+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Applicants - Join here!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
mameelynn said:
HAPPY DAY!!!!!! Guess who finally got some mail in a brown envelop?!! Yep that's right!!! ;D We did!!! After all this time with no word and not being able to get onto ecase we got our sponsor approval letter today!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!! I came on here to let you all know as soon as I got in with the mail!!! Now to call my husband and tell him the GREAT NEWS!!!! There were loads of high-fives with all three kids!!! ;D
Excellent work and congrats!!!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
InnaC said:
Hi KJG.. thank you for writing back and letting me know of the details. I really appreciate it!

:( it saddens me to hear that CIC will not resend the letter. Let's hope we get it by next week because the following step requires us to enclose a copy of the letter so that we can apply to the MICC for the Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). Without the letter, all application will be invalid and returned to us.

*sniff sniff., crosses fingers*
They will resend it if you ask them to after 3 weeks have passed and you didn't get it yet...

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
mameelynn said:
Ok so this might be the lamest thing but can anyone give me a step-by-step as to how you get into ecas? I still can't log in and I have tried with our UCI,receipt, and our file number.... Do I put any spaces in the name area? Do I put my middle name? do I add the backslash? When would I use my husband's(the applicant) name and birthday over mine(the sponsor)? I feel a bit dumb for not being able to get this dang thing to work but I'm mostly just going to blame CIC for have a stupid-a$$ design!!

1) Go here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

2) Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.

Follow link for screenshot: http://www.iimmgg.com/image/df298474928c9cd16e147b9c9f69ffbd

3) Check the "I have read, understood and agree with the above Terms and Conditions."

4) Click "Continue".

Follow link for screenshot: http://www.iimmgg.com/image/eeddfffeb3ab893ed212846cbec31e56

5) Choose the identification type.
You should have one (1) option when an AoR is received:
- An AoR comes with a UCI for the SPONSOR.
- An AoR comes with an Application Number.
- You can only use your sponsor's UCI to view information, trying to use the Application Number at this point will not work.
a) Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier
You should have three (3) options when a PPR is received (1 is from the above):
- A PPR comes with a UCI for the APPLICANT.
- A PPR comes with an Application Number that should match the AoR Application Number. If not, there is a big problem and you must contact the so very helpful CIC.
c) Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier
d) Immigration File Number / Application Number

AoR / PPR e-mail UCI/App# example:

UCI: 12345678
Application: F000012345
*F000012345*

6) If in 5) you have chosen:
a) Enter the UCI from AoR (ex.: 12345678)
b) Enter the UCI from PPR (ex.: 23456789)
c) Enter the Application Number (ex.: F000012345)

7) If in 5) you have chosen:
a) Enter family name of the sponsor (in my opinion, both sponsor and applicant should have the same family name).
b) or c) Enter family name of the applicant (in my opinion, both sponsor and applicant should have the same family name).

8) If in 5) you have chosen:
a) Enter the birth date of the sponsor.
b) or c) Enter the birth date of the applicant.

9) If in 5) you have chosen:
a) Enter the birth country of the sponsor.
b) or c) Enter the birth country of the applicant.

10) Click "Continue" to view your ECAS.

Follow link for screenshot: http://www.iimmgg.com/image/c4ffff0977e731a78e820c2a53fa27f0

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I see Decision Made under PR now and I think our visa was mailed on Friday. I lost the tracking number Grr.
WOOHOO!!! GOOD WORK!!!
That's my girl!
I mean that's canadian girl!! Good job! :D I really do have another... ahem!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
FedEx just delivered the visa. It was issued July 12, can the spreadsheet get updated please. I thought I would be jumping up and down but I feel pretty overwhelmed. Moving in 2 weeks 2 days.
Hey come on! You did it!
GOOD WORK!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
So...............................

For a flashback, I would like to recite to you the way the meeting with the MPA went.
I'll say the MPA (which stands for Member of Parliament Assistant) because I do not know her official title. She has an office with the MP and she's the one that takes care of the Immigration. I guess to offload some work off the MP.

Anyway, here it is. Most of you know how it went down, but that's why I'm calling this a flashback!

July 5, 2012, around 2:30pm.
Me: The file is being transferred from New Delhi to Manila. Do you know when then average 8-month countdown will begin?
MPA: The moment they receive it.
Me: Are you sure?
MPA: Yes, it is the way it has always been done.
Me: There is a document that says that the file gets locked the moment they receive it at the New Delhi office and that's when the actual processing time starts.
MPA: Nope, they don't do that at all. It's specific to the Visa Office.
Me: But that is a legal CIC document and...
MPA: NOPE! *violently shakes head and enters denial mode*. They don't do that at all.
Me: But...
MPA: NOPE! They just don't do that, they start the countdown the moment the Visa Office receives it.
Me: The document I'm talking about is an Immigration docum...
MPA: NOPE! There is so much you people don't understand and you won't get it right if you keep interrupting me!
Me: OK...............

July 17, 2012, around 5:30pm.
<phone ringing song>
Me: *starts dancing, it's a nice tune* (OK I'm lying, it's the generic tune the phone came with and it's rather boring)
Me: *answers the phone*
Me: Hi!
MPA: Sebastian? (Now you all know my name, good work all!)
Me: Yes! Speaking!
MPA: This is the MPA.
Me: Great! How can I help?
MPA: I confirm your wife's application has been received in Manila and the processing time has started when the application was received in New Delhi because that's when files get locked.
Me: *silence*
MPA: Hello?
Me: *silent treatment*
MPA: OK I'll check with them in 3 months time.
MPA: Hello? Can I have some attention? PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEE? (I'm sure she never realized I was right to begin with, thanks OCanadiana!)
MPA: OK! Bye!!!

