+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

petruzz

Oct 8, 2012
thanks for the quick reply - we honestly didn't know. we called the miss. office prior to paying originally and they told us just the app fees.

Anywho, I paid online.

Does anyone know what stage we're at now? Is this a good sign?

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
petruzz said:
thanks for the quick reply - we honestly didn't know. we called the miss. office prior to paying originally and they told us just the app fees.

Anywho, I paid online.

Does anyone know what stage we're at now? Is this a good sign?
Hi there

No you paid the correct fees in the beginning!
You must pay the fee of 490 now. This is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee we all must pay either in the beginning or at the end of the process.
Once you send your receipt of the RPRF to Mississauga (I hope you did it by email) they will notify London as soon as they confirm your payment.
I did the same. I had sent only the 75+475 with my initial applications in February and just a couple of weeks ago I sent them the 490. Of course they did not request it of me yet but I sent it in order to save time because this might delay your COPR.

One good thing about it is that as long as they asked for the payment now, chances are that soon after they receive confirmation from Mississauga they will send you the COPR.

Good luck and God speed

messenger

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
marcjd said:
you have to pay for that 490 ... or they wont give you PR .. hahahha you didnt pay all the required payment ..i paid 1040$ total to sponsor my wife ... its on my receipt
Hello

In this forum people are joining in to get help on serious issues they might face during their application process and there after. To each individual here even the dumbest and unimportant question is a most serious one and upon having a prompt and as accurate reply it will mean the world to him/her.
Please don't get me wrong I am not chastising you. Since the beginning of this thread we are all here for each other and are trying to be polite and courteous and above all friendly like a big family :) :)

Regards
Tom

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
messenger said:
Hi there

No you paid the correct fees in the beginning!
You must pay the fee of 490 now. This is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee we all must pay either in the beginning or at the end of the process.
Once you send your receipt of the RPRF to Mississauga (I hope you did it by email) they will notify London as soon as they confirm your payment.
I did the same. I had sent only the 75+475 with my initial applications in February and just a couple of weeks ago I sent them the 490. Of course they did not request it of me yet but I sent it in order to save time because this might delay your COPR.

One good thing about it is that as long as they asked for the payment now, chances are that soon after they receive confirmation from Mississauga they will send you the COPR.

Good luck and God speed

messenger
Unfortunately the later payment of RPRF usually adds about 2 months to the processing time (between PPR and issue of COPR). It's technically not a mistake to pay it later, but the price of waiting is delay. Anyone considering whether to pay it all at the beginning or pay the application fee first and then the RPRF should be made aware of the substantial delay that paying later can cause. CIC even makes note of this in the instructions. If money is tight, you do what you have to do, but I would always recommend paying it all up front.

petruzz

Oct 8, 2012
Thank you all for your feedback!!

I paid online, and mailed my receipt to Mississauga yesterday. I tracked the shipment and see that they received it today :)

Here's hoping for a quick end! ;D

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
IvanP said:
Unfortunately the later payment of RPRF usually adds about 2 months to the processing time (between PPR and issue of COPR). It's technically not a mistake to pay it later, but the price of waiting is delay. Anyone considering whether to pay it all at the beginning or pay the application fee first and then the RPRF should be made aware of the substantial delay that paying later can cause. CIC even makes note of this in the instructions. If money is tight, you do what you have to do, but I would always recommend paying it all up front.
Hi Ivan

I agree with you up to a point. Many people that did not pay RPRF in the beginning had a reason why they didn't. SHORT OF FUNDS
It's not like we had the money and we didn't pay it so we can intentionally delay our process.
But I also believe that when you pay it, when they actually request it, even then they do not delay you to punish you but only because the payment has to be cleared first with Mississauga and then they will notify the VO.
In my case my process in the VO has not even started so by paying it now months before their request it will save this delay. My payment was done two weeks ago and it's already in Mississauga!

