+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC FOR SHIP CREW

29 chander

Oct 11, 2011
Iam planning for PR skilled immigration to Canada. I worked in cruise line ships in galley dept for four years . I was on U.S.A C1D visa which is transit visa. I have never stayed in USA except working on ships . A c1d holder cannot stay more than 29 days on land. i never stayed on land in U.S.A more than a day in a year.

somebody told me if i have stayed in USA for more than six months then i have to provide them FBI police clearance certificate

please help me in this situation I really don't know what Canadian immigration think about my status with C1D VISA should i consider myself resident of USA for that time WHEN I WORKED ON SHIPS. please tell me should i submit pcc from FBI. MY FRIENDS HAVE ADVISED ME NOT TO SUBMIT THE pcc according to them C1D VISA holder not required pcc because this is U.S.A transit visa for ship crew not a resident visa to stay in USA. Iam totally confused please guide me help me I don't want to jeopardize my chance to immigrate to Canada. please reply me on my email id

Regards,

chander29@rediffmail.com

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi if your passport says you have stayed in US for 6 months or more in total after you reached age of 18 years then you need to submit PCC else do not worry about it as of now. If Visa officer feels he needs to check US PCC they will let you know.

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
i think its best to write an email explaining your situation to the canadian immigration site www.cic.gc.ca
they will explain you what to do... yours seems to be a new issue and its best to be answered by cic they will do it
dont worry.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
follow the FBI clearance procedure (if you stayed atleast for 6months and over in the USA territory/port in land or costal area doesn't matter).

Send covering letter and explain that you on C1D type visa and you already sent for FBI clearance (create nice letter).

attach proof if possible (like courrier or postal tracking number/reciept with tracking number) send note to CIO (if new application then send it togather with application according to checklist).

if local VO/CHC requested it then send covering letter to them.

We want that FBI clearance must say that they have no criminal record/history for you in FBI database.. thats enough for you.. whatever the reason is not so important and what type of visa you stayed not important.

No criminal record FBI certificate is important for you.

OMM

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
@chander,,,simple,answer,,,u,dont,need,FBI,PCC.....chc,will,never,ask,for,one...trust,me,,,,i,worked,on,cruise,with,C1D,,for,11,yrs,in,galley,too,,,,Got,my,PR,in,10,months,,,,,,
all,d,best,,,

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi chander,
amilatan has the answer to your question, go by that, all the best to you.
thank amilatan.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohh look here is the same query look:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Canada-Government-Information-351/2010/9/FBI-Clearance-Certificate-State.htm

similar story.

OMM

29 chander

Oct 11, 2011
amilatan said:
@ chander,,,simple,answer,,,u,dont,need,FBI,PCC.....chc,will,never,ask,for,one...trust,me,,,,i,worked,on,cruise,with,C1D,,for,11,yrs,in,galley,too,,,,Got,my,PR,in,10,months,,,,,,
all,d,best,,,
Dear amilaton,

Thanks for advice but one of my friend who worked on ships with me have got his medicals and cic have asked him in medical letter if he have stayed in U.S for more than six months then he should provide fbi pcc. he worked on ships only. what should he do now how can he explain his situation to cic Delhi. should he send his medicals without FBI pcc. is it a risky option. do you think his experience on ship will be considered as U.S residence for that period.

This will also help me to star preparing for my file. we all are confused on this matter. cic letter is it their standard format for all applicants or they have specially asked for FBI pcc. they have clearly asked IF YOU HAVE STATED IN US FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS THEN PROVIDE FBI PCC

please help in this matter

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
29 chander said:
Dear amilaton,

Thanks for advice but one of my friend who worked on ships with me have got his medicals and cic have asked him in medical letter if he have stayed in U.S for more than six months then he should provide fbi pcc. he worked on ships only. what should he do now how can he explain his situation to cic Delhi. should he send his medicals without FBI pcc. is it a risky option. do you think his experience on ship will be considered as U.S residence for that period.

This will also help me to star preparing for my file. we all are confused on this matter. cic letter is it their standard format for all applicants or they have specially asked for FBI pcc. they have clearly asked IF YOU HAVE STATED IN US FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS THEN PROVIDE FBI PCC

please help in this matter
Hi Chander,

From your post it seems that your friend was STILL asked for PCC IF he lived in US for more than 6 months. Now this request is coming from CIC despite the fact that he has provided all the documents in the INITIAL PACKAGE.

This is my suggestion:

1. You apply for FBI certificate and attach it with your application or when ever requested by VO.
2. You should also include a COVER note which will explicitly explain that you never touched land more than a day and you are providing the certificate as there is ambiguity and confusion over the status.

It will definitively not harm your application in any way.

Mitali

NB: Please revert back to forum with the progress of your file.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t71465.0.html
There is more on this question in the thread above. Good Luck.

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
mitali said:
Hi Chander,

From your post it seems that your friend was STILL asked for PCC IF he lived in US for more than 6 months. Now this request is coming from CIC despite the fact that he has provided all the documents in the INITIAL PACKAGE.

This is my suggestion:

1. You apply for FBI certificate and attach it with your application or when ever requested by VO.
2. You should also include a COVER note which will explicitly explain that you never touched land more than a day and you are providing the certificate as there is ambiguity and confusion over the status.

It will definitively not harm your application in any way.

Mitali

NB: Please revert back to forum with the progress of your file

Hi dear,,its really confusing. but dont need to be panic.cic asks for FBI PCC if we have stayed in US for more than 6 months. but matter of fact is that crew visa(c1/d) never allows u to stay in US for more than 29 days.so where's the possibility of staying in US land for 6 months???.u guys really need to understand this.ship's crew never stays on land more than a week ,max 4 week(if official meetings but never extends beyond 29 days). my Advice is dont submit FBI PCC.if CIC need they will ask for it "specifically" without any if's n but's.hope thats clear.
afterall its "You" who gonna affect or benefit.so choice is yours.

yogi.shetty

May 15, 2016
I wanted to know what happend later? did CIC ask for USA PCC or not?

I have similar situation, My brother is working in cruise and he has traveled many country on C1D visa but he has never stayed for more than a day on any foreign land now we are not sure if we have to apply for PCC in this case?

can anybody suggest

Ricky21

Jul 30, 2017
Hey everyone
I've been sailing on board ship for the past 8 years. I've never stayed in any country for more than 6 months because I am part of the crew of a foreign going vessel. Since I only work onboard the ship I have no reason to stay in any other country land. Besides, we only travel to other countries through transit, we sign on and sign off.
My question is this, does a seaman have to submit PCC for PR application?

It's an urgent matter, so please let me know your suggestions.
Thanking you all in advance.