+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Police Certificate, produced by FBI-Approved Channeler

Canadian_Sponsor

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Has anyone used FBI-Approved Channeler to get FBI Police Certificates? Were certificates accepted by LVO with no problems?

We are requested to re-submit FBI Police Certificates, and to go thru the FBI standard process it will take 6-8 weeks. Our Medicals are expiring soon, so we are desperately trying to expedite. FBI Approved Channelers promise to get it done in 3-4 working days. That's sound great ! But my worry is that Channelers provide Police Certificates in PDF-file, whereas the request from LVO is to "send originals of FBI Police Certificates".

Please share your experience, who did it thru Channelers, were the PDF-files (in electronic format or printouts) accepted with no issues?

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canadian_Sponsor said:
Has anyone used FBI-Approved Channeler to get FBI Police Certificates? Were certificates accepted by LVO with no problems?

We are requested to re-submit FBI Police Certificates, and to go thru the FBI standard process it will take 6-8 weeks. Our Medicals are expiring soon, so we are desperately trying to expedite. FBI Approved Channelers promise to get it done in 3-4 working days. That's sound great ! But my worry is that Channelers provide Police Certificates in PDF-file, whereas the request from LVO is to "send originals of FBI Police Certificates".

Please share your experience, who did it thru Channelers, were the PDF-files (in electronic format or printouts) accepted with no issues?

Thank you!
AFAIK, CIC will not accept certificates from the Channelers, as they don't have the FBI security feature.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

AFAIK, CIC will not accept certificates from the Channelers, as they don't have the FBI security feature.

what security feature? my FBI certificate was a plain FBI cover letter and then a white paper with my record on it no seal nothing... there was a signature from the officer that processed it and it must have been ok cus I got PPR... just wondering what the feature is?

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Creampop said:
what security feature? my FBI certificate was a plain FBI cover letter and then a white paper with my record on it no seal nothing... there was a signature from the officer that processed it and it must have been ok cus I got PPR... just wondering what the feature is?
If you photocopy the original FBI certificate (I did, to have a copy for my own records), there is a security feature that shows a watermark "COPY / UNAUTHORIZED" in the background.

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
I used a channeler and just got the email a week ago that it wasn't good enough and I had to get one from the FBI. This may delay my app a few months. In hindsight, I really wish that I would have just waited the 6-8 weeks before sending the app in.

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Rose2D2 said:
I used a channeler and just got the email a week ago that it wasn't good enough and I had to get one from the FBI. This may delay my app a few months. In hindsight, I really wish that I would have just waited the 6-8 weeks before sending the app in.
When we were gathering all our documents in May, I didn't want to wait and wanted to use a channeler as well, but from reading this forum, users said that it was unknown if the CIC would accept a channeler report, so we just decided to play it safe and wait for the original FBI certificate. Waiting sucks. :( Good luck!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
tavora said:
If you photocopy the original FBI certificate (I did, to have a copy for my own records), there is a security feature that shows a watermark "COPY / UNAUTHORIZED" in the background.

AHH ok I didn't photocopy it so I never saw the watermark. Thanks!

Canadian_Sponsor

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Thank you to all who answered here, especially to Rose2D2 who shared negative experience (sorry, Rose2D2, that it did not work for you!)

We decided to go thru FBI, better to play safe.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
I got my PPR, but they also requested new FBI certificates, which I had obtained from a channeller. In hindsight, I should have seen this coming and gotten "official" records while waiting

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
And according to the FBI site, it is taking 5-6 weeks. So maybe we can expect results after 4...

Still a long time compared to other countries (I received a French clearance for FREE, no fingerprints needed, exactly FIVE days after requesting them), but not as bad as 8 weeks

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
It took me 11 weeks 3 days to get my FBI clearance back @ that time they were stating 12 week... I waited to send off the state checks and they were still expired by the time they received them least the FBI was good cus they never asked me to redo the state checks. I would have been happy with 5 to 6 weeks... atleast you know the end is in site! Congrats!

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
This reminds me I should check on my application its been a few weeks now...

We got anxious and used a channeler - got results back in just one day! We submited the application with those results to "complete" it and then a week or two later submited my fingerprints directly to the fbi to get in the long waiting time. at the time I believe was two months...I have no idea how long its been...still havsnf heard back from them though. We just got first stage approval. I have a feeling they wont accept the channeler though.

I kinda hope the fbi results get here a bit later since I dont want them to expire before they request them.

I requested for the results to be mailed to Montreal...I wonder if I was suppose to submit my own self addressed envelope?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Cheerio said:
I requested for the results to be mailed to Montreal...I wonder if I was suppose to submit my own self addressed envelope?
All Police Clearance Certficates must be mailed by the applicant to CIC along with the copy of communication received from CIC for submision of PCC.

Sometimes there can be an error by FBI which may result in negative reporting. If it is mailed directly by FBI to CIC then
1) It may not get to your file
2) you will not have a chance to look at the FBI results before it is received by CIC.

You can fax a change of address form to FBI, so that it gets mailed back to your address.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
RajaJi said:
All Police Clearance Certficates must be mailed by the applicant to CIC along with the copy of communication received from CIC for submision of PCC.

Sometimes there can be an error by FBI which may result in negative reporting. If it is mailed directly by FBI to CIC then
1) It may not get to your file
2) you will not have a chance to look at the FBI results before it is received by CIC.

You can fax a change of address form to FBI, so that it gets mailed back to your address.
Ah but I ment to our mailling address here in Montreal not directly to CIC ^^' Im wondering since its not within the states if I had to pay for posting it to Canada

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Probably a long shot, but does anybody know if it is possible to go to the FBI office in West Virginia and apply in person? It isn't THAT far of a drive for me, and every week I have to wait extra is $$ out of my pocket (I have a job waiting for me as soon as I get my PR).

I know it is highly likely that it is impossible, but anybody know? I'm gonna give them a call Monday to be sure, but wondering if you guys had heard anybody suggest this before?