+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Applicants - Join here!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GuerricH said:
Success! My girlfriend just got an email from Vienna this weekend! They told us they've sent us a letter with her Confirmation of Permanent Residency (there was never a PPR, I guess because she is from a visa-exempt country; interview was also apparently waived). Good thing too; her medicals, and thus her COPR, are only valid until November 20th (although if we miss the deadline, we only have to redo medicals; they didn't mention any extensions). SOOO excited and relieved! :D

We're currently in Canada already - in Gatineau, to be more precise. Does anybody know where we need to go do get her "landed"? I'm not sure what to look for...

Best wishes to all of you who haven't yet heard anything! Hang in there!
Congratulatons.. :) Very happy for you!

If you're in Canada, you will go to the nearest US border and return to Canada for landing.

GuerricH

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
Congratulatons.. Very happy for you!

If you're in Canada, you will go to the nearest US border and return to Canada for landing.
Thanks!

I thought there were offices you could visit, but I guess we could make a trip out to the States.

Is it also possible to go to the airport and get it done at the immigration office there? Or would that requiring literally landing there in an airplane?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
There are offices you can visit. But that is all I know. Might want to start a new thread on the main page.

GuerricH

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
Well, it turns out my parents wanted to drive down to New York anyway and go shopping there, so we'll hitch a ride. Problem solved! :D

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
But not just yet, they need to at least hang in there until my application gets approved. ;)

My application has been put away at the moment as well. I wish they'd hurry up and review my medical stuff and get moving things along again.

I don't know. It's been 1 week and we haven't heard anything from CIC.

Two (2) things could have happened:

1) It's easy to push the fucking SEND button, so if they sent it, we again did NOT receive it.
2) They completely lost the application and they just agreed to "resend" the PPR, well, to stall more and in a few months we'll find out the application is gone.

What a bunch of incapable retarded inbreeds.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Thing is, we asked them to send it to my e-mail too. So if even that didn't go through.............

And we sent case-specific inquiries before and given our e-mail, and we did receive the automated response... so we DO get their e-mails.

Why didn't we get the PPR? This is very shady... I think something else is going on with our application that they're not telling us...

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Not that this will help you at all in a practical way re getting them to pull their fingers out of their asses, but it should confirm clearly what has been sent (or not sent) and when. And it should allow you to confirm the details on the file and whether they have made some sort of stupid error with the email address on file. The emails responding to your CSEs will of course make it to you/your partner without any problems because the correct email address is provided to CIC as part of the CSE itself and they won't be consulting your file for the email address in that case, but perhaps the email they have recorded on your file that they would use to communicate with you generally might be wrong, even if they insist it is correct.

I suspect you haven't had anything since enquiring about it because they simply haven't bothered, I would say the best thing you can do is (politely) hassle the [ahem] out of them until they get things done, as it is completely unacceptable.

Sorry if you've mentioned anything concerning GCMS notes already, I might have missed it.

I also managed to get some info on what occurs when a deadline is missed, as promised. Someone on another forum mentioned getting a letter saying that the requested information had not been received, and the letter stated they have a further 30 days to submit the documents. If the documents were still not received after 30 days, CIC would continue to process without them, which might mean the application would not be approved and you'd then have to either appeal the decision or restart another application. Not sure how that would work in a situation where the only thing outstanding is the passport into which they will affix the visa... so not sure if this helps you at all. But that's what I was able to find out.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
my husband had interview on October 18 in Viena Austria, and they told him that he passed the interview and they will let us know , but nobody contact us, and told us what is the next step , can somebiody know how long they usually reply back .

do you think to email the Vienna Office to asked what is going own on my application , or o wait more

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Not that this will help you at all in a practical way re getting them to pull their fingers out of their asses, but it should confirm clearly what has been sent (or not sent) and when. And it should allow you to confirm the details on the file and whether they have made some sort of stupid error with the email address on file. The emails responding to your CSEs will of course make it to you/your partner without any problems because the correct email address is provided to CIC as part of the CSE itself and they won't be consulting your file for the email address in that case, but perhaps the email they have recorded on your file that they would use to communicate with you generally might be wrong, even if they insist it is correct.

I suspect you haven't had anything since enquiring about it because they simply haven't bothered, I would say the best thing you can do is (politely) hassle the [ahem] out of them until they get things done, as it is completely unacceptable.

Sorry if you've mentioned anything concerning GCMS notes already, I might have missed it.

I also managed to get some info on what occurs when a deadline is missed, as promised. Someone on another forum mentioned getting a letter saying that the requested information had not been received, and the letter stated they have a further 30 days to submit the documents. If the documents were still not received after 30 days, CIC would continue to process without them, which might mean the application would not be approved and you'd then have to either appeal the decision or restart another application. Not sure how that would work in a situation where the only thing outstanding is the passport into which they will affix the visa... so not sure if this helps you at all. But that's what I was able to find out.

Wow I am very impressed. If it is me you were talking to. If not, sorry for the blunder. ROFL.

1) OK, what is GCMS? No idea what that is. What do I do?
2) How do I "politely" hassle them?
3) That is exactly what I think happened with the e-mail address. I think they mistyped it. We received no e-mail (duh) saying that the deadline passed and we had another 30 days.
4) The MPA (I cannot fucking believe she said that) said that they do not make mistakes. I refrained real hard from pointing out that they sent the entire application the wrong country. I do not trust her. I do not believe anything she says. She said "They agreed to re-send the request for additional information.". I do not know what to think of this. It's been over 1 week and still we haven't heard anything from Manila VO. Like I mentioned earlier, either:
a) they sent something and we received nothing
b) they didn't send anything cuz the MPA is feeding us bullshit and our application is stored away or something else is happening to it.

