+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FD as POF

kranti2307

Oct 3, 2018
Hi All,

My AOR is 08/08/2018. As of now my document verification is in process. My doubt is like I have submitted FD as POF but today morning FD got matured and the amount has been credited to my account. So now what to do?
If the VISA officer will search my FD by its number then there will be no FD as it is already matured and if I create a new FD then there will be new number that i cannot communicate to them.
So please help me in this matter if somebody has faced the same problem.

TIA

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
relax, they wont search FD's. banks wont reveal customer information to anyone. if they ask for additional pof docs in the future show them your bank statement and tell them FD has matured.

kranti2307

Oct 3, 2018
If Bank doesn't provide information then how do they verify the funds?
only by the certificate that i have submitted?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
If Bank doesn't provide information then how do they verify the funds?
only by the certificate that i have submitted?
IRCC officers are trained to identify any forged documents. Normally IRCC don't call banks to verify applicant's account but if IRCC have any doubt then they can give a ring to the Bank's branch office. IRCC only can verify your existence as a customer in the bank and they will ask whether or not Bank has issued the Letter/Statement (which you have submitted) on the mentioned date. Bank will never reveal what is the current balance of your account or any other personal information. Bank only authenticates the document they have issued to you, nothing else. My wife is a banker and this is the way they response to any immigration office related query.

kranti2307

Oct 3, 2018
IRCC officers are trained to identify any forged documents. Normally IRCC don't call banks to verify applicant's account but if IRCC have any doubt then they can give a ring to the Bank's branch office. IRCC only can verify your existence as a customer in the bank and they will ask whether or not Bank has issued the Letter/Statement (which you have submitted) on the mentioned date. Bank will never reveal what is the current balance of your account or any other personal information. Bank only authenticates the document they have issued to you, nothing else. My wife is a banker and this is the way they response to any immigration office related query.
Thanks for this information.
Small doubt left: If the IRCC officers asked the bank officers to verify the FDR number mentioned in the balance certificate then what will bank answer and how will the IRCC people proceed?
TIA

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Small doubt left: If the IRCC officers asked the bank officers to verify the FDR number mentioned in the balance certificate then what will bank answer and how will the IRCC people proceed?
TIA
Test it out, call your bank branch and tell them you are calling from the Canadian high commission, new delhi and see what kind of info they provide. I mean how can they tell really? Most likely they will laugh and hang up.

kranti2307

Oct 3, 2018
Test it out, call your bank branch and tell them you are calling from the Canadian high commission, new delhi and see what kind of info they provide. I mean how can they tell really? Most likely they will laugh and hang up.
Any better idea sir?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
TIA
Not only the FDR number, there is a unique reference number for every letter, IRCC just quote that number and date and your name. Bank will confirm they have issued the letter and it is original, that is all. IRCC will take the decision based on your documents. Again, it is not very common that IRCC doubts financial letters because they know how bank letters and statements look like; I am sure they know your bank as well. Also they are specially trained to identify forged documents or tampered documents. So be relaxed, your POF will be accepted as long as you have shown sufficient money and met all IRCC requirements for POF.

Rob13

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hello. I have created a new bank account on Monday andand FD yesterday and deposited required fund. Note, the account is new and FD is also new. I will be submitting my application on 22nd Oct. Will there be a problem that the account is new?
The fund was transferred from my brother's account which was also created newly yesterday.

BabaAiden

Oct 4, 2018
Very helpful

vkonkwo

May 1, 2014
I have a bank account in Dubai Islamic Bank UAE. I have a fixed deposit with them,now requested for a fixed deposit certificate, however,they refused and issue me a FD investment e- advice and printed it on a plan sheet of paper with the bank stamp and no signature because UAE bank do no sign on such documents. Can I submit thos same document as my POF .pls I need your advice.