FBI PCC fingerprint rejected

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
My wife has got her fingerprints denied 3 times in last 2 years. I can't understand what is wrong with her fingerprints. I called FBI and asked if I can do LiveScan. They said that we can, but we will need a hardcopy which are printed on FD-258. So after doing some research, I found this company Identogo, which provides live scanning printed on FD-258. It's only available in few states, but I thought let me share it anyways. We got her fingerprints through there yesterday, and they look good. But let's see if FBI is able to process them this time.

https://www.identogo.com/services/fingerprint-card
Just a follow up, her fingerprints got accepted finally, after getting rejected 3 times in the past.

Sks69549

Mar 8, 2018
Just a follow up, her fingerprints got accepted finally, after getting rejected 3 times in the past.[/QUOTE

Hi sir,

With identgo, what is the process ? Is it similar to other fingerprinting services? I tried booking an appointment on their Website but it’s server is down. Should I select fingerprint paper with them or electronic? Please advice . Thanks a lot !

EveM

Nov 27, 2017
You can submit the request for FBI Summary check online now and mail the fingerprints to them. You will get the summary in 4-5 days

Go to https://www.edo.cjis.gov.

Current processing time for Identity History Summary requests submitted electronically is estimated to be three to five business days upon receipt of the fingerprint card. Allow additional time for mail delivery if this option was selected during the request process[/QUOTE

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Just a follow up, her fingerprints got accepted finally, after getting rejected 3 times in the past.
Hello,

Could you please tell me from where you got Request For Live Scan Service form because the centres are asking for it for doing a live scan.

Sks69549

Mar 8, 2018
Hi Vivu,

Live scan is only available for green card holders and citizens of USA. I’m not one and so I didn’t do this .

I got my fingerprints done by FNL in san Francisco where they do digital fingerprinting . They don’t ask for any live scan form or anything . You need to take your ID and FBI application confirmation form. I found this place after a lot of search and 3 rejections from FBI. So try in your area if there is a center which does digital fingerprinting . But then if you have a green card , this process is not needed for you.

Hello,

Could you please tell me from where you got Request For Live Scan Service form because the centres are asking for it for doing a live scan.

Reactions: Vivu

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Vivu,

Live scan is only available for green card holders and citizens of USA. I’m not one and so I didn’t do this .

I got my fingerprints done by FNL in san Francisco where they do digital fingerprinting . They don’t ask for any live scan form or anything . You need to take your ID and FBI application confirmation form. I found this place after a lot of search and 3 rejections from FBI. So try in your area if there is a center which does digital fingerprinting . But then if you have a green card , this process is not needed for you.
Thanks for the reply.
I am not a GC holder . Will have to look out for places here because I doubt on the Ink fingerprints.

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Hello,

Hi Vivu, sorry for the late response as I did not check this site. The service you are looking for is Fingerprint Card Appointment, not Live Scan. You can click this link:
And select one of the 2 options depending on your location. They will scan your fingerprints digitally, and then print them on FD-258 right then. You can mail this FD-258 to get Identity Summary Report.
We're not Green Card holders, and we had no problem getting it done this way.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Vivu, sorry for the late response as I did not check this site. The service you are looking for is Fingerprint Card Appointment, not Live Scan. You can click this link:
And select one of the 2 options depending on your location. They will scan your fingerprints digitally, and then print them on FD-258 right then. You can mail this FD-258 to get Identity Summary Report.
We're not Green Card holders, and we had no problem getting it done this way.
No problem mate. Luckily my ink fingerprints were accepted and I got PCC. Is hard copy of PCC mandatory because I haven't got it and its been 2 weeks?. Looks like it got somewhere.

Moshen

Jun 7, 2018
Please did you get to fill the form and pay again each time it was rejected, or you only had to resubmit the fingerprint cards?

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
My wife has got her fingerprints denied 3 times in last 2 years. I can't understand what is wrong with her fingerprints. I called FBI and asked if I can do LiveScan. They said that we can, but we will need a hardcopy which are printed on FD-258. So after doing some research, I found this company Identogo, which provides live scanning printed on FD-258. It's only available in few states, but I thought let me share it anyways. We got her fingerprints through there yesterday, and they look good. But let's see if FBI is able to process them this time.

Did you have to pay fbi identiyt history $18 every time you sent a new fingerprint card after getting rejected?

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Thanks a lot guys, I wanted to provide an update on my situation.
I again went for ink the second time and it got accepted. There are few things that i did before my appointment
1) I took precaution on my part i.e. continuously moisturized my hands, slept with cotton gloves on at night, wore gloves while washing utensils, didn't wash my hands frequently etc.. did all this for a week before the appointment
2) Told the technician that my fingerprints were rejected the first time so that if possible she take extra precaution during fingerprinting.

I am not sure if it was the precaution on my part or the technician or both, but seems to have worked...
did you have to pay again each time your fingerprint was rejected

ranahere_222265

May 15, 2018
Go to local police station. they have everything.
Mine came back within a week

Hello,

Me and my wife went for ink-rolled fingerprinting. We took 2 sets of fingerprints from 2 different vendors.

My wife's fingerprint was rejected by FBI with reason:

"The quality of the characteristics is too low to be used"

What are our options ?

Has anyone submitted digital fingerprints instead of ink-based ? ( We are non US citizens residing on USA east coast. )

We still have slightly under a month before we can submit our application.

Thanks for your time!

tony1

Aug 22, 2018
I took a livescan fingerprint earlier this month and it's accepted by FBI. I used fastfingerprints.com, and they charged $35 for a couple of fingerprint cards. Expensive but I had no choice as the local police station didn't help. They said in case if the prints are not accepted by FBI, they can get it done for free the next time. Not sure whether all centers will do that, but at least the one in Cincinnati assured me that.

Hello,

Did you fill any "Request for Live Scan" form. I live in California and I need that to get the fingerprints done. Please help.

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
Hello,

Did you fill any "Request for Live Scan" form. I live in California and I need that to get the fingerprints done. Please help.
Sorry! I don't remember filling in any forms.