+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Applicants - Join here!

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
I think they take quick glance at it all. I been with my wife 3 years. U really think I would print and send 3 years worth of chat logs. I sent the first time we talked and all the best photos from our visits and our receipts from our travels

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
KJG said:
Yes....I was told to submit as much proof as possible so 2 years worth of emails, texting, over 300 photos plus our professional wedding photos....plane tickets, hand written letters, etc. phone bills, yep....the box was heavy. No way they can say we don't have a real relationship!!!
Wow! Sounds like you have provided all the proof that they can EVER ask for. :) No worries... I am sure you will hear back very soon. Good luck.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
KJG said:
Very strange how some get emails acknowledging receipt of the application while others don't. I have heard nothing and all I can rely on is my Canada Post confirmation of delivery receipt! All I can think of is that no one wanted my box!!! It was close to 10kg being two years worth of proof of our relationship!!!
don't worry we sent in a box too, we already had it in our own box from home and didn't want to change the order and put it in the dhl box; so at the end it was a box in a box and i was approved in their timeframe; i also think that it's good u sent as much as u had and took the time to prepare it and explain it :) if they don't want to see it they can just recycle it or send it back to u from the beginning; the thing is if ur spouse is from countries like UK, US, Australia, West Europe etc then it would have been too much but if u sponsor someone from countries/regions with lots pfroblems - economical, security, etc and from where they statistically know the rate of marriage fraud is higher, then i say that u got the right advice and u took the right decision; good luck!! :)

but no, for 1st stage it doesn't matter from where ur spouse is, it's really up to how fast / slow is an agent and how many things they check up on u - if they decide to do extra checks (like criminal record, bankrupcy, previous sponsorships, residency requirements for pr, etc, all the requirements); but for 2nd stage it will matter, hence such a huge timeframe gap from region to region; good luck for all, u r almost there!!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
jordan2110 said:
False alarm I'm only at 102 days not 104. Immigration Canada has 8 days until I lose it. The worst is they sent me a email telling me they received my application. They are teasing me "yah we have your application, but we ain't doing shirt with it"
ROFL you received a reply, that means your application is fine and has no missing documents. What are you complaining about? You got in before most people and you got no troubles.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
cgagnon said:
I can inform all of you that I only had a few months worth of proof and 35 pictures. Plus joint accounts and what not my file was no bigger than about 40-50 pages and I got approval it's not the quantity but the quality of proof that matters.. 1 every month or few months is very sufficiant it shows constant communication they look at the date and name i doubt they read anything. Hang in there everyone will get approved
We have stuff for 11 years worth of relationship, so all we could include to not make a big mess was just a few things here and there. We heard they don't like boxes so we limited the amount we sent.

We know a couple that knew each other for 4 months, did a quick marriage just like that, then they applied right away, and they already got accepted. Mind you, we applied before them. This is way beyond fair. It only took them 4 months, and now I'm at EXACTLY 4 months (they submitted 1 month ahead of us, and we subbed Feb 5, received Feb 8).

This is brutally unfair. F*ck you CIC.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
That's right. AOR is a lucky thing to get. It means they're working. You'll get approval within a week.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
We have stuff for 11 years worth of relationship, so all we could include to not make a big mess was just a few things here and there. We heard they don't like boxes so we limited the amount we sent.

We know a couple that knew each other for 4 months, did a quick marriage just like that, then they applied right away, and they already got accepted. Mind you, we applied before them. This is way beyond fair. It only took them 4 months, and now I'm at EXACTLY 4 months (they submitted 1 month ahead of us, and we subbed Feb 5, received Feb 8).

This is brutally unfair. F*ck you CIC.
Have you decided what to do when you get approval TS? We went out for ice cream and my toddler was thrilled. You'll need to celebrate!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
So, let me get this straight. CIC-M is overwhelmed, so it's taking them forever to finish February applications. A lot of March applications were transfered to CIC-O because they are not as busy...this is the reason why March applicants are getting approval before February. Totally unfair! Why not transfer February applications to CIC-O? Why March?

The big question I have is whether they are going to transfer April applications to CIC-O??? If so, it's good because they will process faster...but how or when we will find out is anyone's guess!

I hope CIC-M gets with the program and processes the rest of February ASAP! They shouldn't be made to wait sooooo long! 90 days? Yeah, right! It's more like 4+ months!! And this is only stage 1 which is a no-brainer!