Regards
messenger

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
messenger said:
Hi Ivan

I agree with you up to a point. Many people that did not pay RPRF in the beginning had a reason why they didn't. SHORT OF FUNDS

Regards
messenger
Hi Messenger,

I did note that paying up front isn't always possible - see highlighted text below - and I hope my post didn't inadvertently suggest that lack of funds was somehow an inappropriate situation to be in. That wasn't at all my intent.

IvanP said:
The fees are quite high - too high, if you ask me - for family sponsorship, particularly because so many people seeking visas for their spouses are young and only at the beginning of their working lives, and when you add the cost of medical exams and even things like photos and courier costs, it's a daunting expense (to sponsor my family, so far the costs have been $2900 (including everything - photos, courier expenses, medicals and CSQs), and that's without the $2k or so we'll have to spend on our upcoming move). It's definitely a luxury to be able to pay it all up front, but I do stand by the advice that if you have the choice to pay all at the beginning, or wait until later, you're much better off paying it all up front, and paying it later is likely to lead to delays. Your approach of paying the fee as soon as you can, before the visa office sends you PPR and requests the RPRF, is a good way to balance the lack of funds at the beginning of the process with the desire to avoid unnecessary delays, and it's what I would recommend to anyone who doesn't have the cash at the beginning of the process.

IvanP

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
IvanP said:
Hi Messenger,

I did note that paying up front isn't always possible - see highlighted text below - and I hope my post didn't inadvertently suggest that lack of funds was somehow an inappropriate situation to be in. That wasn't at all my intent.

The fees are quite high - too high, if you ask me - for family sponsorship, particularly because so many people seeking visas for their spouses are young and only at the beginning of their working lives, and when you add the cost of medical exams and even things like photos and courier costs, it's a daunting expense (to sponsor my family, so far the costs have been $2900 (including everything - photos, courier expenses, medicals and CSQs), and that's without the $2k or so we'll have to spend on our upcoming move). It's definitely a luxury to be able to pay it all up front, but I do stand by the advice that if you have the choice to pay all at the beginning, or wait until later, you're much better off paying it all up front, and paying it later is likely to lead to delays. Your approach of paying the fee as soon as you can, before the visa office sends you PPR and requests the RPRF, is a good way to balance the lack of funds at the beginning of the process with the desire to avoid unnecessary delays, and it's what I would recommend to anyone who doesn't have the cash at the beginning of the process.

IvanP
Hey Ivan friend. Please don't worry you never offended anyone :) :)

Family sponsorship I believe is the cheapest class in CIC. My total cost so far everything included was more than 2500 euros
Considering that I was earning 2400 per month and due to our austerity crisis here in Greece I took a pay cut of 60% over a year ago just imagine how difficult it is not only for me but even for people who come from third world countries where they earn a lot less.
Talking about other classes like Work PR's and the rest they can be really expensive. But I guess we must pay those fees with no complaints as we all realize that the government must also pay those people who are reviewing and approve our files.
My only complaint would be, why I do not get proper service with replies and information about my status as long as I payed for these services?

Have a good day

Tom

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
messenger said:
My only complaint would be, why I do not get proper service with replies and information about my status as long as I payed for these services?

Have a good day

Tom
And THAT, my friend, is the biggest question of all!

Brunette

May 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013 ----- in process 12-06-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-12
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
UPDATE !!!!
My file is now IN PROCESS June 12,2013
UPDATE ME ON THE SPREADSHEET !!! I am jumping in joy !!!

That is all have a great day and weekend
I am praying For us all .

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Brunette said:
UPDATE !!!!

That is great! Congrats! :)

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Brunette said:
UPDATE !!!!

Great news, Brunette!

Can someone also update on the spreadsheet that my visa office has been changed to Cairo office.

Thanks

Kuudir2

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Ugh I have no clue why we didn't pick Outland you guys are so lucky!!!!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Line.a said:
Ugh I have no clue why we didn't pick Outland you guys are so lucky!!!!
Nothing is lucky about this whole situation.... Waiting for our loved ones is making us all go insane, and paranoid! lol

It is such a long, slow process that is not in our control... :(

Kuudir2

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I meant yours should be way quicker I'm feeling rather stuck, but you're right I can't wait to get past this and continue life as it was lol.