+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father's or Husband's Name on CNIC and Passport?

TayabMT

Dec 7, 2019
Dear All,

I have a simple question. My wife and I are planning to apply for immigration. We are in process of getting our documents ready. My question is which is more preferable; my name on my wife's CNIC as her husband or her father's name as it was before marriage. The reason being all her educational documents bear her father's name. I mean her original name will remain the same but status on CNIC will be changed and instead of father her husband (mine) name will be mentioned. Which would be acceptable?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,

I have a simple question. My wife and I are planning to apply for immigration. We are in process of getting our documents ready. My question is which is more preferable; my name on my wife's CNIC as her husband or her father's name as it was before marriage. The reason being all her educational documents bear her father's name. I mean her original name will remain the same but status on CNIC will be changed and instead of father her husband (mine) name will be mentioned. Which would be acceptable?
IRCC doesn't care.

Reactions: TayabMT