+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI police certificate

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I heard the lead time of US police certificate could be 2-3 months. In case I couldn't get the report back in 90 days, may I provide some kind of proof that my report is in process and will be ready soon when handing over all my documents to the immigration office? Will it be accepted?

Much appreciate your help in advance!!!

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Yes, as long as you provide some kind of proof that you applied for the clearance in a reasonable time period, they will be fine with this. Courier receipts, etc. Just be proactive, and use the LOE to make all explanations.

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
No problem. Good luck!

For reference's sake, my timeline from sending the courier with fingerprints and application to FBI, to receiving the certificate in the post was about 90-100 days.
Thanks for the reference! I will send my documents out asap. Also, can I ask my friends in the US to receive it and have the electronic copy scanned for me, and use the scanned copy in the document? Thanks!!!

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Note that there is a delay in processing due to a computer system update. IT will take longer than 3 months. So, I would suggest that you submit documents even before you get ITA.

See below the response I got this morning from FBI:

Thank You for your inquiry. At this time, there is a delay in processing all of our customer requests due to the implementation of a new computer system. I am not aware as of yet, how much of a delay this may be. Thank You

Best Regards,
Laura

If you need further assistance please contact:
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division Biometric
Services Section Customer Service Group

(304) 625-5590
Office Hours Monday-Friday
8:00 AM-5:00 PM EST

identity@ic.fbi.gov

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks for the reference! I will send my documents out asap. Also, can I ask my friends in the US to receive it and have the electronic copy scanned for me, and use the scanned copy in the document? Thanks!!!
I think you'll have to address it yourself, unless you have a US address in your name. But it's worth checking with the rest of the board.