+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 6 2015: Scarborough test and oath experience

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news from Scarborough today. I had my test this morning (10:15 am) at the Scarborough office, along with what seemed like 60 other people. Test was easy (I scored 20/20), and we were given oath letters for Feb 26, 2015.

Some observations that might be helpful:
1. I read the Discover Canada book twice and did about 3 of those online practice tests. Read the book and practice some free tests and you'll be very fine.
2. Most of us this morning had yellow test invitation sheets going in. We were given pink sheets for the oath ceremony.
3. The interviews were very short and quick. I had 46 days outside Canada, and the officer basically cross-checked my absent days and stamps in my passport. I brought my older passport as well.
4. All immigration officers present were very kind and warm. Don't stress. The only question I was asked is what I do now - I am a recent law school graduate.

They did not look at all my other documents - I had my employment letters, boarding passes for some trips, T4, and I was not asked for those. Just have your 2 pieces of ID, passport covering the 4 yrs, and PR original document, and card.
5. Interestingly I noted that the lady said at the start of the test that today's group gets the "express". That means oaths will be handed out until the ceremony on Feb 26 fills up. That made me hurry in finishing my test haha. Everyone before me got an oath invite. I'm guessing those with afternoon tests today may not be as lucky.
6. Parking is $3 on site for 2 hours. My boyfriend came with me and was able to sit in the waiting room area. So if someone comes with you, they can sit around. The mall is also very close by.

Good luck to those still waiting. The journey is almost over.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
NigerianCanadian said:
Great news from Scarborough today. I had my test this morning (10:15 am) at the Scarborough office, along with what seemed like 60 other people. Test was easy (I scored 20/20), and we were given oath letters for Feb 26, 2015.

Some observations that might be helpful:
1. I read the Discover Canada book twice and did about 3 of those online practice tests. Read the book and practice some free tests and you'll be very fine.
2. Most of us this morning had yellow test invitation sheets going in. We were given pink sheets for the oath ceremony.
3. The interviews were very short and quick. I had 46 days outside Canada, and the officer basically cross-checked my absent days and stamps in my passport. I brought my older passport as well.
4. All immigration officers present were very kind and warm. Don't stress. The only question I was asked is what I do now - I am a recent law school graduate.

They did not look at all my other documents - I had my employment letters, boarding passes for some trips, T4, and I was not asked for those. Just have your 2 pieces of ID, passport covering the 4 yrs, and PR original document, and card.
5. Interestingly I noted that the lady said at the start of the test that today's group gets the "express". That means oaths will be handed out until the ceremony on Feb 26 fills up. That made me hurry in finishing my test haha. Everyone before me got an oath invite. I'm guessing those with afternoon tests today may not be as lucky.
6. Parking is $3 on site for 2 hours. My boyfriend came with me and was able to sit in the waiting room area. So if someone comes with you, they can sit around. The mall is also very close by.

Good luck to those still waiting. The journey is almost over.
did they check your old passports, like those expired or canceled before the 4yrs period?

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011