+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Police Clearance Certificate from Toronto, Canada

jittu1607

Nov 14, 2018
Hi folks,

I am planning to submit my citizenship application later this month. To prepare for that, I have requested a FBI Police clearance certificate by mail as I was in the US prior to coming to Canada. I sent my mail with fingerprints, filled form and fee payment details about two weeks back (delivered last Monday, June 5th). I understand that the processing time that FBI advises is of 2 months for mail application, however I have read and seen for one of my friends it took no more than 3 weeks.

Is there a way we can track it? Has anyone else submitted a mail FBI IdHSC request and if yes, how long did it take for them to send the certificate?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
5/12/23 My package delivered
5/18/23 - Received email from FBI
5/18/23 - Received Clearance on same day

Less than five business days.

jittu1607

Nov 14, 2018
5/12/23 My package delivered
5/18/23 - Received email from FBI
5/18/23 - Received Clearance on same day

Less than five business days.
Did you submit any request online and then send the package with fingerprints?

I haven't received any emails from FBI, and it's been about 2 weeks since the package was delivered to them. :(

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi folks,

I am planning to submit my citizenship application later this month. To prepare for that, I have requested a FBI Police clearance certificate by mail as I was in the US prior to coming to Canada. I sent my mail with fingerprints, filled form and fee payment details about two weeks back (delivered last Monday, June 5th). I understand that the processing time that FBI advises is of 2 months for mail application, however I have read and seen for one of my friends it took no more than 3 weeks.

Is there a way we can track it? Has anyone else submitted a mail FBI IdHSC request and if yes, how long did it take for them to send the certificate?
You should get it in the next week or so . Your application is not mail in it’s considered online as you registered online

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Has anyone mailed fingerprints to the FBI recently? Our package was delivered a week ago but still hasn't received any response from them. Trying to figure out what the timeline is like now.

ATolji

Dec 19, 2023
Category........
CEC
so I sent my fingerprints to the FBI via Canada Post, and I got the express travel time. However, when I tracked the package, it was delivered to a local post office instead of the actual build, 26302 instead of 26306.
Is this an issue? Has anyone had the same issue but gotten their police certificate? Will the FBI come and pick it up?

washstatedude

Apr 17, 2022
Hi all, I'm knee deep in all of the FUN Visa paperwork. (we're doing the spousal sponsorship - my wife is Canadian.)

I have a bit of a unique situation...I'm WAAAY up north. Prince Rupert. Regarding the country clearance/FBI stuff, I got a hard copy of my fingerprints back from the RCMP and I understand that I have two options with how to get these prints/paperwork to the FBI. Either upload everything or send the whole thing snail mail. What I'm reading though is even if you upload your Country clearance stuff online, you STILL need to take your fingerprints to a USPS which is pretty much impossible for me since I'm 900 miles away from the U.S. Sooo.....looks like old fashioned/snail mail is my only option? Does anyone know what current wait times are after you confirm that the FBI has the fingerprints until you get the paperwork from them snail mail?

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
so I sent my fingerprints to the FBI via Canada Post, and I got the express travel time. However, when I tracked the package, it was delivered to a local post office instead of the actual build, 26302 instead of 26306.
Is this an issue? Has anyone had the same issue but gotten their police certificate? Will the FBI come and pick it up?
I am on the same boat. Did your status change? Mine too shows delivered to 26302.

canadauser45

Jan 4, 2024
Hi, I am also in same boat, my package was delivered on 21 Dec, 2023, but still status shows Finger Print Card not received.. can you please share your timeline , when was it delivered and when did you receive the response .. was the status finger print card not received in between .. thanks a lot

ATolji

Dec 19, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi, I am also in same boat, my package was delivered on 21 Dec, 2023, but still status shows Finger Print Card not received.. can you please share your timeline , when was it delivered and when did you receive the response .. was the status finger print card not received in between .. thanks a lot
Delivered on the 18th of December
email about Fingerprint being received sent at 10:41 AM 2nd of January
Response available for review at 10:43 AM on 2nd of January

it strangely happened in quick succession, so I wasn't able to tell if the status changed

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
did you receive your response. Mine was delivered on 18th Dec but the status did not change as fingerprints was missing. I called them and they said they received the package but could not locate. I resent the finger prints again.