+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Cover letter for couple

rimekim

Jan 6, 2010
Hi all,
In the FBI instructions for getting the criminal record it says in reference to the cover letter:
"If for a couple, family, etc., all persons must sign cover letter"

Does this mean that I only need to send one single cover letter? Since in the form there's only space to fill out the information of one person, I'm affraid that they could get confused and send the criminal record of that person only, even if two sets of fingerprints are attached.

How is everyone else doing it? One single cover letter or one for each member of the family?

Thanks.

topgun2010

Jan 16, 2010
Hi Rimekim,
You need to send a seperate cover letter for every set of fingerprints.1 cover letter each for every background check requested.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure about one envolope, but it should be fine. Any one whohas sent request for couple can confirm

You definately need two cover letters and payment of USD 18 for each applicant

mommylawyer

Feb 4, 2009
Put mine and that of my husband's in just one envelope. i used 2 cover letters, one for myself and one for him. paid also $36. first request in june 2008 took only less than 4 weeks. i was asked by buffalo for an updated fbi clearance for me and hubby. request was receuved last nov 19 and i was told to the processing is now 10 weeks or more.