+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FATHER NAME PROBLEM IN DOCUMENTS. KINDLEY READ IT AND SOLVE MY PROBLEM..

Malik osama

Dec 25, 2020
I got an offer letter from the university but i am facing a PROBLEM that in All my Study documents and Passport my father name is written
"MALIK MUHAMMAD SALEEM"
BUT

In my father's bank and in all his documents his name is written
"MUHAMMAD SALEEM"
  • Will it make any issue in visa?
  • Kindley tell me iam really very confused.
  • Waiting for your reply.
  • It is very difficult and long process to change names from all the document.
  • Please tell me any solution.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
I had a similar problem where my parents have used two different spelling of our surname in various documents. I attached a simple LOE explaining the situation briefly as below. I'm still waiting for my visa though.

To,
The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada

Dear Sir or Madam,

Subject: Letter of Explanation - Family name spelling

This is to bring to your kind notice that my family name/surname, “XyZZ”, being foreign to the English language when transliterated to English, can have more than one spelling while maintaining the same phonetics. On this account, my parents have been using “XyZZ” and “XYZ” interchangeably on different documents, while I have used only “XyZZ” on all my official documents.

I hereby confirm that,

1. “ABCD XYZ” (as on passport) and “ABCD XyZZ” refers to the same person throughout this application and is my mother.

1. “DEFG XYZ” (as on passport) and “DEFG XyZZ” refers to the same person throughout this application and is my father.

Should you require any further clarification on the same, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your valuable time devoted to my application.

Sincerely,
PQRS XyZZ