+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline:

Application Received 7th July
Credit Card Charged 29th Aug
Date on PCC 9th Sep
Mailed out on 13th Sep
Received on 29th Sep (New Delhi)

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear Friends, I am in very frustrating situation and asking for your guidance. My CRS score is 469 (it was 474 till august :(). I have received ITA twice last year but could not submit documents because my wife's FBI pcc request got rejected due to "poor fingerprint" quality. We have tried another time recently and unfortunately the result remained same. It seems her finger has very weak ridges. In the meantime she managed to get Study permit from Canada using the state clearance instead of FBI.
She is in Canada now and recently tried for FBI pcc for 3rd time. However, this time she contacted an Ottawa based company named "Reliability Screening" (http://reliabilityscreening.ca/international/ ) and the company took her digital fingerprint. Within 24 hours she got soft copy her FBI PCC!!!!!!!! They took CAD 200 for the service.
Now my question is how it is possible to get result like this???? My wife is not even American citizen then how can a third party can process so fast? Is it a scam???????????????? Should I use it while submitting the doc with a LOE explaining how I get this or just submit it without saying anything? or do NOT use it at all??????
I am soooo confused! Please help. :'( :'( :'(

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think channelers are accepted for non citizens. You could go to an official fingerprinting location and get the fingerprints done so that they are not rejected.

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I received my FBI record today. After the initial failure they agreed to resend a copy of my record to my Bangladesh address and mailed it on 20th September which I got on 2nd October.

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
theatlantic said:
Finally I received my FBI record today. After the initial failure they agreed to resend a copy of my record to my Bangladesh address and mailed it on 20th September which I got on 2nd October.
PM'd you theatlantic, would appreciate your feedback.

rahul_im4u001

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
US Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Guys who have gone through FBI PCC process, kindly comment where to get the fingerprints taken?

I am residing in CA. I can't use the third party channelers as I am not a US citizen

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
rahul_im4u001 said:
Guys who have gone through FBI PCC process, kindly comment where to get the fingerprints taken?

I am residing in CA. I can't use the third party channelers as I am not a US citizen
You can ask a local police station and they will get it done.

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahul_im4u001 said:

[/quote

Just look online for a fingerprinting livescan location near you. I first enquired at the police station but since the person was on leave for the week, they directed me to the DMV. They took 10$ and put it on their own card and typed up all the information . Since the fingerprints are taken professionally there are minimal chances of being rejected.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
jetplane said:
I don't think channelers are accepted for non citizens. You could go to an official fingerprinting location and get the fingerprints done so that they are not rejected.
Thanks for the comment but can you please let me know where it has been mentioned that FBI pcc through channelers will not be accepted? only thing i can see from CIC website is "Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents." link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

So, if I get my FBI pcc from FBI approved channeler then why wont they accept it?

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Monzur said:
Thanks for the comment but can you please let me know where it has been mentioned that FBI pcc through channelers will not be accepted? only thing i can see from CIC website is "Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents." link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

So, if I get my FBI pcc from FBI approved channeler then why wont they accept it?
Recently we contacted Reliability Screening Solutions Inc. http://reliabilityscreening.ca/international/
1025 Richmond Road, Suite 107
Ottawa ON K2B 8G8
Canada

They said, they have done the process through TRP Associations, LLC dba ID Solutions
www.trpassociates.net which is in the FBI approved channelers list https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/list-of-approved-channelers.

However, we are trying to verify that. We will call FBI and TRP both to make sure.

Vivotul

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Hi..
Today I call one consultancy name JK consultancy and I have asked them regarding finger print process for US pcc and they told me that they provide two kinds of services one the normal process which takes around 10-14 weeks and other one is expedite process which again consist of two types(both through FBI channelers) which is given below
1) First type of service is for US citizen and green card holder where they get result in the form of hard copy.
2) Second type of service is for Non US citizen where they give result through email and not hard copy(within 25 days).

and they told me the second one(Non US citizen) is just started recently.Please let me know how true it is.Can we trust this information or do we need to go through normal process.

Anyone have any idea regarding this???

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monzur said:

I was referirng to the same lines you mentioned. Since they say FBI approved channeler is only available to citizens and PRs - I interpreted that as that they are not for others meaning non citizens and non green card holders.
Also -
"An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”). "
from FBI website (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks)

So thats why I felt that it cannot be done for other. However, if they are doing this now - maybe there has been some changes I am not aware.

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vivotul said:
Hi..
Today I call one consultancy name JK consultancy and I have asked them regarding finger print process for US pcc and they told me that they provide two kinds of services one the normal process which takes around 10-14 weeks and other one is expedite process which again consist of two types(both through FBI channelers) which is given below
1) First type of service is for US citizen and green card holder where they get result in the form of hard copy.
2) Second type of service is for Non US citizen where they give result through email and not hard copy(within 25 days).

and they told me the second one(Non US citizen) is just started recently.Please let me know how true it is.Can we trust this information or do we need to go through normal process.

Anyone have any idea regarding this???

I used the same consultancy in Delhi. I just did my fingerprints with them and had send them myself. They did tell me about their services in brief but I didn't opt for them.
I would suggest you get your fingerprints done from them and send them yourself, currently the time is reduced and you will receive in 10 weeks.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
jetplane said:
I was referirng to the same lines you mentioned. Since they say FBI approved channeler is only available to citizens and PRs - I interpreted that as that they are not for others meaning non citizens and non green card holders.
Also -
"An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”). "
from FBI website (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks)

So thats why I felt that it cannot be done for other. However, if they are doing this now - maybe there has been some changes I am not aware.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your opinion. :)

Now I have noticed the FBI statement but interesting word choice from them :"An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”). "

Use of "MAY" gives the channelers some kind of discretion to make decision i guess. what do you think?