coz it's soo fast ???

also in dina's case they had changed her address to the canadian one when they made their decision, but for us it still shows the paris address.

Does anyone know if this is a bad sign, do they always change the address in ecas if the decision is positive??
I'm freaking out a bit :eek:
Hi Idumitriu, I'm interested in all the applicants going thru Paris VO as that's where my spouse's application is. So, I'm wondering if you've heard anything more?

Does it say Decision Made when you Check the Application Status by entering the Primary Applicant's name (not the Sponsor's name) ??

I hope all is going well and you are receiving a good response very soon. I'm waiting nervously too. :)

ldumitriu

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
5-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2013
Thank you tom!!! you're too nice :D

And mickey is right, the forum would definitely not be the same without your positive energy :) :)
And by the way how are Aspa and the baby?? Is she back to normal yet??

Hi Judy

ecas says decision made when we log on with the Applicant's name and UCI number. we haven't heard anything from them yet.
We haven't checked the sponsor one at all since we got SA back in march.

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. They seem to be very efficient :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi guys and gals

Thank you for your kind words. Everyone here is so nice I feel like I known you for most of my life. It takes one to know one!

Aspa is doing ok now. Her vomiting has minimized to a couple a day and she is regaining her appetite. She is 15 weeks today and she had done her first Down syndrome screening test and we will get the results soon.

Laura & Jeremy start preparing your stuff.

Skas thanks for accepting the friendship. Kiss your little angels!

Lets get the roll going for AOR's PPR's and COPR..... Com'on boys and girls

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Heloooooo

This is a wake up call for our thread. just checking if everyone is alive and kicking!
I found our thread in the 2nd page of the main forum...
UNACCEPTABLE !!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Heloooooo

This is a wake up call for our thread. just checking if everyone is alive and kicking!
I found our thread in the 2nd page of the main forum...
UNACCEPTABLE !!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
You are right Boss! We are snoozing lately. ;)
I hope somebody gets some action soon to get us back in the game.

Thanks for staying on top of everything messenger. I hope you're having a great day.

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Ok dear friends! I'm gonna ask something just to keep the balls in the air!
This week I learned that my VO has ONLY TWO PEOPLE analyzing all the family PR's. That drove me crazy! Only two! Good lord... :eek:
So... they say they process the files by the order they receive it. But I've seen cases where the app was sent after some people but they received their COPR first. I know every case has its peculiarities and those may extend your processing time. Having that in mind, with only two people at the VO analyzing the cases, if they indeed process by the receiving order there wouldn't be cases of people receiving COPR before others, right? Otherwise, processing times would take FOREEEEVER (more than the actual processing time!).
Anyway...just food for thought... any comments are highly appreciated!

Wishing "good news" for everybody! :-*

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canard said:
Ok dear friends! I'm gonna ask something just to keep the balls in the air!
This week I learned that my VO has ONLY TWO PEOPLE analyzing all the family PR's. That drove me crazy! Only two! Good lord... :eek:
So... they say they process the files by the order they receive it. But I've seen cases where the app was sent after some people but they received their COPR first. I know every case has its peculiarities and those may extend your processing time. Having that in mind, with only two people at the VO analyzing the cases, if they indeed process by the receiving order there wouldn't be cases of people receiving COPR before others, right? Otherwise, processing times would take FOREEEEVER (more than the actual processing time!).
Anyway...just food for thought... any comments are highly appreciated!

Wishing "good news" for everybody! :-*
I noticed one applicant for the Sao Paulo VO on the November spreadsheet, they received an AOR from the VO and exactly two months later they received a PPR. Not many Sao Paulo cases in the sheets I viewed.

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
ohh yeah.. I'm familiar with her case... actually Sao Paulo doesn't send AOR, they got in touch with her to request some extra docs and that's when she knew they were processing.
What is bothering me actually is the whole "process in receiving order x two people to analyze" thing... Hypothetically, if 6 people applied before me, 3 processes go to each agent, right? (Of course, supposing they divide equally).
If they take an "optimistic average" of 5 months to process each, my app would take 15 months to start to be analyzed!!!!!!

Ahh and by the way, one of the two agents is new and it's been trained... ???

Do u guys think I'm going nuts or what?! LOL

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canard said:
ohh yeah.. I'm familiar with her case... actually Sao Paulo doesn't send AOR, they got in touch with her to request some extra docs and that's when she knew they were processing.
What is bothering me actually is the whole "process in receiving order x two people to analyze" thing... Hypothetically, if 6 people applied before me, 3 processes go to each agent, right? (Of course, supposing they divide equally).
If they take an "optimistic average" of 5 months to process each, my app would take 15 months to start to be analyzed!!!!!!

Ahh and by the way, one of the two agents is new and it's been trained... ???

Do u guys think I'm going nuts or what?! LOL
Nuts? No Anxious? Yes I see the average processing time for Sao Paulo is listed as 12 months.
From my working experience, government and non-government, (nothing related to immigration) I think it is highly likely
the officers are processing a number of files at the same time.
They have to read the application and documentation and all those things, then they may send for some check or corroboration of police and intelligence checks and put that file to the side, meanwhile the take some steps for the next file while they wait for some results on the first one. .

I'm sure they are managing more than one case file at the same time.
Good luck with your process. Try to stay calm and be patient. :)