+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I've just submitted an eDo and will get new prints taken asap and sent. Seems weird that its exactly the same information on the forms, which isn't much info to be honest and this will supposedly be done in two days from receipt of finger prints and the old way takes up to four months just because the same information is printed on a piece of paper instead of electronically. I presume we can expect this service to be backlogged within days and the process time spiral out of control? I don't see why they can do this so quick when a real human still needs to open the letter containing the email and finger prints and process it.

Reactions: 8494193 and Jancy

WAT876

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
I've just submitted an eDo and will get new prints taken asap and sent. Seems weird that its exactly the same information on the forms, which isn't much info to be honest and this will supposedly be done in two days from receipt of finger prints and the old way takes up to four months just because the same information is printed on a piece of paper instead of electronically. I presume we can expect this service to be backlogged within days and the process time spiral out of control? I don't see why they can do this so quick when a real human still needs to open the letter containing the email and finger prints and process it.
I thought the same. It will be backlogged in no time unless the system is really doing all the work and the only manual intervention is scanning the prints to the system and mailing out the response for those who opt for that option. I imagine that poor handwriting is causing the backlog? LOL

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Exactly. this will create a heavier backlog soon especially when people are applying on both eDO and paper

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
The FBI website says :

Current processing time for requests submitted electronically is forecasted to be 48 hours upon receipt of the fingerprint card. Allow additional time for mail delivery if this option was selected during the request process.

Current processing time for requests submitted via the mail is 14-16 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.
So how does a person who is a non-US citizen and doesn't live in the US submit the fingerprints electronically? I am confused about the process.

Reactions: WAT876

can2018

Feb 5, 2018
PCC Application Received by FBI: Oct 14
I sent a money order
Process Completed: 24th January
Mailed out: 26th January
Received in Toronto Canada: 5th Feb

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
My credit card was charged today i.e. Feb 5th in the US. Package delivered on October 25th. Not sure whether processing was successful or not as yet.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Do we need to submit application and payment in 1 go under eDO or can I submit application partially and make payment next day ?

Also do we need to take out some print out to be send along with fingerprint card ? How would they map posted fingerprint card to my online application.

Edit: Okay, so I signed up and logged in using URL given on my email and 6 digit key, cannot save partial form, so need to make payment to complete the application in 1 go.

Last edited:

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Another question about eDO :
1. Do you guys think there is any plus point of getting physical copy of PCC under eDO ?
2. Do we need to show a physical paper based PCC at any later stage or during citizenship test ?
3. Is the original report printed on some special kind of paper which would make a printout look fake ?
4. Will they send electronic report to everyone with option of additional paper based report, or is it either electronic report OR mail delivery.

I am inclined towards electronic copy as it would be instantaneous.

Last edited:

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
The FBI website says :

So how does a person who is a non-US citizen and doesn't live in the US submit the fingerprints electronically? I am confused about the process.
Same old process, get fingerprints taken on FD 258 and post it. Only processing time reduction is that a human doesn't has to read application form and type in all information manually, which wasn't that complicated task and should have been done by few people working at $15/hr.

AKOPEIN

Nov 24, 2017
I don't think the edo has improved situation for candidates like me who is not a US citizen and not residing at US now. We have to physically send those fingerprint fomrs to FBI still and forever wait till those mails are opened? Currently they are opening October mails. So if we send our fingerprint forms today they will be opening again after two to three months which is again same as previous wait times. How is this system improving the whole process or reducing the time required for USA PCC? How it will be done within 48 hours? Am i missing something here?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
I don't think the edo has improved situation for candidates like me who is not a US citizen and not residing at US now. We have to physically send those fingerprint fomrs to FBI still and forever wait till those mails are opened? Currently they are opening October mails. So if we send our fingerprint forms today they will be opening again after two to three months which is again same as previous wait times. How is this system improving the whole process or reducing the time required for USA PCC? How it will be done within 48 hours? Am i missing something here?
Request for eDO won't be processed after paper based requests have been processed, from what I understand, they will run in parallel as separate system.

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I submitted my email id for the eDo process few minutes back and received an email with the link to my account and a PIN number. However, the first time I clicked on the link and entered the PIN, an error came up saying "There was an error. Please try again later." Now the site only shows Home and FAQ at the top. Has anyone faced this issue?