+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question i would like some opinions on....

I have not yet received my COPR (though have been told it will be here within 3 weeks) so i am just trying to plan ahead. My spouse and I currently live in Ontario and are planning to simply drive to the Sarnia/Port Huron border crossing to "land".

I am more than happy to just go to the border, flagpole, get everything sorted and come back home..However my other half has decided he wants to make an outing of it and spend the day shopping in USA.

My question is this,

Will crossing the border into the USA for the day create any unnecessary problems? I currently only have a tourist visa, which states on it "this permit does not authorize re-entry". But since i will have my COPR and all the appropriate paperwork we should be ok right? Im just really confused by it all.

I have tried calling the immigration hot-line but have been on hold for ridiculous amounts of time :(

Any help is appreciated, like i said i dont even have COPR yet im just trying to take my mind of the waiting by planning, haha.

thanks in advance,

Erryn :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
OZinON said:
Hey Guys,

I have not yet received my COPR (though have been told it will be here within 3 weeks) so i am just trying to plan ahead. My spouse and I currently live in Ontario and are planning to simply drive to the Sarnia/Port Huron border crossing to "land".

I am more than happy to just go to the border, flagpole, get everything sorted and come back home..However my other half has decided he wants to make an outing of it and spend the day shopping in USA.

My question is this,

Will crossing the border into the USA for the day create any unnecessary problems? I currently only have a tourist visa, which states on it "this permit does not authorize re-entry". But since i will have my COPR and all the appropriate paperwork we should be ok right? Im just really confused by it all.

I have tried calling the immigration hot-line but have been on hold for ridiculous amounts of time :(

Any help is appreciated, like i said i dont even have COPR yet im just trying to take my mind of the waiting by planning, haha.

thanks in advance,

Dear OZinON

Very happy for you and your better half!
Although I never done this I am almost certain that you will have no problems what so ever with Canadian Border Services. (Are you ok for the USA?)
The reason?
Once you go to Flagpole it means you are out of the country and you return with your new visa back to Canada!
So to Canada either you went to the States or Flagpole is the same and one thing!
Please wait for other opinions as I don't want to give you info that might give you problems!
It's just common sense!

My best regards...and don't forget us here!

Tom

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
Thank you Tom,

I had a feeling it would be fine, but with all this spare time i tend to over-think everything and i create a problem that was never there to begin with haha..

And i could never forget you all on the forum, we are all in this together and you guys have helped me so much!

P.S congratulations to you and your wife on the news you are expecting a little girl! Thats very exciting news :)

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Congratulations messenger!!!! I wish you and your family all the best to to you and your family.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Brooksee said:
Congratulations messenger!!!! I wish you and your family all the best to to you and your family.

OZinON said:
Thank you Tom,

I had a feeling it would be fine, but with all this spare time i tend to over-think everything and i create a problem that was never there to begin with haha..

And i could never forget you all on the forum, we are all in this together and you guys have helped me so much!

P.S congratulations to you and your wife on the news you are expecting a little girl! Thats very exciting news :)

Thank you very much for your wishes! And Ozinon you are like me :) I tend to over think and create problems from nowhere that do not exist!

Cheers to all!

Tom

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Starting to worry a little, no one from the Delhi 2013 page has heard anything from NDVO in weeks! It seems like work has completely halted there. No Aor's, no COPR's, no interview requests, nothing.
I can't even imagine the backlog.
Trying to stay positive!

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
Hello everyone! :pGREAT NEWSSSSS....Do I really need to tell you? My husband received the request from Rome for his passport today! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So excited! We never would have been able to do it without this forum :)
It IS possible to get things done in a short period of time....4.5 months in total! ;D
Good luck to you all!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
juliac said:
Hello everyone! :pGREAT NEWSSSSS....Do I really need to tell you? My husband received the request from Rome for his passport today! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So excited! We never would have been able to do it without this forum :)
It IS possible to get things done in a short period of time....4.5 months in total! ;D
Good luck to you all!
AWESOME!!!!! Congrats :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
juliac said:
Good luck to you all!

