+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Fingerprinting in Canada

varatio1

Jul 24, 2019
Hi, I'm gathering my documents in preparation to apply for PR. I lived in the US for a few years so I need fingerprints.

Do I submit my fingerprints once I am issued an ITA or can I submit my fingerprints ahead of time?

Thanks!

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
There is no place for you to submit your PCC while you are waiting for the ITA. However, you can gather it if you are expected to receive one soon.

varatio1

Jul 24, 2019
There is no place for you to submit your PCC while you are waiting for the ITA. However, you can gather it if you are expected to receive one soon.
Hello, can't i gather it beforehand and submit it later or upload it afterwards?

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
You are free to gather the PCC at anytime prior. If U.S. is not your current county of residence, I think you can get it at anytime as long as it covers your entire stay in the U.S.

But before ITA, you can submit your PCC.

varatio1

Jul 24, 2019
You are free to gather the PCC at anytime prior. If U.S. is not your current county of residence, I think you can get it at anytime as long as it covers your entire stay in the U.S.

But before ITA, you can submit your PCC.
Thank you. Yes I no longer live there, and my country of residence is Canada.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
You don’t need to have an ITA to apply for the FBI certificate. You can apply at anytime. I got mine before I received ITA cuz people only have 60 days after ITA to submit a complete PR application, but the FBI letter can take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive in the mail.

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Has anyone mailed fingerprints to the FBI recently? Our package was delivered a week ago but still hasn't received any response from them. Trying to figure out what the timeline is like now.

varatio1

Jul 24, 2019
You don’t need to have an ITA to apply for the FBI certificate. You can apply at anytime. I got mine before I received ITA cuz people only have 60 days after ITA to submit a complete PR application, but the FBI letter can take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive in the mail.
How long did it take for you to receive the certificate?

varatio1

Jul 24, 2019
Has anyone mailed fingerprints to the FBI recently? Our package was delivered a week ago but still hasn't received any response from them. Trying to figure out what the timeline is like now.
I submitted mine on Sept 1 but I'm still waiting. I got an ITA from IRCC today as well. I emailed the FBI identity department today to check about processing times.