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
It definitely isn't fair. It is probably because the February applications were already dispersed to different officers so you really can't round them all up you know? especially if they were already started on or assigned to an officer in a computer. But it does bite! And I haven't seen any February approvals for awhile! As for April, at this rate I would think they would go to Ottawa too.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmini said:
don't worry we sent in a box too, we already had it in our own box from home and didn't want to change the order and put it in the dhl box; so at the end it was a box in a box and i was approved in their timeframe; i also think that it's good u sent as much as u had and took the time to prepare it and explain it :) if they don't want to see it they can just recycle it or send it back to u from the beginning; the thing is if ur spouse is from countries like UK, US, Australia, West Europe etc then it would have been too much but if u sponsor someone from countries/regions with lots pfroblems - economical, security, etc and from where they statistically know the rate of marriage fraud is higher, then i say that u got the right advice and u took the right decision; good luck!! :)

but no, for 1st stage it doesn't matter from where ur spouse is, it's really up to how fast / slow is an agent and how many things they check up on u - if they decide to do extra checks (like criminal record, bankrupcy, previous sponsorships, residency requirements for pr, etc, all the requirements); but for 2nd stage it will matter, hence such a huge timeframe gap from region to region; good luck for all, u r almost there!!
Exactly right my husband is from Cuba and I was advised to prove that we had a two year relationship before we got married and the more evidence the better because it is flagged for marriage fraud and I had a friend who denied because the proof they submitted was not enough to prove "real" love so I just submitted all I had! I figured better safe than sorry in this respect.....because if you think this is bad an appeal is worse!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Have you decided what to do when you get approval TS? We went out for ice cream and my toddler was thrilled. You'll need to celebrate!
Heh... I've thought about it, I think a major sense of relief, celebration through a movie, a flex day off work, indulge in ice cream, ETC...
I wonder what my wife will do... I know she'll be very excited... :D
Maybe buy the family dinner... with lots of dessert and ice cream... and then play with hoola hoops. :p Jokes about that last one... :p

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Heh... I've thought about it, I think a major sense of relief, celebration through a movie, a flex day off work, indulge in ice cream, ETC...
I wonder what my wife will do... I know she'll be very excited... :D
Maybe buy the family dinner... with lots of dessert and ice cream... and then play with hoola hoops. :p Jokes about that last one... :p
It is nice to "see" you a little more upbeat! =) I think you should celebrate for an ENTIRE day after your long wait!

GuerricH

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
98 days for us... The waiting is killing me. I just wish they'd confirm they received the application. I keep worrying they've lost it or they returned it and it never arrived, or arrived while we were away and the post office didn't leave a note (has happened once before). If they had returned it, would they have records of the return? Would they even know they returned it? Or would they just say "We have no record of your application" and leave us hanging?

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Oh guys, I really feel for you. We just submitted our application last week- it's barely 10 days and I'm so impatient. I can't imagine how you feel after these months, and after not hearing a thing from CIC. Not even an acknowledgement, even after the promised 90 days (which is already too long). I really hope that you receive the approvals soon.

This hard period is gonna be over for all of us. Hang in there!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
So, let me get this straight. CIC-M is overwhelmed, so it's taking them forever to finish February applications. A lot of March applications were transfered to CIC-O because they are not as busy...this is the reason why March applicants are getting approval before February. Totally unfair! Why not transfer February applications to CIC-O? Why March?

The big question I have is whether they are going to transfer April applications to CIC-O??? If so, it's good because they will process faster...but how or when we will find out is anyone's guess!

I hope CIC-M gets with the program and processes the rest of February ASAP! They shouldn't be made to wait sooooo long! 90 days? Yeah, right! It's more like 4+ months!! And this is only stage 1 which is a no-brainer!

FS
Of course it's totally unfair. CIC is very well known about their double standarts.

They returned all Skilled Workers Applications without looking at them. They cancelled all of them, the reason of this is they are too busy :) It didn't affect only the applicants, it affected many immigration lawyers and consultants. Now they are paying the applicant's fees back to them. They made a big hole on the country's budget.

I wrote this before. Technology is everywhere, but you have to find qualified people to use it. Checking someone's record takes less than a minute. The total average of checking our application files should be less than an hour for the first stage. If you eat Tim Horton's doughnut and drink 5 coffees a day in the office, and chat with your friends during the work hours of course you will say you are too busy and can't finish the applications on time.

CIC needs serious inspection. There are too many unqualified people there.