+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
got my FBI PCC today. It looks like a useless piece of junk paper :), just says 'A search of the fingerprints provided by this individual has revealed no prior arrest data at the FBI. This does not preclude further criminal history at the state or local level'. Is this the standard format? What does this 'does not preclude..' shit means? does it imply that I need to get state pcc as well? thanks.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
got my FBI PCC today. It looks like a useless piece of junk paper :), just says 'A search of the fingerprints provided by this individual has revealed no prior arrest data at the FBI. This does not preclude further criminal history at the state or local level'. Is this the standard format? What does this 'does not preclude..' shit means? does it imply that I need to get state pcc as well? thanks.
Could I know your timeline for this please?

jbourne

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I think it is the same thing for the PCC which you get from Indian consulate

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
Hey guys, I posted my documents to the FBI from the US through USPS last Thursday and have still not been received by them. Anyone encountered that situation before? The tracking details shows ‘In Transit, Delayed.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
agree, if you be there inperson, the very same day you will get the document in your hand atleast true for NY consulate
It seems strange to say this but lately Indian Consulates in US are showing great example of government efficiency. My PCC was issued in 2 days for in person applications at SF Consulate. Six months ago my passport renewal was completed in 2 weeks for normal processing and entire process was pretty seamless. Kudos to Indian bureaucracy for showing efficiency.

Now, contrast that with US Government and its services, it takes close to 3 months for FBI to issue PCC. In CA, simple task such as getting DL renewed is now taking 2+ months as no DMV Appointments are available. Even if you go to their office and spend an entire day there, there is no guarantee that you will get it renewed since they now have to check with USCIS for validity of Immigration status and its a black hole of gigantic proportions.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
It seems strange to say this but lately Indian Consulates in US are showing great example of government efficiency. My PCC was issued in 2 days for in person applications at SF Consulate. Six months ago my passport renewal was completed in 2 weeks for normal processing and entire process was pretty seamless. Kudos to Indian bureaucracy for showing efficiency.

Now, contrast that with US Government and its services, it takes close to 3 months for FBI to issue PCC. In CA, simple task such as getting DL renewed is now taking 2+ months as no DMV Appointments are available. Even if you go to their office and spend an entire day there, there is no guarantee that you will get it renewed since they now have to check with USCIS for validity of Immigration status and its a black hole of gigantic proportions.
For US Citizens and PRs, FBI PCC takes just 5 days or so. The delay is only for others. Sad reality !!!