Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
LOL I have noooooo idea where it is. Congrats on coming to Canada anyways.......good luck with the travel for your hubby!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
It is a town in Mali, West Africa but really means the middle of nowhere or far far far away. =)

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
hahahahahah that comment made my day. Thank you for the well wishes.. I hope to see all of your husbands and wives as far away from Timbuktu and as close as possible to Canada lol

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Dr Eng X said:
Why CIC is trying to meet their posted processing times for many cases? If they do that their processing times are always increasing!
I'll take Ankara (not my VO) as an example; they increased their processing times dramatically and now they are trying to meet these targets. If they are doing the opposite it would make sense!
Now CPP-Ottawa is processing files from appealed cases, Cairo, Islamabad, closed US visa offices and helping in first stage. It is not fair for those who waited longer than usual for first stage to still wait for their set targets on second stage!! We see people applied way after us and processed by the same VO and have their cases finalized.
1st stage processing times is 35days
It jumped to more than 95days before
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Yes, Ankara is really interesting. We have people who got their visas in less than 3 months in the VO, but some files aren't even touched for a long time (look at our spreadsheet).

Not sure how they sort the applications w/o looking at them first. But I've learnt that in this immigration process, looking for things that make sense would probably damage my thinking head! I wish a fast processing for everyone, and that includes us, too. Sadly, we seem to be in the group whose file has not been touched yet. Oh patience, patience!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Yes, Ankara is really interesting. We have people who got their visas in less than 3 months in the VO, but some files aren't even touched for a long time (look at our spreadsheet).

Not sure how they sort the applications w/o looking at them first. But I've learnt that in this immigration process, looking for things that make sense would probably damage my thinking head! I wish a fast processing for everyone, and that includes us, too. Sadly, we seem to be in the group whose file has not been touched yet. Oh patience, patience!
I understand and try not to logic CIC actions as I said before but I can't take it any more...I am seriously considering leaving Canada altogether :(

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Dr Eng X said:
I understand and try not to logic CIC actions as I said before but I can't take it any more...I am seriously considering leaving Canada altogether :(
I really hope things start to move for you soon. You guys have been waiting 3 months more than us, and we already feel quite fidgety. Maybe you can try a TRV? I know the possibility is not high to get one, but I've seen a few people here who got it with ample amount of documentation.
Hang in there! This is gonna be over soon. :)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
Do you mean personal history like on form IMM5669? I recall they needed everything from age 18, and if age 18 was less than ten years ago then they needed a full ten years of personal history. In my case, I was 17 years old ten years ago so I had to give my personal history from the age of 17 rather than from age 18. Hope this helps to clarify things.

I say do the photos as specified on Appendix B. It can't hurt to give them more than what they might be looking for in your situation.

I am not sure how remedical requests are issued but it sounds most likely that it will be a remedical situation rather than a medical extension, given the timeframe.

I am not sure of the address you should send things to. Dare I say... yet another case-specific enquiry may be in order??? :-\

Our friend (or my ex) was requested clear dates (2005 - present). She was 18 in 2005. Since my wife is 28, last 10 years coincide exactly with age 18 so we'll be giving 2002 - present. That is fine with us.

We won't give Appendix B because they didn't ask for it in the request.

Our current problem is we do not know what to put in the Passport request. It asks the following:

"Please complete the following information for YOU AND ALL YOUR DEPENDANTS, whether accompanying or not. We do not need the passports nor passport numbers of non-accompanying family members. Please write legibly."

First, there's an obvious contradiction between "accompanying or not" and "non-accompanying".
Anyway, this aside, there's a field for the "Applicant", clearly herself.

But there is a field for "Spouse/Common law partner" and "Child X".
We think to leave all those field blanks.
What do you think?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Furthermore, the document she needs to fill up forces her file # to start with B.

"File No.: B.............."
Unfortunately, our File No. starts with F. WTF to do?????

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
ThunderSoul said:
Our current problem is we do not know what to put in the Passport request. It asks the following:

"Please complete the following information for YOU AND ALL YOUR DEPENDANTS, whether accompanying or not. We do not need the passports nor passport numbers of non-accompanying family members. Please write legibly."

First, there's an obvious contradiction between "accompanying or not" and "non-accompanying".
Anyway, this aside, there's a field for the "Applicant", clearly herself.

But there is a field for "Spouse/Common law partner" and "Child X".
We think to leave all those field blanks.
What do you think?
Yeah that makes no sense to me at all. Maybe they need the passport/passport numbers of accompanying and non-accompanying dependants but NOT the passport/passport numbers of other non-accompanying family members (siblings, parents?). I don't know why anybody would be sending those things for irrelevant family members but maybe some people have made that mistake in the past. Otherwise I have no idea what that even means.

Since you're her spouse, I say leave it blank - I guess that part is intended for those applying through other routes and whose spouses are accompanying as immigrants rather than acting as sponsor. And same for the child, I would simply leave that blank too, assuming she has none. I guess it's just a standard form they give to everybody and surely they can see what they're expecting when they consult her file after receiving everything so hopefully they shouldn't cause trouble over the blanks.

For the file number, I would cross out the B and write an F in its place.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
Yeah that makes no sense to me at all. Maybe they need the passport/passport numbers of accompanying and non-accompanying dependants but NOT the passport/passport numbers of other non-accompanying family members (siblings, parents?). I don't know why anybody would be sending those things for irrelevant family members but maybe some people have made that mistake in the past. Otherwise I have no idea what that even means.

Since you're her spouse, I say leave it blank - I guess that part is intended for those applying through other routes and whose spouses are accompanying as immigrants rather than acting as sponsor. And same for the child, I would simply leave that blank too, assuming she has none. I guess it's just a standard form they give to everybody and surely they can see what they're expecting when they consult her file after receiving everything so hopefully they shouldn't cause trouble over the blanks.

For the file number, I would cross out the B and write an F in its place.

We got screwed so bad I'm feeling they are mistaking our application for another.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I figure they just have a standard letter with standard paragraphs that they send to everybody, regardless of the circumstances. Just so they don't have to type up a very specific instruction for every single passport request.

Maybe someone else can weigh in with details of what their passport requests said/included?

I wouldn't panic, you're still giving them what they need to be able to progress the application in any case.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
I figure they just have a standard letter with standard paragraphs that they send to everybody, regardless of the circumstances. Just so they don't have to type up a very specific instruction for every single passport request.

Maybe someone else can weigh in with details of what their passport requests said/included?

I wouldn't panic, you're still giving them what they need to be able to progress the application in any case.
Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

We still have the issue of where to send the mail. It doesn't say in the document where to send it. They vomited 3 different addresses in our faces and that's the end of it.

A friend of my wife sent it to the P.O. Box.
My MP said to send it to another address.

We are having conflicting reports on where it is best to be sent. We still don't know where. :(

Does anyone know??

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Does anyone know how long it takes to extend a medical since the date the VO requested an extension?

We received an e-mail from MVO that they requested her medical to be extended. How long does that take? (for a grant or a fail)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Regarding "File No.: B......." I spoke to CIC support and they had no idea what to do, they confused us even more. They claimed to leave that section blank as if it is for office use only (form does not say office use only) and write a little note and provide the F number....

What do you guys think?