Feb 16 Exam - Bangalore

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my exams on Feb 16 (R/W/L) and speaking exam on Feb 15 in Bangalore. Any one from Bangalore taking exam ? we can catch up or interested to do practice test on speaking ?

Both exams are scheduled in 3 star Hotel, i am not sure whether they will provide headphone for listening exam. I hope they do provide.

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
raviG said:
I have my exams on Feb 16 (R/W/L) and speaking exam on Feb 15 in Bangalore. Any one from Bangalore taking exam ? we can catch up or interested to do practice test on speaking ?

Both exams are scheduled in 3 star Hotel, i am not sure whether they will provide headphone for listening exam. I hope they do provide.
I have an exam on March 25 in Bengaluru ...
How is ur preparation going ??

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
raviG said:

They will definitely give a headphone ...
What did u book BC or IDP

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srikar138899 said:
They will definitely give a headphone ...
What did u book BC or IDP
Prepration is going on. I am not confident about writing, but rest is fine. I took exams from BC.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
They give headphones in india which is better than the loudspeaker. Those with hearing impairments get headphones in the uk. Pls do post your writing / speaking tasks after you finish.

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
They give headphones in india which is better than the loudspeaker. Those with hearing impairments get headphones in the uk. Pls do post your writing / speaking tasks after you finish.
Definitely. I will write down the experience for both days.

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished speaking part. Here are the questions from speaking part
Part -1
  • Do you feel your work is hard ?
  • Do you work or student
  • What's your job involves
  • Do you want to become teacher
  • Is there any thing which you disliked in your childhood

Part 2
Describe an occasion when you received a good service from a company or shop.
what and when you received the service
How you felt ?

Part 3
  • what's customer care job involves?
  • Do you think customer care value is important
  • how do you differentiate between large store customer care vs small store customer care

and some questions related to customer service, which i am not able to recall now.

Examiner was in hurry it seems, my exams concluded in 10-11 minutes. Am not sure whether it went well or she already made a mind to give score. Hope atleast she will give 6.5 or else i have to reapper.
please let us know how the exams went for others.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The examiner has a voice recorder in case of a complaint or remarking application. If you felt that it was unfair to you or they did not act properly, you can report malpractice to BC / IDP. This has to be done before your results. If you wait until you get your result, you can only apply for remarking and the cost of that will be almost the cost of applying for a new test, which you will get back if your score changes. You can't request remarking in 1 module only so it can decrease your score too. Since it is speaking, it is subjective and some people on the forum have seen a 0.5 increase after remarking. Unfortunately, remarking doesn't really affect the score of listening and reading.

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
The examiner has a voice recorder in case of a complaint or remarking application. If you felt that it was unfair to you or they did not act properly, you can report malpractice to BC / IDP. This has to be done before your results. If you wait until you get your result, you can only apply for remarking and the cost of that will be almost the cost of applying for a new test, which you will get back if your score changes. You can't request remarking in 1 module only so it can decrease your score too. Since it is speaking, it is subjective and some people on the forum have seen a 0.5 increase after remarking. Unfortunately, remarking doesn't really affect the score of listening and reading.
I will wait for the result. I am hoping at least she will give 6.5. AFAIK, i did well in Part1 and part 3, but part 2 she gave only 1 minute to talk, then she stopped me. So no idea how would be the score.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you are reporting procedural flaws, then you have to do it before the results are out. You don't have to pay for it. I know the ultimate aim is not to complain but to get a good score.

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
If you are reporting procedural flaws, then you have to do it before the results are out. You don't have to pay for it. I know the ultimate aim is not to complain but to get a good score.
Thanks for the advice. But, i was not sure whether there was procedural flaws, but i really felt time was less. Any way.. let's hope for the best :)

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here are the writing questions. It seems Essay question taken from 2009 october exam. http://www.ielts-blog.com/recent-ielts-exams/ielts-in-melbourne-australia-october-2009-general-training/

Task 1
Write a letter to your staff cafeteria manager about food is boring now a days. Expalain why do like staff cafeteria and why food is boring and also how to improve.

Task 2
As long as professional sportsmen and sportswomen are good players, their behavior on and off the playing field is not important. Do you disagree or agree?

Listening was good, but reading first 20 questions are easy, next 20 was time consuming. Hope at least i get (LRWS) - 7.5, 7, 6, 7

Nimisha1

Feb 20, 2017
Hey Ravi

I also took the exam on 16th Feb, Received the same Writing Topis, I took the exam from IDP if you are okay and remember we can discuss the few listening answers, I think i remember section 1

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nimisha1 said:
Hey Ravi

I also took the exam on 16th Feb, Received the same Writing Topis, I took the exam from IDP if you are okay and remember we can discuss the few listening answers, I think i remember section 1
Unfortunately, I don't remember any answers. If you can list them, then I may recollect few answers