+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
They are currently processing September 29, 2017 Applications ...

My timeline:

Reached FBI on: September 27th 2017
CC Charged: January 9th 2018

Got information that the report will be mailed tomorrow!

Reactions: summerxx

ssharman

Feb 19, 2017
Thanks for the responses.

My follow-up to this is, has anyone tried confirming the validity of these expedited PCC for non-US citizens by contacting FBI or any other authority? If not, can someone share a way by which we can actually contact a relevant authority that could help us out with this dillema?

This way we can put to rest this issue. Also, if it does turn out this is valid, it would be a boon to those who have tight deadlines.
So I contacted FBI's customer service number and inquired about the expedited services for non US citizens. They stated that their is no expedited service available for non US citizens.

But if this is the case how come all these consultancies are still operating for more than a decade offering these services. There are only a few prominent names, like JK Consultancy, International Fingerprinting etc. And I have used them for only the fingerprints and they did not come off as being too shady. While I agree they do not have a good answer for how they get the expedited service while FBI does not mention anything of that sort.

Also, the confidence with which they state that the reports are accepted by CIC, it makes me want to question what sort of checks does CIC have in place to confirm the legitimacy of a report.

Something seems really off.

So I contacted FBI's customer service number and inquired about the expedited services for non US citizens. They stated that their is no expedited service available for non US citizens.

But if this is the case how come all these consultancies are still operating for more than a decade offering these services. There are only a few prominent names, like JK Consultancy, International Fingerprinting etc. And I have used them for only the fingerprints and they did not come off as being too shady. While I agree they do not have a good answer for how they get the expedited service while FBI does not mention anything of that sort.

Also, the confidence with which they state that the reports are accepted by CIC, it makes me want to question what sort of checks does CIC have in place to confirm the legitimacy of a report.

Something seems really off.
The claims of expedited thus are plain fraudulent - people bending/breaking rules. You're right, if such reports are acceptable, then CIC isn't very stringent in their checks... (yet they make us wait for the FBI PCCs for all us regular people who wait for 3+ months, oh well).

aiyosami

Jun 19, 2017
The claims of expedited thus are plain fraudulent - people bending/breaking rules. You're right, if such reports are acceptable, then CIC isn't very stringent in their checks... (yet they make us wait for the FBI PCCs for all us regular people who wait for 3+ months, oh well).
I agree that this wait for FBI check is horrendous. And this eDO (whatever that is) is "Coming soon" forever.
I got my first FBI check document in June, which is not valid after December. I have sent one again in December, with expected date in April!

In a way I'm glad that did not get an ITA this round, giving me some more time to get this document.

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
I followed up with FBI today and got this response on the status of my PCC

Thank you for your inquiry,
We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 12-14 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 9+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 08/08/2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

I am now worried about the underlined sentence. What do they mean they are unable to locate the request at this time? Is this a standard response or my application went missing?

Please help.

Hi

I followed up with FBI today and got this response on the status of my PCC

Thank you for your inquiry,
We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 12-14 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 9+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 08/08/2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

I am now worried about the underlined sentence. What do they mean they are unable to locate the request at this time? Is this a standard response or my application went missing?

Please help.

Hi There,

I am in the same boat as you "FBI unable to locate the package" we sent it via USPS, and we did got the receipt of delivery.

Could you please share your experience? how long do they took to locate your package?

I agree that this wait for FBI check is horrendous. And this eDO (whatever that is) is "Coming soon" forever.
I got my first FBI check document in June, which is not valid after December. I have sent one again in December, with expected date in April!

In a way I'm glad that did not get an ITA this round, giving me some more time to get this document.
I know! "Coming Soon" for eDO is now literally a joke.

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Silent spectator here. Updating status.
Application delivered on September 26, 2017
FBI PCC to be mailed back on January 10, 2018.
I live in the US. So, not sure anyone is interested in mailing timeframe.

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
So I got my ITA on 6th December and my submission deadline is 3rd March. I had sent my FBI application in advance and it reached Clarksburg on 21st October. I have now got all my remaining documents in order except for the FBI PCC. My question is should I wait another month to get the PCC from FBI and then complete my e-APR? Or do I submit it now with a LOE? Will submitting it now speed up my application in any way?

So I got my ITA on 6th December and my submission deadline is 3rd March. I had sent my FBI application in advance and it reached Clarksburg on 21st October. I have now got all my remaining documents in order except for the FBI PCC. My question is should I wait another month to get the PCC from FBI and then complete my e-APR? Or do I submit it now with a LOE? Will submitting it now speed up my application in any way?
Firstly, congratulations on getting invited.
Second, submitting now may not necessarily speed up your application as FBI is the long pole here.
The closer you wait till deadline, the less likely will a second extension be. (I waited 30 days and then submitted, timeline in signature - however, I may need a second extension if I don't receive FBI PCC by end of my current/first 60-day extension).

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Based on the current application being processed, yours should be processed by end of January.

SligoNative

Jan 10, 2018
I mailed mine from Canada on September 18th but incredibly stupidly I didn't send it secured/registered/express mail. Just regular mail. Can't for the life of me remember why I didn't pay the extra to send it secured mail.

Given that others have been able to confirm that they are currently processing applications received on September 26/27, I'm starting to really worry that my risky move of sending mine by regular mail has blown up in my face and it has been lost in the mail.

I guess my best option is to call them in the morning to check in. But wondering whether others have had theirs processed a little later than the date the FBI report etc

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Firstly, congratulations on getting invited.
Second, submitting now may not necessarily speed up your application as FBI is the long pole here.
The closer you wait till deadline, the less likely will a second extension be. (I waited 30 days and then submitted, timeline in signature - however, I may need a second extension if I don't receive FBI PCC by end of my current/first 60-day extension).
I don't think I would need an extension because I hope my PCC will be processed before March 6th. I got my fingerprints done from the sheriff's office on their scanning device so I am largely confident the prints will be accepted. I was just wondering if submitting all other documents now will help in any way.

Reactions: 8494193