+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FDR as part of POF

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
I am planning to use my 3 month FDR as part of my total fund. The FDR was opened 6 months ago and it has since matured twice and currently it has been renewed for the third time with the present maturity date on 23/10/2018. Now the original FDR certificate that I had received had a maturity date which has already passed and also the amount written in it is not accurate anymore as currently in the account the FDR has the original amount + the interest received in the last 6 months.

I hope I am making myself clear. Now it was my plan to show this FDR and I thought it was very straight forward as I would just show the FDR account statement along with the letter from the bank mentioning the FDR account and other saving accounts and declaring that all the funds are encashable at any time.

Now, I have recently seen someone receiving an ADR with the following query,

"Please provide all original certificates for term/fixed deposits.
Please note: term or fixed deposits must state the date of
deposit and date of maturity. Deposits cannot be passed
maturity date at time of application submission."

Now this has made me very confused. as my FDR are auto renewed for 3 months every time it is matured, the date of deposit, amount and maturity will no longer match the original certificate that I have. How can I go about replying to this kind of ADR?

Please any suggestion or sharing of experience of similar kind of ADR will be very appreciated.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am planning at use my 3 month FDR as part of my total fund. The FDR was opened 6 months ago and it has since matured twice and currently it has been renewed for the third time with the present maturity date on 23/10/2018. Now the original FDR certificate that I had received had a maturity date which has already passed and also the amount written in it is not accurate anymore as currently in the account the FDR has the original amount + the interest received in the last 6 months.

I hope I am making myself clear. Now it was my plan to show this FDR and I thought it was very straight forward as I would just show the FDR account statement along with the letter from the bank mentioning the FDR account and other saving account and declaring that all the funds are encashable at any time.

Now this has made me very confused. as my FDR are auto renewed for 3 months every time it is matured, the date of deposit, amount and maturity will no longer match the original certificate that I have. How can I go about replying to this kind of ADR?

Please any suggestion or sharing of experience of similar kind of ADR will be very appreciated.
i provided a FD receipt for each renewal. Ideally your bank should provide a receipt or a statement each time its renewed. ask the bank for a letter stating that the FD was renewed.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
I am planning to use my 3 month FDR as part of my total fund. The FDR was opened 6 months ago and it has since matured twice and currently it has been renewed for the third time with the present maturity date on 23/10/2018. Now the original FDR certificate that I had received had a maturity date which has already passed and also the amount written in it is not accurate anymore as currently in the account the FDR has the original amount + the interest received in the last 6 months.

I hope I am making myself clear. Now it was my plan to show this FDR and I thought it was very straight forward as I would just show the FDR account statement along with the letter from the bank mentioning the FDR account and other saving accounts and declaring that all the funds are encashable at any time.

I provided FD Receipt .. and bank statement . plus consolidated FD statements from bank account.
the PDF copy u can downloaded from bank account or might have mailed to ur email account ...
Plus + banks statement sheet , in that FD details will reflect ...to cross verify ( for IRCC)
I

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
i provided a FD receipt for each renewal. Ideally your bank should provide a receipt or a statement each time its renewed. ask the bank for a letter stating that the FD was renewed.
Can I just encash the FDR before submitting my application and show the fund in my saving account instead of going for the hassle to prove that it is encashable at any time. I understand thay in this case I will have to submit and LOE eith the FDR statement to show that the fund came from my own FDR. However, in that case is there a a chance that they will ask for the original FDR RECEIPT AGAIN? it they do then I will again come back to square one!