+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance delay - CIC gave deadline to submit documents

Devraj_1986

Oct 29, 2017
Hi,

I got my ITA 2 months back and I submitted my application as my IELTS were about to expire. I could not get FBI Clearance while I was submitting so I submitted with an explaination letter that I have applied for it and will provide once available.

Now I got message from cic to submit Clearance by Dec 2. Please help me in understanding that will I be able to get second extension as I doubt I will receive Clearance by Dec 2. If yes, how can I let CIC know that I need another extension?

Is this thru web form or thru uploading another explaination letter to the link CIC asking me to update documents. If it’s uploading explaination letter again (second option) then do I need to just keep documents uploaded to the link provided or upload and submit application?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
First things first,

You can most definitely ask for another extension if you have enough room to stay your grounds! Put yourself in the officer's shoe! Why would he/she not give you an extension if getting a police clearance is out of reach for now. So don't worry, as long as you can explain thoroughly I'm pretty sure you can get an extension. They are not mean robots, they are humans and they will understand. But don't stretch it too much! It only make sense right?

Try this: contact the the office which is issuing you the FBI clearance and explain that you are on a deadline, if they can not give you the extension by the date mentioned, kindly ask them to email or fax or mail you a letter that says issuing the clearance would take time. Make them to give you that letter at least, make sure it is dated. Then attach the letter or that email to your explanation letter and add it to your documents. If I were you I would both email and mail the explanation letter (although I'm not sure if the officer provided you with a mailing option). With doing this you are keeping yourself safe and you are showing the officer that it is impossible to get that letter for now.

This being said, mention that as soon as you get the clearance you are going to post it to them via express mail so they can have it on the file.

About uploading the documents, I'm from the old generation that used to mail our documents, so not sure how express entry works. There should be an option so you can upload additional documents to your file. Don't create another profile, keep your documents uploaded they have them on the system. Just update your file.

All the best mate,

FinTor

May 26, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-05-2017
Doc's Request.
31-05-2017
Nomination.....
Not Applied for
AOR Received.
25-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2017
LANDED..........
26-10-2017
Hi,

I got my ITA 2 months back and I submitted my application as my IELTS were about to expire. I could not get FBI Clearance while I was submitting so I submitted with an explaination letter that I have applied for it and will provide once available.

Now I got message from cic to submit Clearance by Dec 2. Please help me in understanding that will I be able to get second extension as I doubt I will receive Clearance by Dec 2. If yes, how can I let CIC know that I need another extension?

Is this thru web form or thru uploading another explaination letter to the link CIC asking me to update documents. If it’s uploading explaination letter again (second option) then do I need to just keep documents uploaded to the link provided or upload and submit application?
One of my friends used http://www.canadianfingerprints.com/ - they have an expedited service. The report comes almost instantly.

FinTor

May 26, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-05-2017
Doc's Request.
31-05-2017
Nomination.....
Not Applied for
AOR Received.
25-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2017
LANDED..........
26-10-2017

Devraj_1986

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks all for the reply.i have contacted CIC thru web form and waiting on response. That is the latest process to contact them and uploading explaination letters. Let’s see finger crossed!!

sl199221

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks all for the reply.i have contacted CIC thru web form and waiting on response. That is the latest process to contact them and uploading explaination letters. Let’s see finger crossed!!
Can you let us know what happened ? Im pretty much in the same boat as you were.

Thanks.

Devraj_1986

Oct 29, 2017
Luckily our fbi Clearance came after a week of deadline and we submitted reports through web form. Still waiting on updates from CIC. Background check seems to be in progress yet. What is your stage currently showing up?
Also, I have one more question here...once we land into Canada and we need to exit Canada without collecting PR card in person, is it fine that one of our friend carry it to us from Canada to our home country? Is it legal and safe?

Sancheeta

Dec 19, 2017
Hello, I received the RPRF request a week back but I have been pretty much out of touch from my emails and as a result missed the deadline of 7 days by 12 hours.
Can i get your opinion on how this might be treated by CIC? Will they give me a leeway or refuse my application?
I'll appreciate your valuable feedback.
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello, I received the RPRF request a week back but I have been pretty much out of touch from my emails and as a result missed the deadline of 7 days by 12 hours.
Can i get your opinion on how this might be treated by CIC? Will they give me a leeway or refuse my application?
I'll appreciate your valuable feedback.
Pay it ASAP and send an explanation to IRCC via the webform. And hope for the best. Yes, it is possible that your application is refused, but if they get the payment "in time," (before someone makes a decision), it will be OK.

khayes21

Mar 14, 2018
Luckily our fbi Clearance came after a week of deadline and we submitted reports through web form. Still waiting on updates from CIC. Background check seems to be in progress yet. What is your stage currently showing up?
Also, I have one more question here...once we land into Canada and we need to exit Canada without collecting PR card in person, is it fine that one of our friend carry it to us from Canada to our home country? Is it legal and safe?
Was your visa for a full year or was it cut short because of the FBI Clearance delay? My boyfriend got an extension as he awaits his FBI clearance, and we just got the letter from the FBI but we are wondering if we should wait a bit to submit in order to extend when his visa is eligible until. For background, he was extended until June, and likely won't actually move to Canada until July or August, so if we could wait until June to submit the FBI check and he would have 12 months, that would be awesome. But we're not sure if that's how it works, and of course CIC is impossible to contact!

jselvalakshmi

Dec 7, 2017
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
12-11-2017
Hi friends iam new to this thread .
I got invitation on 21 feb now iam ready with all the documents except pcc from my home country for my dependant. I tried to submitt but the page doesnt show any options for that. Please help what should i do now ? Iam worried that the de