+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC timeframe?

narain

May 14, 2012
Hii

CAn anyone share their recent FBI time frame with me plizz?? I got a deadline from Immigration for 60 days but ut seems it will take more time than that.

Nurhia

May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received on 07/04/2011
AOR Received.
PER received on 11/05/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
RBVO- 11/06/2011, AOR received 24/08/2011 ltr dtd 17/08/2011
Med's Request
Nov 17th 2011- asked for an extension till April 30th 2012
Med's Done....
April 14th 2012, reached NDVO on April 18th 2012. Med's line appeared on 27th April 2012
Passport Req..
Nov 17th 2011, PP's, PCC, RPRF reached NDVO on 24th April 2012. Received FBI on April 28th 2012. Reached NDVO on April 30th 2012. Applied for FBI on 3rd March 2012.
Hi Narain,

My husband applied for FBI on March 3rd 2012 and received the FBI certificate on April 28th 2012(span of 7-8 weeks approx). When you send your documents to FBI, write a covering letter informing them about your dead line and request them to issue the FBI report at the earliest. Use Fed-ex to send your doc's to WV. You will save time.Once your docs reach FBI, write to them asking the status of your application. Write to them after one month. e-mail id is Liaison@leo.gov . Send it from your gmail id if you have one. We tried sending the email from yahoo but it was not delivered.(said it was in queue). Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Prathima

narain

May 14, 2012
Hi Prathima

Thank you for the email ID. I did sent through DHL courier service and also gave a prepaid envelope will all details and DHIL office number filled out. However I forget to write my deadline. But I did attach the letter from CIC requesting for FBI PCC.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Narain. While I second with Nurhia's timeline details. I respectfully disagree and highly doubt that including a deadline letter will do any good to you or help expedite your request.

When FBI was processing my application (And it happened twice. Once in the beginning of the application process (almost first stage) and later at the time of Medical request), I called them numerous amounts of time to check the status of my application and also asked if I could send them a separate request letter to expedite my request. They said that they treat each and every application same and process them on a first come-first serve basis. They even said that they receive a-thousand requests each day and there is no way I could expect my application to be processed earlier than others which were received prior to me. They claimed that it would take complete 8 weeks to process my application. However, to my surprise I received my certificate in 7 weeks and 4 days :)

Hope it helps!

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
The time frame for obtaining FBI PCC is 6-8 weeks.
I obtained them twice in about 45 days.
The second time i also send them a prepaid envelope and FBI did not use it. They just used regular USPS mail and also they send me back the prepaid envelope.

narain

May 14, 2012
OK Thank you all for the information.

I emailed and they said my name appears in the database. What does that mean and how long after it does appearr in the database can I expect it in my mail?

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
When did you send your application? They don't even tell that the name is in database until it's at least 4 weeks after receiving your application. When I called them before 4 weeks, they declined to provide any information.

They won't tell you anything before 4 weeks even if it's in their system because they can see the time they received the application.

Anyways, when I called after 4 weeks, they told me the same thing that I have already mentioned in my previous post that it'll take complete 8 weeks to process the application. This is their standard answer, no matter how many times you call them.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chappan said:
When did you send your application? They don't even tell that the name is in database until it's at least 4 weeks after receiving your application. When I called them before 4 weeks, they declined to provide any information.

They won't tell you anything before 4 weeks even if it's in their system because they can see the time they received the application.

Anyways, when I called after 4 weeks, they told me the same thing that I have already mentioned in my previous post that it'll take complete 8 weeks to process the application. This is their standard answer, no matter how many times you call them.
They can give an estimation even before 4 weeks once the money is cashed.
It says in their website now that It takes 5 to 6 weeks.

narain

May 14, 2012
Hi
I called the helpdesk on 5th June and I was told my name appears on the database. They said they received my application on 15th May. So I think they are a bit faster nowadays. The guy at the helpdesk was nice.

Carlotina

Sep 27, 2011
Application sent: April 26th, 2012
Money Order Cashed: May 17th, 2012
Report received: today June 13th, 2012
So it took 7 weeks for us.....hope this help! :)

Greetings!

zOzOzO

Jul 13, 2011
Dallas TX
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/5/2014
mine is about 7-8 weeks, i opt the credit card payment so i can see when they cashed my payment and working on it.

narain

May 14, 2012
Hi
Thank you for the timeframe
I sent mine on 7th may 2012 and it was received on 11th but when I called they said they received on 15th.
So its 6 weeks since I sent it in.

narain

May 14, 2012
HI
I called FBI and was told that my PCC was posted on 26th June 2012. So I am still waiting for the results to arrive. They didnt use the DHL prepaid envelope I sent but used regular USPS mail. Wonder how reliable that is and When will I get it in FIJI????

rajbeer219

Jun 14, 2012
DO anyone know if i cant get it before deadline.Are they very strict about deadline.
My deadline is 5th Sept,2012 and FBI posted it on 31st AUgust and regular mail. It gonna reach arround 10 12.
What can i do any suggestion.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Thanks for clarification on FBI PCC and timeframe.

Could you please help me with following questions:

(a.) I believe the PCC's if not submitted with initial application to CIO should go to respective VO office ?

(b.) Do we wait for VO to request them or Can we submit the FBI PCC once we get it ?

I appreciate your time and response to my queries. Thanks in advance. :)