+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI clearance validity once submitted

shrusrinivas

Mar 15, 2017
Hello,

I am currently waiting for my WES evaluation to apply for express entry (WES received my documents on the 3rd of March), but otherwise I have all the required documents ready for submission. One of the detail I am a little apprehensive about is the validity of FBI clearance certificate.

I got my certificate on the 7th of Nov'16 and as it seems, it is valid for 6 months, which goes on to be till the 7th of May'17. Given this state, if I get an ITA and submit all the required documents before 7th May (hypothetically by April 1st week), would it still be valid? given CIC might take longer than 7th May to process it.

I am wondering if I should apply for another copy of the clearance and even if it takes a while to come back, can I still use my present clearance certificate.

Pointers of any kind from personal are highly appreciated.

Thanks Much!

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

shrusrinivas

Mar 15, 2017
Thanks adanac_ati.
I wanted to make sure if someone has had a similar experience and things went south there on. I guess submitting before May 7th should work for me.

zzarkhan

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
ITA recived 1 March 2017
adanac_ati said:
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.

if i get PCC from my home country (where i don't reside) and after that i travel for 2-3 days to my home country. do i need a fresh PCC?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you would need a new certificate doesn't matter how short the trip is!
CIC clearly states if you no longer resides then you must get the certificate after the last visit!

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
I had a pretty similar case. My US PCC was issued on july 14 and was vaild till Jan 14. I submitted my application on Dec 6 and got my PPR a few days back with no issues related to PCC. I think you should be good to go as long as the PCC is valid on the day of your AOR.
-Immigrationfun
shrusrinivas said:
Thanks adanac_ati.
I wanted to make sure if someone has had a similar experience and things went south there on. I guess submitting before May 7th should work for me.

shrusrinivas

Mar 15, 2017
To close the loop, I submitted my ITA 7 days before my FBI Clearance expired and that did not pose an issue. I got my PR in less than 2 months from AOR.

Applicant - FSWO (US Resident)
ITA - 5th Apr
AOR/NA1 - 2nd May
Medical Passed - 4th July
IP1 - 4th July
NA2 - 20th July
IP2 - 22nd July
PPR - 24th July