+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father revoked IMM5604

red&white

Nov 20, 2020
Hi everyone! I am from the Philippines. I am a Permanent resident of Canada too. I applied PR for my son (4yo) medical is done last july 2020.
Recently I received an email from the immigration saying the father revoked his consent that he has signed before (IMM5604).
Now I am lost and confused of what documents I can provide as an alternative for the revoked consent form.
I tried talking to him but he strongly said he wont sign it again and that he changed his mind.
We are not married, but my son uses his father’s last name and he is in the birth certificate as well.
Is there anyone here who have experienced something like this? What did you do? What docs did you submit?
As per the Philippine Family code, for illegitimate children under 7, the mother has the sole parental authority of the child and should never be separated. Is there any document I can get regarding this law? Or anything that Immigration can consider in replacement for the consent form?
I am hoping to not go to court to get full custody because it will take forever to get it. Hoping you guys could help! Thank you!