+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2019 ITA

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Experts, need your thoughts on post ITA query. I did 2 months of unpaid internship at completion of 1st year of my masters degree. While I have mentioned the address for these 2 months under address history, how do I put this in personal history ? Can I use the option of employment ? Thanks
IMHO, yes put it as employment and in the description you could write "Unpaid work as an intern to gain experience" or something similar. As long as you're not claiming any points for this internship under work history section you shouldn't have an issue.

khondokar_khaled

Jan 24, 2015
Hi guys:

I received the ITA. But i have a confusion regarding my education dates, work history and personal activity date.

I was a Masters student in Spain from Sept 2016 till Dec 2017. My classes ended on July and I started my Internship from Aug in USA. However, as Internship of 4 months minimum was a requirement for the Masters I have mentioned Dec 2017 as my end dates and the dates also reflect my certificates.

But my personal activity timeline and work history says I worked as an Intern from Aug 2017. What should I do? My internship was a year and paid.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Does location matter in work history and personal history? I have following situation and seek clarification from experts. Pre ITA, under work history I mentioned my experience of 4 yrs at same location, say abc. However during this period, I was deputed at client site (out of country), say xyz for short duration of 3 months. I have made an entry under address history and travel history for xyz. Should I split my work and personal history entries for this job into two ( with different locations - abc and xyz)?

rk1988

Feb 20, 2019
Does location matter in work history and personal history? I have following situation and seek clarification from experts. Pre ITA, under work history I mentioned my experience of 4 yrs at same location, say abc. However during this period, I was deputed at client site (out of country), say xyz for short duration of 3 months. I have made an entry under address history and travel history for xyz. Should I split my work and personal history entries for this job into two ( with different locations - abc and xyz)?
As far as I know, these things should match especially if you were working in a different country. Also, it might not matter that much in work history coz they basically consider all non-Canadian work ex as "Foreign work ex" however it very much matters in personal history.

Ansh_D

Feb 24, 2019
Hey Guys- Does anyone know if, one can switch jobs while on implied status for BOWP and awaiting PR in Canada?

Ansh_D

Feb 24, 2019
Just received MEP passed update.. They have asked me to submit IMM5475 within next 7 days. Should it be someone who is in Canada or I can share information of individual living in States.