+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father's name different on documents

hani786

Apr 21, 2017
I am sponsoring my husband.
My father's name is different on his national identity card of pakistan and different on his canadian passport. The difference is that on his passport it has his first, middle and last name whereas on his nicop, it has his first name and middle name, last name is not included. An example is, Mohammad Ahmad Malik on his paaport while his nicop has Mohammad Ahmad. This issue has created differences in documents, such as, on marriage certificate it lists my fathers name as Mohammad Ahmad, and rest of the documents we have it as Mohammad Ahmad Malik. Unfortuntely we can't change his name on either passport or nicop cause he has land property under different names for different countries, and changing his name on either will remove his ownership on the property. Will this create problem when sponsoring my husband? and if yes, what can i do to fix this? i read that it will require affidavit to prove both names are one person, but this was an opinion of someone, so i am not sure about the reliability.

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
I am sponsoring my husband.
My father's name is different on his national identity card of pakistan and different on his canadian passport. The difference is that on his passport it has his first, middle and last name whereas on his nicop, it has his first name and middle name, last name is not included. An example is, Mohammad Ahmad Malik on his paaport while his nicop has Mohammad Ahmad. This issue has created differences in documents, such as, on marriage certificate it lists my fathers name as Mohammad Ahmad, and rest of the documents we have it as Mohammad Ahmad Malik. Unfortuntely we can't change his name on either passport or nicop cause he has land property under different names for different countries, and changing his name on either will remove his ownership on the property. Will this create problem when sponsoring my husband? and if yes, what can i do to fix this? i read that it will require affidavit to prove both names are one person, but this was an opinion of someone, so i am not sure about the reliability.
I don't think it should be a problem as you don't have to provide any proof of identity for you father, just write his name in the application forms. Wherever your father's name is required write it the way it is written in his Canadian passport as his nicop is not a form of valid identity in Canada where as passport is.

Reactions: hani786

hani786

Apr 21, 2017
Wherever your father's name is required write it the way it is written in his Canadian passport as his nicop is not a form of valid identity in Canada where as passport is.
That is the problem, i can not write my father's name as seen on passport for marriage certificate. The marriage certificate needs to be notarized by the pakistani government, and in Pakistan, my father's name is not exactly the same as his canadian passport.

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
That is the problem, i can not write my father's name as seen on passport for marriage certificate. The marriage certificate needs to be notarized by the pakistani government, and in Pakistan, my father's name is not exactly the same as his canadian passport.
Oh ok I see. Maybe along with your application attach a letter explaining the situation to your visa officer. How your father has a middle name but it does not appear or Canadian documents due to...(whatever the reason be). As long as you explain that Mohammad Ahmad Malik and Mohammad Malik (as given in your example) are they same person I do not think it should be a problem. Maybe even attach both IDs as a form of proof?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just include a letter of explanation. It's not an issue.

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hello members
My father's name is different in my educational documents and the passport. In the passport it is "Kabeer Arshad Khan". However, in the educational documents it is written as "Kabeer Khan".

Please guide me what documents do I need to submit to CIC in this regard. A duly notarized affidavit of one and the same person alongwith an explanation in LOE will suffice or there are any other additional documents that I need to get?

Thank you

A girl

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
So no need to provide an affidavit or other documents until CIC asks for it?
yeah my name is a whole new name from my ID in the contry where i say rn and my passport and my birth certificate there are not matching and i think it's ok ... we asked them say said the only name they care about it's the passport

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello members
My father's name is different in my educational documents and the passport. In the passport it is "Kabeer Arshad Khan". However, in the educational documents it is written as "Kabeer Khan".

Please guide me what documents do I need to submit to CIC in this regard. A duly notarized affidavit of one and the same person alongwith an explanation in LOE will suffice or there are any other additional documents that I need to get?

Thank you
You don't need to do anything. It's still the same name.

harsifat

Jan 9, 2021
hello members
i have a problem related to my father's name. My father is name different on my all documents from his documents like on adhar card "pan card " .will i have to face problems while applying for canada study visa. please guide me. how can i solve it?