+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC with misspelt name

shrusrinivas

Mar 15, 2017
Hey Guys,

I have a question with regards to FBI PCC..
In my fiancee's FBI clearance certificate, his name is spelt wrong.. Its a very tiny mistake that could be easily overlooked.

His name is IMMANUEL, instead the certificate reads INMANUEL. We did apply for another FBI clearance and also mentioned the same in our LOE stating that it would take atleast couple of months from May (AOR - May 6th) to receive it and we would be able to submit it if need be.

Also, the FBI search was done using his SSN, a scan of which is also shown in the LOE.

We received the new clearance today, and his application is in IP1 right now. Should we raise a CSE or should we wait for CIC to get back just as we mentioned it in our LOE?

Thanks Much!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hey Guys,

I have a question with regards to FBI PCC..
In my fiancee's FBI clearance certificate, his name is spelt wrong.. Its a very tiny mistake that could be easily overlooked.

His name is IMMANUEL, instead the certificate reads INMANUEL. We did apply for another FBI clearance and also mentioned the same in our LOE stating that it would take atleast couple of months from May (AOR - May 6th) to receive it and we would be able to submit it if need be.

Also, the FBI search was done using his SSN, a scan of which is also shown in the LOE.

We received the new clearance today, and his application is in IP1 right now. Should we raise a CSE or should we wait for CIC to get back just as we mentioned it in our LOE?

Thanks Much!
You can raise a CSE and upload the new PCC.

Here is the link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.119526089.1134668365.1497769199-577100377.1496522820

shrusrinivas

Mar 15, 2017
Update:
We raised a CSE and submitted the additional FBI clearance document but I don't think it made any difference as we never got an acknowledgment from the team. We got the PPR irrespective.

I would however suggest to submit a CSE in any case as we are not totally certain if it made a difference.

Thanks
Shruthi