+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father's Visitor Visa still processing (Bangladesh)

alvi.rahman

Mar 15, 2021
Hi, I applied for my father's visitor visa in July 19th 2020. I am a Canadian PR and he is a Bangladesh Citizen. We also wrote an email explaining the situation for them to come here soon, as my siblings live in Canada as well (work permits) and we have been away from our parents for 16months now. My mom has her visa which is valid till July 2021.

There is no update regarding my father's application on IRCC website and we are concerned whether there are any issues with his application. My brother is looking to get married this spring and everything is on hold due to my parents not being here. His partner is a Canadian Citizen and so is her whole family, will it be effective if we wrote a letter to explain the situation by getting all members' of the family's signatures (form of a petition)? Can I do anything else to get more info on the application or to get the process expedited? Can anyone kindly advise?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi, I applied for my father's visitor visa in July 19th 2020. I am a Canadian PR and he is a Bangladesh Citizen. We also wrote an email explaining the situation for them to come here soon, as my siblings live in Canada as well (work permits) and we have been away from our parents for 16months now. My mom has her visa which is valid till July 2021.

There is no update regarding my father's application on IRCC website and we are concerned whether there are any issues with his application. My brother is looking to get married this spring and everything is on hold due to my parents not being here. His partner is a Canadian Citizen and so is her whole family, will it be effective if we wrote a letter to explain the situation by getting all members' of the family's signatures (form of a petition)? Can I do anything else to get more info on the application or to get the process expedited? Can anyone kindly advise?
A petition would be irrelevant to the process