Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
thanks canadian girl... !!! yes...its being a vry long wait...and vl pray ol our frnds gt it soon...!!! can anybody please add me in the feb spreadsheet !!!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I was APPROVED! Whoooo hoooo!!! The approval for my February 21 application was last Wednesday and I know earlier February applicants haven't heard anything yet but some officers are getting close to March!

She said AOR is by email and approval is usually by mail. Not really true but anyway I can't wait to get my letter! Maybe today.
OMG Congratulations I am so happy for you!! 1 of us has approval!!! So excited we have been through this pretty much together this whole time!!! Ah i am so releaved for you! Yes closer to March that is awesome keep us posted on the rest!

P.S love the new ticker :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
loveleen.loveleen said:
hi all...

i got an approval on 17th of may and my file was recieved by cpc mississauga on 22nd feb...and congrats canadian girl !!!
Congratulations!!!!

loveleen.loveleen

Feb 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
thnk you cgagnon !!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
cgagnon said:
OMG Congratulations I am so happy for you!! 1 of us has approval!!! So excited we have been through this pretty much together this whole time!!! Ah i am so releaved for you! Yes closer to March that is awesome keep us posted on the rest!

P.S love the new ticker :)
Thank you! According to the Mexico thread I won't see/hear anything for at LEAST 1.5 months. =( But at least I know we are on the last step.

Jafffna

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Watreloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2012
AOR Received.
04 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 June 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Well, she did sign saying there are no kids. So they are indeed way too "rigid" or strict about a word NONE... :\
Guys ...is that a big mistake or depends on the evaluating person.... My spouse did sign we don't have kids, but we did not mention "NONE". Do we need to send that form again?

Thanks

gleyva

May 22, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, found you on Google while trying to search for any info about currently application processing times for Cuban immigrating to Canada in the family class (spousal). I sent my husband's application in on February 1, 2012 (they received it on the 2nd) and I got the letter saying that I was approved as a sponsor on May 7. I know the CIC website says 10 months is the time frame, but I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there going through the same thing (from Cuba to Canada) that has any idea if it could be more or less time? Our application is extremely straightforward (we are the same age, same language, same education, etc). I'm wondering, though, does that even make a difference? Does the officer processing the cases just go through one by one and work on one at a time? Or do the ones that are complicated take longer and the easy ones just get put right through? ANY HELP would be so very greatly appreciated! I have a friend who came to Canada from Cuba 5 years ago and the total process only took 5 months for him. I don't know anyone else who has gone through it recently, so I'm hoping to find someone.

THANK YOU!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Jafffna said:
Guys ...is that a big mistake or depends on the evaluating person.... My spouse did sign we don't have kids, but we did not mention "NONE". Do we need to send that form again?

Thanks
I am sure it depends on the agent. Don't send anything in until they ask for it, otherwise they'll just send it back as they won't know where your application is. Do you have a UCI number?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
gleyva said:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, found you on Google while trying to search for any info about currently application processing times for Cuban immigrating to Canada in the family class (spousal). I sent my husband's application in on February 1, 2012 (they received it on the 2nd) and I got the letter saying that I was approved as a sponsor on May 7. I know the CIC website says 10 months is the time frame, but I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there going through the same thing (from Cuba to Canada) that has any idea if it could be more or less time? Our application is extremely straightforward (we are the same age, same language, same education, etc). I'm wondering, though, does that even make a difference? Does the officer processing the cases just go through one by one and work on one at a time? Or do the ones that are complicated take longer and the easy ones just get put right through? ANY HELP would be so very greatly appreciated! I have a friend who came to Canada from Cuba 5 years ago and the total process only took 5 months for him. I don't know anyone else who has gone through it recently, so I'm hoping to find someone.

THANK YOU!
Hi! If you check out this thread, you will see more detailed processing times. The estimated time is WAAAY longer than the real time so be happy about that. Mexico says 12 months but it is actually 6 for most. And more detailed info says that 20% are finished within 5 months.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html

Havana: 20% of cases completed within 5 months, 30% in 6 mo., 50% in 7 mo., 70% in 9 mo., 80% in 10 mo.

Jafffna

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Watreloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2012
AOR Received.
04 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 June 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I am sure it depends on the agent. Don't send anything in until they ask for it, otherwise they'll just send it back as they won't know where your application is. Do you have a UCI number?
I applied for the citizenship.. so i can track my files that UCI..but the sponsor files are not showing up yet..

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I realize that. But the problem is she could have signed by accident just because there was a spot for a signature. So they need confirmation that there are no children. Because if you missed something and signed by accident and you had children - they would NEVER be allowed to be sponsored. So that is a big deal and the officers are actually doing a good thing to make sure there are no children.
You raise a good point. However, what if she'd enter NONE but not sign it? This will add quite a bit of processing time, and since her med expires September, she needs to be approved in less than 3 months to be able to make it here without having to take another med exam. I don't want to have another risky mailing procedure going on. Plus, on a minor and almost insignificant note, it's expensive.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Jafffna said:
I applied for the citizenship.. so i can track my files that UCI..but the sponsor files are not showing up yet..
Oh if your application was received in March it will be a few weeks until you'll see anything.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
danap said:
Hello,
I am sponsoring my husband from outside Canada.

Medical done 7 November 2011.
Application received on 16 December 2011.
Sponsor approved and file send to VO on 8 February 2012.
VO is Bucharest, Romania (official processing time 6 months) Nothing for same time.
Then Status Changed on 11 may 2012 to "medical received".
Since Then nothing....

I was wondering what will be next:'
- in process
- they will send the letter asking for the passport
- DM
And after you see in your file " medical received" until next step how long is the waiting?

Thank you for your help.
Short waiting time to all of us.
You should find the December thread. They will know more what happens because we are earlier in the process.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
You raise a good point. However, what if she'd enter NONE but not sign it? This will add quite a bit of processing time, and since her med expires September, she needs to be approved in less than 3 months to be able to make it here without having to take another med exam. I don't want to have another risky mailing procedure going on. Plus, on a minor and almost insignificant note, it's expensive.
If she had put NONE and not signed, she would definitely have had to redo it.

I know it sucks and is expensive but the agents are just following protocol. They cannot waive things through so we don't have to re-do medicals or wait longer. And the instructions do say to put N/A in every blank spot.

hkbasi

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2012
AOR Received.