Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Thanks for the reply DuberBlue

DuberBlue said:
My wife's took about 6 weeks to arrive, when we got hers back in February of this year. So you should get it soon, but may still have up to 2 weeks to wait (or maybe more if the shutdown affected anything there).

One thing I kept doing was checking my credit card statement online...if you paid via credit card it will show the charge the day the check is completed.

tan1chak2

Dec 12, 2008
Hello All, My mother's FBI fingerprints got rejected 4 times owing to age and bad quality prints . Fifth try was a charm. I want to share with you some of the great advice and support I got from the Customer Support folks for CJIS division -
1. If you have several rejections , please call them to understand what the problem is.
2. Try to use the electronic request . The requests are processed much faster 3 - 5 business days from the day they receive the FP. The duration is mostly driven by how long it takes the fingerprints to reach FBI over mail or courier. From what I have seen they start processing immediately the day after they receive it and usually the result came within minutes - maybe an hour or two.
3. Always provide them with at least 4 FP cards in a package. Saves you courier cost. And also ensure that you have ink and roll and livescan prints. Usually your local police station will be able to do Livescan prints if you are in the US or Canada. Not sure about India or other countries.
4. If you have several rejections despite all of the above, then call CJIS Customer Support , they can issue you a rejection letter as you probably cannot be fingerprinted .
Good luck Folks !!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello All, My mother's FBI fingerprints got rejected 4 times owing to age and bad quality prints . Fifth try was a charm. I want to share with you some of the great advice and support I got from the Customer Support folks for CJIS division -
1. If you have several rejections , please call them to understand what the problem is.
2. Try to use the electronic request . The requests are processed much faster 3 - 5 business days from the day they receive the FP. The duration is mostly driven by how long it takes the fingerprints to reach FBI over mail or courier. From what I have seen they start processing immediately the day after they receive it and usually the result came within minutes - maybe an hour or two.
3. Always provide them with at least 4 FP cards in a package. Saves you courier cost. And also ensure that you have ink and roll and livescan prints. Usually your local police station will be able to do Livescan prints if you are in the US or Canada. Not sure about India or other countries.
4. If you have several rejections despite all of the above, then call CJIS Customer Support , they can issue you a rejection letter as you probably cannot be fingerprinted .
Good luck Folks !!
1. If you are having trouble getting clear prints check with the local police to find out who does the the fingerprints for the deceased, they can usually raise any fingerprint.