*whistles*
In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry.

'NOUGH SAID~~~~!!!~~~~~~~~~~

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
WOOHOO!!! GOOD WORK!!!
That's my girl!
I mean that's canadian girl!! Good job! :D I really do have another... ahem!
LOL! Nice to see you again TS.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TS....you're back......it's been so quiet!!!!! A few happenings but I think most of us are waiting to hear from our VO's. Hope all is well with you. :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm glad it's sorted itself out with your application safe-and-sound in Manila now, ThunderSoul. Good luck. Hopefully the rest of the journey isn't 'exciting' ;)

ThunderSoul said:
So...............................

For a flashback, I would like to recite to you the way the meeting with the MPA went.
I'll say the MPA (which stands for Member of Parliament Assistant) because I do not know her official title. She has an office with the MP and she's the one that takes care of the Immigration. I guess to offload some work off the MP.

Anyway, here it is. Most of you know how it went down, but that's why I'm calling this a flashback!

July 5, 2012, around 2:30pm.
Me: The file is being transferred from New Delhi to Manila. Do you know when then average 8-month countdown will begin?
MPA: The moment they receive it.
Me: Are you sure?
MPA: Yes, it is the way it has always been done.
Me: There is a document that says that the file gets locked the moment they receive it at the New Delhi office and that's when the actual processing time starts.
MPA: Nope, they don't do that at all. It's specific to the Visa Office.
Me: But that is a legal CIC document and...
MPA: NOPE! *violently shakes head and enters denial mode*. They don't do that at all.
Me: But...
MPA: NOPE! They just don't do that, they start the countdown the moment the Visa Office receives it.
Me: The document I'm talking about is an Immigration docum...
MPA: NOPE! There is so much you people don't understand and you won't get it right if you keep interrupting me!
Me: OK...............

July 17, 2012, around 5:30pm.
<phone ringing song>
Me: *starts dancing, it's a nice tune* (OK I'm lying, it's the generic tune the phone came with and it's rather boring)
Me: *answers the phone*
Me: Hi!
MPA: Sebastian? (Now you all know my name, good work all!)
Me: Yes! Speaking!
MPA: This is the MPA.
Me: Great! How can I help?
MPA: I confirm your wife's application has been received in Manila and the processing time has started when the application was received in New Delhi because that's when files get locked.
MPA: Hello?
Me: *silent treatment*
MPA: OK I'll check with them in 3 months time.
MPA: Hello? Can I have some attention? PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEE? (I'm sure she never realized I was right to begin with, thanks OCanadiana!)
MPA: OK! Bye!!!

*whistles*
In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry.

'NOUGH SAID~~~~!!!~~~~~~~~~~

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
KJG said:
TS....you're back......it's been so quiet!!!!! A few happenings but I think most of us are waiting to hear from our VO's. Hope all is well with you. :)
So how are things rolling for you?

For me, since the file got locked June 12, then that means they've been "working" on it for 1m5d... even though they just received it in Manila yesterday. ROFL!

So best case scenario 2 more months to wait.
Worst case 6 months.

Now now now... what to do! They better come kissing my feet in apologies!

What to worry about:

Major:
1) She sends off her passport to get stamped but it never arrives because the mail service lost it.
2) They do receive her passport but when they send it back to her, she doesn't get it because the mail service lost it.

Minor:
1) She sends off her passport but they forget about it and they don't touch it.
2) Dunno, but there's definitely something else...

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
So how are things rolling for you?

For me, since the file got locked June 12, then that means they've been "working" on it for 1m5d... even though they just received it in Manila yesterday. ROFL!

So best case scenario 2 more months to wait.
Worst case 6 months.

Now now now... what to do! They better come kissing my feet in apologies!

What to worry about:

Major:
1) She sends off her passport to get stamped but it never arrives because the mail service lost it.
2) They do receive her passport but when they send it back to her, she doesn't get it because the mail service lost it.

Minor:
1) She sends off her passport but they forget about it and they don't touch it.
2) Dunno, but there's definitely something else...
How I have missed you...LOL.....well my file was sent to Havana 4 weeks ago tomorrow....has Havana received it....only Havana knows.....so best case scenerio some sort of acknowledgement in about 6 to 8 weeks...worst case scenerio....I am in the 10 month category......!!!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Hey I finally got ECAS to work for us!!! I guess the issue was when it said Sirname/Family name I thought that it wanted my last name/firstname and it only just occurred to me to try just using our last name and low and behold it worked!!! I now kinda feel like a dork but at the same time as with anything with CIC I thought they wanted more info as opposed to less.... silly me!!!

jacqoney

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14, 2012
AOR Received.
March 27, 2012
Passport Req..
March 27, 2012 (DM- july 18,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Thank u jesus...july 14,2012
LANDED..........
August 1, 2012
Thank u mother of perpertual help ...! Decision made n ang status ko...

Ilang araw kaya bago dumating ang visa ... ?

jacqoney

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14, 2012
AOR Received.
March 27, 2012
Passport Req..
March 27, 2012 (DM- july 18,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Thank u jesus...july 14,2012
LANDED..........
August 1, 2012
Naka appear sa ecas ko decision made na... Then clinick ko ang decison made eto po nakasulat---We started processing your application on July 14, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Visa na ba kasunod nito?
Sa mga na dm na ganito din ba nabasa nio about ur status ?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
mameelynn said:
Hey I finally got ECAS to work for us!!! I guess the issue was when it said Sirname/Family name I thought that it wanted my last name/firstname and it only just occurred to me to try just using our last name and low and behold it worked!!! I now kinda feel like a dork but at the same time as with anything with CIC I thought they wanted more info as opposed to less.... silly me!!!
yeah for you!!!!!! ;D