Either way, it's fucking shady.

So, what is GCMS and how do I hassle them?

Thanks a lot!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
ThunderSoul said:
Wow I am very impressed. If it is me you were talking to. If not, sorry for the blunder. ROFL.

3) That is exactly what I think happened with the e-mail address. I think they mistyped it. We received no e-mail (duh) saying that the deadline passed and we had another 30 days.
4) The MPA (I cannot *censored word*ing believe she said that) said that they do not make mistakes. I refrained real hard from pointing out that they sent the entire application the wrong country. I do not trust her. I do not believe anything she says. She said "They agreed to re-send the request for additional information.". I do not know what to think of this. It's been over 1 week and still we haven't heard anything from Manila VO. Like I mentioned earlier, either:
a) they sent something and we received nothing
b) they didn't send anything cuz the MPA is feeding us bull*censored word* and our application is stored away or something else is happening to it.

Either way, it's *censored word*ing shady.

So, what is GCMS and how do I hassle them?

Thanks a lot!

GCMS is CIC's Global Case Management System. It's basically the CIC's electronic system to track and process the immigration and citizenship cases.
If you are not a representative on your wife's file, she will need to authorize you (Release of Information to an Individual, IMM5475) and then you will need to fill Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563), pay the $5 fee, and email the whole thing to the email address mentioned in IMM5563's first page.

You can ask your wife to fill out the form, sign it and scan it and email it to you. Fortunately, no need to have the actual hard copies. Really easy to do. It will take up to 30 days to receive the pdf print out of the notes back from CIC.

Take a look at here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/pia/global-phase2.asp
and here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

Hope this helps.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
ThunderSoul said:
BCgirl has hopefully explained all you need to know about GCMS but do post again or even drop me a message if anything's unclear, would be happy to help out. It's very simple and will let you see what they have on file for you without having to go through the MP. And once you get the notes, seek out the thread that is active at the moment about GCMS notes (I think Dr Eng X was the thread starter) which should help you to interpret some of the information on the notes.

To put it this way, I would otherwise be totally in the dark about my application, except that I know they are making medical requests of me periodically. However, by ordering my notes I can see that my application is completely approved with the exception of the medical stuff - in other words, it has been a massive relief for the cost of $5. I know all I have to do is satisfy the medical requirements.

ThunderSoul said:
By not wishing death on their children. :p Well, at least not 'to their faces'. :D

But no, seriously, I would suggest a weekly CSE stating the facts as you know them, and I think you should repeat in each message how long you have spent thus far trying to resolve this email issue, and also state how many previous messages have gone unanswered (if any), and also restate the correct email addresses they can use to contact you. etc etc. Persistence is key. Failing that, I honestly have no idea. I have sent in CSEs that have been left unanswered, it's so [ahem]ing frustrating.

Plus, if your GCMS notes bring to light anything useful, e.g. a wrong email address on file, you have something you can work with and can inform them of and maybe you'll be getting somewhere.

Good luck, I am rather annoyed on your behalf, what a mess.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
GCMS is CIC's Global Case Management System. It's basically the CIC's electronic system to track and process the immigration and citizenship cases.
If you are not a representative on your wife's file, she will need to authorize you (Release of Information to an Individual, IMM5475) and then you will need to fill Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563), pay the $5 fee, and email the whole thing to the email address mentioned in IMM5563's first page.

You can ask your wife to fill out the form, sign it and scan it and email it to you. Fortunately, no need to have the actual hard copies. Really easy to do. It will take up to 30 days to receive the pdf print out of the notes back from CIC.

Take a look at here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/pia/global-phase2.asp
and here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

Hope this helps.
Isn't this going to SLOW DOWN the current process of her application if we send additional forms?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
BCgirl has hopefully explained all you need to know about GCMS but do post again or even drop me a message if anything's unclear, would be happy to help out. It's very simple and will let you see what they have on file for you without having to go through the MP. And once you get the notes, seek out the thread that is active at the moment about GCMS notes (I think Dr Eng X was the thread starter) which should help you to interpret some of the information on the notes.

To put it this way, I would otherwise be totally in the dark about my application, except that I know they are making medical requests of me periodically. However, by ordering my notes I can see that my application is completely approved with the exception of the medical stuff - in other words, it has been a massive relief for the cost of $5. I know all I have to do is satisfy the medical requirements.

By not wishing death on their children. :p Well, at least not 'to their faces'. :D

But no, seriously, I would suggest a weekly CSE stating the facts as you know them, and I think you should repeat in each message how long you have spent thus far trying to resolve this email issue, and also state how many previous messages have gone unanswered (if any), and also restate the correct email addresses they can use to contact you. etc etc. Persistence is key. Failing that, I honestly have no idea. I have sent in CSEs that have been left unanswered, it's so [ahem]ing frustrating.

Plus, if your GCMS notes bring to light anything useful, e.g. a wrong email address on file, you have something you can work with and can inform them of and maybe you'll be getting somewhere.

Good luck, I am rather annoyed on your behalf, what a mess.
What's a CSE? Can you stop using acronyms??

So if I apply with GCMS, wouldn't that conflict with the current MP?
Would the current MP be notified?
Would that slow down our application?

Thanks!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
And what e-mail do you use to talk to them?
She used case specific enquiry and general enquiry and they never get back to her even though it's her own application.

What e-mail did ~you~ use to send to them in order to get a reply from them???