+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Fingerprint Rejected Multiple Times

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
Hello!
I am applying for PR through EE provincial nominee program and right now I am stuck at getting police certificate from FBI because my fingerprint has been rejected three times (7 sets of fingerprints in total). I have always had difficulties doing fingerprinting and fingerprint technicians had already done their best. I just sent FBI more fingerprint cards and am waiting for result. I lived in Colorado for about 9 months after I was 18. I do have a police certificate from Colorado Bureau of Investigation but it is a name check (not fingerprint check). My question is if my fingerprint keeps getting rejected, should I just submit my application with the state PCC, all rejection letters from FBI and a letter of explanation? I am worried that even doing so I still risk my application getting rejected because it is missing FBI PCC. Does anyone have similar experience or any advice? I am wondering how can I reduce my risk of being rejected if I don't have FBI PCC. Is there no way to contact immigration officer or get special help for individual case? Would an immigration lawyer be helpful in this situation? Do they have any ways of contacting immigration officers? Can IRCC take my fingerprints send to FBI? Because I will need to submit biometrics anyway if I get PR later? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

babbelbubble

Dec 16, 2021
Hi, so sorry to hear that. I don't know if you've ever tried live scan fingerprinting. I heard it has a higher acceptance rate.
I'm in a similar situation. Fingerprints collected at UPS got rejected and now I'm submitting both ink printing and live scan cards.
I hope we both get the document soon!

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
You need to go to an experienced agent who scans digital fingerprints. Only get digital, not ink impressions. It must be on a specific type of card and have the required information on the card. Once these criteria are fulfilled, you should have no issue with fbi rejecting your fingerprints.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
Hello!
I am applying for PR through EE provincial nominee program and right now I am stuck at getting police certificate from FBI because my fingerprint has been rejected three times (7 sets of fingerprints in total). I have always had difficulties doing fingerprinting and fingerprint technicians had already done their best. I just sent FBI more fingerprint cards and am waiting for result. I lived in Colorado for about 9 months after I was 18. I do have a police certificate from Colorado Bureau of Investigation but it is a name check (not fingerprint check). My question is if my fingerprint keeps getting rejected, should I just submit my application with the state PCC, all rejection letters from FBI and a letter of explanation? I am worried that even doing so I still risk my application getting rejected because it is missing FBI PCC. Does anyone have similar experience or any advice? I am wondering how can I reduce my risk of being rejected if I don't have FBI PCC. Is there no way to contact immigration officer or get special help for individual case? Would an immigration lawyer be helpful in this situation? Do they have any ways of contacting immigration officers? Can IRCC take my fingerprints send to FBI? Because I will need to submit biometrics anyway if I get PR later? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!
when did you apply for fbi check? i applied on march 2nd and sent finger print card on march 3rd. no updates since then

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
Hi, so sorry to hear that. I don't know if you've ever tried live scan fingerprinting. I heard it has a higher acceptance rate.
I'm in a similar situation. Fingerprints collected at UPS got rejected and now I'm submitting both ink printing and live scan cards.
did you apply for fbi check?

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
when did you apply for fbi check? i applied on march 2nd and sent finger print card on march 3rd. no updates since then
Did you get your report? My fingerprint card was delivered on 3/15 and no update as of today.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
I called them, they had a system upgrade on march 3rd. Currently they are processing fingerprints from march 7th. When did your fingerprint reached them?

Reactions: yang9866

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
I called them, they had a system upgrade on march 3rd. Currently they are processing fingerprints from march 7th. When did your fingerprint reached them?
My fingerprint card was delivered on March 15th.

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
I have tried submitting both live scan and ink too. Hope we can both get it soon!

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
You need to go to an experienced agent who scans digital fingerprints. Only get digital, not ink impressions. It must be on a specific type of card and have the required information on the card. Once these criteria are fulfilled, you should have no issue with fbi rejecting your fingerprints.
I have tried live scan but the quality wasn't good because my hands are too sweaty. I have tried ink too. I am going to police station to do fingerprinting tomorrow.

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
My fingerprint card arrived on March 13th and I haven't received response yet. I called them too and they are having delays because of system upgrade or something. They say maybe I will hear back from them by the end of this week or next week.

yang9866

Star Member
Mar 10, 2023
wait for a week or so, they will process it soon. I will let you know when they process my. my fingerprint reached them on march 10th.
Thanks a lot. Mine arrived on March 13th and I am waiting for response. Tomorrow I am going to regional police station in Halifax to do fingerprinting again. My next step would be to see if RCMP does fingerprinting. I will keep trying. If all gets rejected then I am going to get consultation from immigration lawyer and see if they have any way of asking IRCC for an alternative.