YAY for you dear juliac

Yes it is possible. The two Feb members who were with Paris VO have already got their COPR's in less than 4 months
Congratulations
All the best

osdamour

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013 SA 03-05-2013 CSQ received 21-06-2013
File Transfer...
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Passport Req..
04-03-2014 Passport sent: 12-03-2014 Received @ VO : 18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014 Passport in hand : 07-04-2014
LANDED..........
06-05-2014
OZinON said:
Hey Guys,

My question is this,

thanks in advance,

Please OZinON, Why do you want to create unnecessary problem as you said... Before doing anything please call back the CiC call center even though they put you on hold for 2 days ( seriously lool) because if you go without knowing that you will have some kind of problem, you will feel so bad that we will be of no help. get th confirmation I wish you already great success in Canada and congrat for you CORP.

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013 ----- in process 12-06-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
so this morning i woke up to this email, i think im basically done and once the passport is back my spouse can get his plane ticket and come ? :s if someone would provide me with clarification because i am to excited to comphenrend this Cheesy Smiley

Request for Submission of Passports
Date: 16 July 2013
File: XXXXXXXXXXXX (XXX)
Dear XXXXXXXX,

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.
Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.
Documents to submit:
1. Original valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport (this does not apply for citizens of Azerbaijan), and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport
· Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable
· Any passport changes after the visas are issued will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.
2. Two (2) recent photographs for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo specifications are available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf
· The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture
3. Please complete the information requested on the Passport Submission Form below.

anisha patel

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 APR 2013
AOR Received.
23 APR 2013
File Transfer...
23 APR 2013
Med's Done....
31 JAN 2013
Passport Req..
23 May 2013 but sent on 22 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
skas13 said:
Starting to worry a little, no one from the Delhi 2013 page has heard anything from NDVO in weeks! It seems like work has completely halted there. No Aor's, no COPR's, no interview requests, nothing.
I can't even imagine the backlog.
Trying to stay positive!
Hey skas, 2 people from New delhi 2012 thread got call from NDVO today stating visa is isuued

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Brunette said:
so this morning i woke up to this email, i think im basically done and once the passport is back my spouse can get his plane ticket and come ? :s if someone would provide me with clarification because i am to excited to comphenrend this Cheesy Smiley

Request for Submission of Passports
Date: 16 July 2013
File: XXXXXXXXXXXX (XXX)
Dear XXXXXXXX,

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.
Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.
Documents to submit:
1. Original valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport (this does not apply for citizens of Azerbaijan), and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport
· Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable
· Any passport changes after the visas are issued will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.
2. Two (2) recent photographs for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo specifications are available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf
· The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture
3. Please complete the information requested on the Passport Submission Form below.
Brunette merhaba
Congratulations my dear. This are not great news for you but also for the rest of us here in the slow moving February thread.
Although our VO is Vienna and so far we haven't even got anything from them, the PPR you received means the end of this road for you and your husband and also hope for us.
As I know Ancara is striking still and Vienna doesn't so maybe any day we should start hearing from this very lazy VO :) :) :) :)

Make sure you communicate with them to clarify that you will send a prepaid envelope (I guess you have to communicate with a courier service)

May I be the first to wish you all the best and that you can carry on with a happy life in Canada!

PS. May I ask also. Have you guys received any communication from your VO since your SA? Also was your E-cas updated from your VO at all?

Tom

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013 ----- in process 12-06-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
my spouse is actually going to go in him self to ankara with the enclosed mail and all the stuff they need so i wont have to wait any longer for it :)

i never emailed my VO therefore i have never gotten any emails from them directly either, my ecas still states in process june 12, 2013 but i woke up to this mail from my lawyer who recieved it in my spouse's name. So in your case your wife should be recieving it in greece :) we had a representative appointed which was my lawyer so he was recieving everything at hand and letting us now what we were to do next :)

i am wishing EVERYONE a speedy visa, although people are stating that my visa came out very quick i still feel there was much delays that could have made it better :)

cheers !! and im here to answer anything you would like !

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
anisha patel said:
Hey skas, 2 people from New delhi 2012 thread got call from NDVO today stating visa is isuued
So I read...great news indeed. Hope they issue a lot more than 2 in the coming week.