+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC system really sucks

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
I had submitted the FBI finger print application more than 3 months ago. Today when I called their office they told me submit application again as according to the the finger prints were not readable. They did not even bother to inform me about this....
now I have to repeat the whole process again and wait for more than 3 months again.....

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you take the fingerprints yourself or professionally?

noesis

May 26, 2015
hedonist10 said:
I had submitted the FBI finger print application more than 3 months ago. Today when I called their office they told me submit application again as according to the the finger prints were not readable. They did not even bother to inform me about this....
now I have to repeat the whole process again and wait for more than 3 months again.....
Sorry to hear about that. When you combine the FBI's horrible inefficient new system (whoever heard of introducing an information system which delays your processes by a factor of 3) and CIC's bullheadedness in demanding that the PCC is delivered through this inefficient system and not through channelers that the FBI have approved, you have to wonder what the motivation is. It is ridiculous to expect applicants to take 3-4 sets of inked fingerprints and send it for one PCC when there are state of the art electronic fingerprinting facilities that automatically detect whether the print is clear and can be accepted. If CIC doesn't trust the FBI's channelers, it indirectly doesn't approve the FBI's credentialing authority, so this erosion of trust surely must extend to the use of outdated facilities used by the parent organization.

Add to that the fact that applicants must have one of these issued in the last 6 months if they live in the US, while the ITA is valid for only 60 days. Are you expected to apply for one every 3 months since you can never realistically predict when you'll get the ITA? The entire CIC stand on the FBI PCC is a farce, as is the FBI's ridiculous processing times.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI you don't have to do ink fingerprints if you are in the US. You can go to any nearby police station (costs $12 per person) and have them taken electronically and printed on the card to send to FBI. Their machine also verifies that your prints are readable.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
ht7 said:
FYI you don't have to do ink fingerprints if you are in the US. You can go to any nearby police station (costs $12 per person) and have them taken electronically and printed on the card to send to FBI. Their machine also verifies that your prints are readable.
It depends on the state/county you are in. Not all police departments offer this. None in my area offer this.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
applied for FBI PCC on April 7th (date received) - hoping to get it soon... everything else ready to be submitted including medicals.. just one document missing... this one...

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
People have posted on the other thread that there application was received on April 7th and April 9th and their credit cards have been charged. Not sure how it ties to the April 2nd date. Very confusing.....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-pcc-t297415.15.html

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
they charge ur credit card first and then they process it. my credit card was charged on 12th of june but they are processing the appication on 18th of june

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
and my application was received on 2nd of arpil, so i guess now ur confusion is cleared.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Hedonist did you get an ITA already if yes if your finger prints are rejected did you send another set of fingerprints.

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
I did the finger prints at the police station and they did it wrong both for me and my spouse......now along with the letter which I received from FBI they have sent me cards to get the finger prints redone......r u sure we can submit them electronically too......

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
ht7 said:
not all Police stations have electronic machines to take the finger prints. At least, I do not know any.

Also, not all Police stations will take your finger prints if they are outside your county.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Search for nearby cities then. Otherwise risk losing 3 months every time you send a fresh application. Anyway for things like medical exam, some of us have to go to other cities.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi ,

Can we take the finger prints at home itself or you guys recommend to take it from professional.