+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

vishalnmodi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Mumbai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destiny2016 said:
Any idea how long CIC takes once we send the US FBI certificate assuming that all other documents are already in place. Are we looking at anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks (i.e 1 to 3 months) of background checking before PPR stage? It will help me to plan my travel schedule.

I am looking at around May 15-May 20 for my FBI certificate to be ready. Should I assume that PPR will happen anywhere from June 20 to August 20?
Based on the number of applications which they are processing, the time which they are taking is around 15 weeks. I would say consider 4 - 4.5 months

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
vishalnmodi said:
Based on the number of applications which they are processing, the time which they are taking is around 15 weeks. I would say consider 4 - 4.5 months
This is the timeline from the beginning, but if they are requesting additional docs, they have already checked the other documents and basic details. Hopefully should not take this long from that point right? Anyone who has gone through the US FBI extension period, please advise. Thanks.

N

newtoexpressentry

destiny2016 said:
Called today on April 21st. Opening packets received on Feb 1st. Sending out packets received on Jan 28th.

p.s- how come I cannot add anything to my signature under profile options?
what number did you call for information?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
destiny2016 said:
This is the timeline from the beginning, but if they are requesting additional docs, they have already checked the other documents and basic details. Hopefully should not take this long from that point right? Anyone who has gone through the US FBI extension period, please advise. Thanks.
Yep, I got PPR about 3 months from AOR, with 2nd extension granted for FBI PCC. So there's at least one case (mine) where they've basically done all on the app except wait for the FBI PCC. However, please note that there have been other cases where folks have had to wait much longer. I was lucky. I would not be surprised if, in some cases, the agents/officers just sat on the application until FBI PCC was on file. Nevertheless, my money is on them going through as much of the application as possible during/while the FBI PCC is in process. Best wishes to you.

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
MooseNBooze said:
Yep, I got PPR about 3 months from AOR, with 2nd extension granted for FBI PCC. So there's at least one case (mine) where they've basically done all on the app except wait for the FBI PCC. However, please note that there have been other cases where folks have had to wait much longer. I was lucky. I would not be surprised if, in some cases, the agents/officers just sat on the application until FBI PCC was on file. Nevertheless, my money is on them going through as much of the application as possible during/while the FBI PCC is in process. Best wishes to you.
Good to hear! Thanks for sharing this info. Could you kindly let us know the exact timing of your app - i.e when was AOR, when was additional docs requested, and dates for first FBI extension, second extension, and final processing from FBI? Also, where were you applying from?

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
destiny2016 said:
Good to hear! Thanks for sharing this info. Could you kindly let us know the exact timing of your app - i.e when was AOR, when was additional docs requested, and dates for first FBI extension, second extension, and final processing from FBI? Also, where were you applying from?
We have very very similar profile and timelines. Mine are as follows:
Category FSW Outland (CRS 481) and NOC 1112
IELTS 9 Jan
IELTS Results 22 Jan (8.5)
EE Profile 23 Jan
ITA 1 27 Jan (Declined)
ITA 2 10 Feb (Accepted)
PR app AOR 22 Mar
Meds Passed 23 Mar
FBI PCC requested 24 Mar (upload by 24 May)
BG from Not needed to Not started 25 Mar
No updates after that!

Which city are you from? Whats your job profile?
Lets keep in touch man!

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
tejasmhaskar said:
We have very very similar profile and timelines. Mine are as follows:
Category FSW Outland (CRS 481) and NOC 1112
IELTS 9 Jan
IELTS Results 22 Jan (8.5)
EE Profile 23 Jan
ITA 1 27 Jan (Declined)
ITA 2 10 Feb (Accepted)
PR app AOR 22 Mar
Meds Passed 23 Mar
FBI PCC requested 24 Mar (upload by 24 May)
BG from Not needed to Not started 25 Mar
No updates after that!

Which city are you from? Whats your job profile?
Lets keep in touch man!
:eek: ;D

haha, too similair for comfort! Sent you a PM. Good Luck and let us stay in touch!

Kriwebs

Jun 20, 2015
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch-4 on 18-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
17-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
From another thread, Today FBI is opening mail delivered on the 4th Feb

vishalnmodi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Mumbai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I just opened my package and found that FBI has rejected my finger prints due to bad quality.
Please find the below link to avoid the errors. My error code was L0008.
To be on the safe side send 2-3 finger prints copies. If it gets rejected it will be utter waste of time. Now i need to reapply again and wait for another 4 months to get it.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/fingerprints_biometrics/iafis/top10reject2

Thanks,
Vishal

kulyoma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalnmodi said:
Hello,

I just opened my package and found that FBI has rejected my finger prints due to bad quality.
Please find the below link to avoid the errors. My error code was L0008.
To be on the safe side send 2-3 finger prints copies. If it gets rejected it will be utter waste of time. Now i need to reapply again and wait for another 4 months to get it.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/fingerprints_biometrics/iafis/top10reject2

Thanks,
Vishal
That is no good, sorry to hear that! Wish you luck with new application to the FBI, at least they made the process a little bit faster. Based on your timeline, you still have time to get the new fingerprints and police certificate, as you didn't get the AOR and provincial nomination yet. Plus you can always ask an extension post ITA when you apply for PR. Good luck.
I am waiting for my PCC some time at the end of May, fingers crossed for no errors. ::)

vishalnmodi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Mumbai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kulyoma said:
That is no good, sorry to hear that! Wish you luck with new application to the FBI, at least they made the process a little bit faster. Based on your timeline, you still have time to get the new fingerprints and police certificate, as you didn't get the AOR and provincial nomination yet. Plus you can always ask an extension post ITA when you apply for PR. Good luck.
I am waiting for my PCC some time at the end of May, fingers crossed for no errors. ::)
Yes. you are very much true. I can afford wasting some time based on my situation.