+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC question

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just got ITA. Unfortunately I don`t have PCC. I wasn`t expecting to get ITA this early and couldn`t plan ahead. When I check the FBI website, it says 11 to 13 weeks. So basically it won`t make it in 60 days. Is there anyway to fix this problem or should I just reject ITA?

Thank you,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
Hi everyone,

I just got ITA. Unfortunately I don`t have PCC. I wasn`t expecting to get ITA this early and couldn`t plan ahead. When I check the FBI website, it says 11 to 13 weeks. So basically it won`t make it in 60 days. Is there anyway to fix this problem or should I just reject ITA?

Thank you,
Apply for FBI PCC right away. Submit your post ITA application on the 59th/60th day and upload a Letter of Explanation along with proof of having applied for PCC. In the LOE, politely request the officer to consider your case favorably and confirm that you will send in the PCC as soon as you receive it. When you get your PCC, send in a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) and attach the PCC along with that.

All the best!

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
Also, send at least 2 letters just in case 1 case of fingerprints are not accepted. I did that. Im just wating for the 1st one to find out of its accepted. Second letter is sent 5 days later.

kong6989

May 1, 2015
when you mentioned two letters, did you mean two complete packages? Or just an additional finger print card in the same application package?

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
you can send it later and they will attach your FBI pcc to your application ( Make sure you send them proof that you have already applied for you FBI PCC ) . They did same for me.

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
KB83: What should be the proof ? I have scanned application which I sent to FBI plus the certified USPS receipt ? Will that suffice ?

How did you send it later ? Via postal mail or email ? Original or photocopy ?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
yes , I am also in same boat ...
sent the PCC request june 24 , still two more months to wait.

N

newtoexpressentry

sraj07 said:
yes , I am also in same boat ...
sent the PCC request june 24 , still two more months to wait.
I have a FBI PCC but my problem is that I dont have ITA . anyways if i get ITA in the future can I use the same FBI PCC which was issued to me 2 years ago when I applied for canadian student visa as I have been to US again a couple of time but not more than a couple of days(work trips) since I have got the FBI PCC. do i need a fresh FBI PCC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtoexpressentry said:
I have a FBI PCC but my problem is that I dont have ITA . anyways if i get ITA in the future can I use the same FBI PCC which was issued to me 2 years ago when I applied for canadian student visa as I have been to US again a couple of time but not more than a couple of days(work trips) since I have got the FBI PCC. do i need a fresh FBI PCC?
You can use the same PCC.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
newtoexpressentry said:
get a new one as you got some time on hands now.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkjk11 said:
What's the validity of FBI PCC?
Depends. If you currently stay in the US, it will be valid for exactly 6 months from date of issue.

If you don't stay in the US for more than 6 months in a row AFTER getting the PCC, it is valid indefinitely.

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Depends. If you currently stay in the US, it will be valid for exactly 6 months from date of issue.

If you don't stay in the US for more than 6 months in a row AFTER getting the PCC, it is valid indefinitely.
Hey Asivad,

Thanks as always for the response. Appreciate it.

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
Re: FBI PCC question
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 04:59:08 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
KB83: What should be the proof ? I have scanned application which I sent to FBI plus the certified USPS receipt ? Will that suffice ?

How did you send it later ? Via postal mail or email ? Original or photocopy ?

--- Via case specific inquiry you can send a scanned attachment and they will attach it to your case